“Too bad.....”

SpringHill Suites Hagerstown
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

It's too bad such a nice hotel with a great location skimped on their bed linens and towels. The Marriott built a beautiful hotel but one of the main reasons you return to a hotel is comfort. The bed linens and towels were like sandpaper. My husband and I travel a lot and this was the first time neither of us slept. I itched the entire night. This was a pit stop on our way to NYC and next time we'll pick a different hotel in this area. Perfect location beside a mall and many restaurants. Wrong hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
jeffroy34, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments from your stay last week. We do strive to exceed our guest's expectations by offering a great Marriott service experience and product. We have shared your experience with our housekeeping staff to review and make sure we are not over drying and using the quality linens and towels we have at our hotel. Thank you too for mentioning our hotel is nice and beautiful with a great location. Continued safe travels and best wishes- Sharon B General Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed one night due to widespread power outages in our area and they had electric. The quick decision turned out to be a great one for us. The room was clean, roomy and the bed very comfortable. They are extremely close to Valley Mall (walking distance if it were warmer) which has a variety of shopping and restaurant options. The breakfast which was included had a variety of food to choose from. They kept everything filled up and the quality was really good. The staff was professional and pleasant. So glad we decided to stay there instead of staying home with no electric, heat, or water.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelFans3
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here during a ski trip at Whitetail. The rooms are spacious and modern. It looks like they were recently remodeled. We decided to stay an extra night, but they were booked. We were disappointed, because our room was so nice. I wish breakfast ended at 10am instead of 9am. I love the 12pm checkout time! We will definitely be back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Maria S
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed over one night on our way south and found this hotel to be so nice we wished we could have stayed longer. The newly remodeled property really looked great. Our room was so roomy and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was very good with fresh strawberries that tasted like they had just come from Plant City. We had them and then on to the eggs and sausage. If it works out we will stay there again on our way back up north. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

From check in to check out it was a very pleasant stay. My family and I also stay at the nearby Country Inn and Suites and are return visitors there due to the customer service experience. I'd say our experience at your particular Spring Hill has mirrored our experience there and will now consider both properties when staying in the area. If only Spring Hill had those fresh baked cookies...oh well, cut the calories and consider staying here.

The staff at check-in were both very friendly and personable. The breakfast selections were outstanding (scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, cereal, oatmeal bar, make your own waffles, whole fruit, etc.) and the staff did a nice job keeping up with the demands of a busy dining room on a holiday weekend (MLK weekend). On two separate visits to the pool we were short on towels, but after a quick phone call the housekeeping staff had towels stocked within 5 minutes. Overall it was a very pleasant stay using my reward points for a family of 3 overnight stay.

Room Tip: The lower level floor has the pool and fitness center. I'd recommend staying on a higher floor...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed here on business in August 2013 and was back for the week again January 2014. The hotel has undergone some very nice renovations. The rooms are much more modern than they were in the past and I LOVE the changes! The lobby is very inviting as well.

The only thing that didn't change was the friendly staff and the great breakfast selections.

I'll stay here again when I'm in town.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side opposite the expressway if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My one night stay was comfortable and the price was decent. I don't think the room was big enough to be labeled "suite", but no biggie for the amount of time I was there. I only have two complaints - the entry door to the room are thin, you can hear the hallway traffic and my bigger complaint is that the bath towels were rock hard. It felt like we were drying off with sand paper. Other than that, the hotel was suitable for the value and our one night stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple