“Nice hotel near shopping mall”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hagerstown, MD
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is a typical Country Inn & Suites. Country Inns are our first choice in places to stay while traveling, as they are dependably clean and comfortable and offer a nice free breakfast, plus cookies. This one did not disappoint. There are several nearby restaurants (including Ruby Tuesdays - another favorite of ours), as well as gas stations.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here for the 4th of July weekend for a softball tournament and it was great! The room was clean, beds were comfy, decent pillows, ice machines always worked, the pool was nice and clean and the grounds were nice as well! The coffee and teas in the lobby, along with the cookies and fruit was a nice touch!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is an economy version of the Country Inn and nowhere near the experience you may have had previously. The lobby was small and pool too small even for the children to use due to overcrowding. The linens in the bathroom consisted of 1 bath towel each which was so threadbare it couldn't even be used, was frayed across the bottom and had stains on it. The room had an odor of smoking in it even though it was marked non-smoking. The :fresh" cookies advertised in the lobby were wrapped in saran wrap on the counter and very uninviting. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, go to the Hampton and be assured of a good experience. We travel to this area at least 4 times a year and thought we would give this a try, definitely a terrible decision.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
1  Thank Judy632014
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hagerstown, MD, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was traveling with my two young daughters and stayed here twice within a four day period as a stopping point between upstate NY and Virginia.
This is a new hotel (April 2005) and it is maintained in pristine condition. Check-in/check out occurred with no hassle. The pool was adequate for a hotel of its size; the hot tub was luxuriously large. Enjoyed the free breakfast that the hotel offers. I noticed that the weekday version is better--had more hot selections like sausage, eggs, home fries that the weekend version did not have. Rooms were well-appointed and sparking clean. Comfy beds! On the second leg of our trip, we were given a first floor room; this was larger and had higher ceilings than the second floor room we had a few days earlier. The hotel is situated in the parking lot of a mall. Lots of dining choices within walking distance. Will continue to use this chain.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Nice cozy hotel, close to restaurants and a shopping mall. We just stopped here on our travel route. A lot of little extras: free cookies, coffee, fruit, newspaper.... Nice hot breakfast and GREAT ASSORTMENT OF TEAS (usually missing from most hotels). Good value, clean room, comfortable bed,, friendly staff. Nice pool and fitness center (we didn't have time to make use of them). Wish there were more of this chain around.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I am sharing my experience on Tripadviisor because my completed survey upon departure was not given the attention it deserved. Rather than addressing my concerns during my stay, I was sent a "template apology" which implies no one actually cares about my experience. However, I have been receiving marketing messages for various promotions, but I will certainly disregard them. Let me start by saying that the staff was very pleasant and professional in appearance but the overall cleanliness and comfort of the hotel leaves much to be desired. I see no real benefit in uploading pictures and embarrassing anyone, but I will list my concerns.
I requested a non-smoking room and found it very odd that the entire floor (number 4) was non-smoking EXCEPT for the two rooms across from mine! The corridor smelled of smoke and I have to question why in this day and age they just don't have smoking and non-smoking floors. Is it really necessary to shoehorn two smoking rooms near the 20+ non-smoking rooms? The corridor carpeting had stains the distance to my room, and they were visible half way down the hall. My room carpeting was worn and looked dirty and their were black marks on the wall vinyl in many places. I don't understand why large black marks on the wall next to the TV are not noticed and removed, considering most people stare at that wall. The microfridge cabinet had huge gouges and marks on it and looked terrible. If it can't be repaired then replace it! The biggest issue I had was with the mattress. After a long day of travel I was counting on a comfortable rest and I was very disappointed. The mattress offered no support and my back was a mess in the morning. I was curious to see the condition of the mattress and noticed the manufacturer's tag showed a date of 2005. I am no expert in these matters but would think a hotel mattress shouldn't see 9 years of use. Having a restful sleep is why most people stay at hotels and I am disappointed that management treats this as secondary. The breakfast was very good but I thought it odd that Styrofoam is being used and cheap plastic ware. In my opinion, those two things detract from a very nice experience. While I would never write off a chain of hotels by one bad experience, I am more put off by the fact "Online Customer Support" replied to my original survey with a canned response and no sincere effort to show me that they actually read it. I hope the property manager eventually sees my survey so that something is done to make improvements.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hagerstown, MD, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

We are sorry your stay did not meet your expectations and that Online Customer Support failed to address your concerns. We would like to hear more about your stay, please contact Corporate Customer Care.