“The Holy Grail of great hotels!”

Homewood Suites Hagerstown
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I have to admit, I am a very picky hotel guest, mostly because I was a resort manager for 10 years. I tend to look at everything with a magnifying glass because I know what to look for. The Homewood Suites in Hagerstown would have been my pride and joy.....I kept waiting for the other shoe to fall and it never did. First of all, the front desk clerk was very pleasant, checked me in in about 1 minute flat, and gave me a free upgrade (having the Hilton Honors membership card helps). The suite was big, immaculate, very well appointed, and comfortable. A/C was in top working order, kitchen had granite counters and full size refrigerator-freezer, and cabinets were fully stocked with dishes, utensils, pots and pans. The appliances looked brand new. The internet was free. The bathroom was also granite, spotless, and had a great shower with quality bath amenities, even a night light on the hair dryer stand. The bed was a dream - very comfortable, with a down quilt and feather pillows. The mirrored closet contained a full ironing board and iron. There was an HD TV in both the bedroom and the living room.
We were delighted to find a free dinner buffet and complimentary beer/wine in the lobby area (I understand this is Monday - Thursday only) and there was a free hot and cold breakfast buffet also (every day but weekend is slightly fancier).
There is an exercise room, and the nicest indoor pool and hot tub I've ever seen in a hotel. Again, immaculate, and after a long drive it felt great. There is a courtyard outside the pool with a small basketball court, putting green, shuffleboard, and lounge chairs and tables. The landscaping is pretty and well tended.
I found all of the employees to be very courteous (thank you, Marilyn, for your personable attention during dinner).
All in all, it was the cleanest, most pleasant hotel I've ever been in, and the rate was much lower than what I would have expected. Homewood Suites, you're doin' it right! Next time we do the long trek to CT, we will be sure to stop here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NCSquirrel_Girl

Reviewed 5 June 2010

Have to agree with the other reviewers - top notch hotel and an excellent choice in Hagerstown. Can't beat the free evening meal and drinks. Slept well, shower nice, amenities great.

Only issue, if you can call it one, was that the temperature between the outer living area and bedroom was off by, I'd assess, 3-4 degrees. Made it hard to adjust to make our infants comfy.

All in all, we'd go back if we're back in the area. Excellent stop ...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Hands down - the nicest, off the highway, overnight choice. The suite was PERFECT. Conveniently off Hwy 81, easy in and out. Why all hotels can't live up to their standards is a mystery. Professional, clean, nearly brand new, comfortable bed, excellent shower. Great job and thank you.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Just returned from a 4 day stay at this hotel.Great location near all attractions ,and many restaraunts.You can drive to Harpers Ferry from here,highly recomended.This hotel serves a free hot breakfast,and dinner,good value for the money.Bed very comfortable,room very clean.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2010

We reserved both a one-bedroom and a two-bedroom suite for our large group of scouts for a Saturday evening stay, since we were skiing the next day at Whitetail and wanted to get a good head-start on Sunday morning. Rooms were spacious and nicely appointed and we especially enjoyed cooking in the kitchen, which was well-stocked with dishes, silverware, plates, glasses, pots, dishwasher and detergent, etc. Front desk staff was super-friendly and helpful (gave us good directions to the local outlets, the grocery store and to Whitetail). We enjoyed the pool from 9-10 p.m. -- clean and well-stocked with towels. Only oddity was that there seemed to be a lot of chlorine in the air (non-swimmer adult eyes started burning a bit after a while...not sure what that was about). We didn't play basketball but the court looked nice. We also enjoyed the hot breakfast (oatmeal, eggs, cereal, what I think was creamed-chipped-beef, bagels, waffles-you- make-yourself, etc.). Everything there was fresh and continuously replenished. Though we did not stay on a weekday, could see from the menu posted on the fridge that they serve what almost sounded like free, light dinner fare during the early evening (tacos, etc.).
A couple of my girls ended up leaving their bathing suits in the room and we called the next day and were told that they had found them and would be happy to mail them back to us, which they did promptly and at no cost!
Super experience. If you don't mind spending a few extra dollars for nice accommodations and service, this Homewood Suites is A+!

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 24 October 2009

We stayed at this hotel in June of this year and my husband and I both were very impressed with the decor. And the sofabed in our 1 bedroom suite was so comfy. The sofa itself was not only attractive, but comfortable to sit on. The room was clean and well equipped. The staff was extremely helpful. The breakfast area is large and very nice. The breakfast was very good, with everything that you could want. Also, we were surprised to find out that they had a complimentary dinner for us when we arrived. They served Salsbury steak, potatoes, veggies, bread, cookies, salad. What a wonderful and welcome surprise. It is not easy to impress my husband when it comes to hotels, but this one absolutely was impressive to both of us. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2009

Recently stayed at this hotel during a quick little get away with my mother. My sister was supposed to go but something came up at the last minute. Once my sister couldn't join us I tried to change our room from the two bedroom suite to a one bedroom with two beds. Unfortunately this hotel does not have have this type room, only one bed, the two bedroom suites and three bedroom suites. We kept the two bedroom suite it was a very pleasant surprise. The room was so spacious. The room was nicely appointed. There were flat screen TVs with DVD players in both bedrooms and the living area. The kitchen was a little small but sufficient. the bathrooms were nicely appointed. The furniture and decor in the rooms was very nice. It was a nice little place for a get away to do a little shopping and hanging out for us. Not to far from home but it seemed a world away. Nothing fancy about the area but if you are looking for a quick little get away especially if you live in the Washington metropolitian area its not a bad idea. Especially if you want to do a little shopping. We plan on going back again for another girls get away before my sister has had surgery in November.

Stayed: August 2009