“Below average room”

Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This room made me think I went back in time to 1972. Did they not have cleaner in 1972. Not very clean. Old. Beat sleeping in the car I guess. I had to clean sticky food off the table. The fan in the bathroom rattled like an old steam engine train. Not that I had high expectations for a $65 room at Best Western, but I still expected something more. Paid $65 for a room at a comfort suites in Manassas VA and it was great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank William M
venicegrand, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. We take all of our guests’ observations seriously and it troubles me to read a review where a guest did not experience high quality service.

We will be sure to look into the housekeeping issue that you experienced. If you should wish to give us another chance, please contact me and I will personally take care of your reservation from beginning to end. I want to ensure you receive a quality product and service from us.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I was recently traveling with a few friends to Washington DC and we stopped for the night in Hagerstown. We weren't sure what to expect as we have never been to Hagerstown before. I was late when we checked in and we didn't have a reservation. The person at the front desk was wonderful. He quickly got us rooms and we were on our way. The rooms were clean and we liked the fact that they had a small fridge and coffee maker. A few of my friends rooms had a flat screen TV and mine had just a regular box type TV. But it was late and we were leaving the next morning so the TV wasn't a big deal.

And the complimentary breakfast hit the spot before we jumped back in the car. We'll be back on our way home!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
venicegrand, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Robert, thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay and we can’t wait to see you on way back through. I’ll pass along your kind words to the staff. I’m glad you noticed the TV’s. We are in the process of ordering flat screens for every guest room and hope to have them by the end of the year.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

May 2013: My husband and I travel from coast to coast for his career and had several weeks off between projects. We decided to stay in Hagerstown since this is my home town. I know the hotels pretty well, but was very surprised at how nice the Venice Inn was after all these years. When we checked in we didn't know how long our stay was going to be so only booked one nite. The next morning we decided to stay at the Venice Inn for the duration of our time. The staff was the deciding factor. From front desk to hskp staff to maintenance, ALL were consistently friendly and helpful. Front desk helped us out by giving us a larger room for the longer stay and also gave us a reduced rate (Very helpful with extra traveling expenses). The location provides easy access to Interstates 70 and I-81 plus all parts of town which makes it convenient for shopping and selecting restaurants. For quick meals, you can walk across the streets for Little Caesars, Papa Johns, Burger King, Taco Bell. Their breakfast room is nice and welcoming. The staff generous and 'on top' of everything. They have my favorite waffle maker and the typical fruits, cereals, muffins. (It would be extra nice to have the hot eggs and bacon/sausages). But we never went hungry. I like to exercise outside and felt very safe walking around the surrounding neighborhoods. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Cali, thank you so much for your kind words and taking time to send us your comments. We are so glad you decided to stay with us. Our staff is wonderful and it shows! I will pass along your praise to all of them. And I agree with you, we are in a great location for restaurants, grocery, and a few shopping stores, all in walking distance. I’m glad you enjoyed the waffle maker, the smell of fresh waffles makes you feel at home. We are looking into placing some proteins on the complimentary breakfast menu. We can’t wait to see you back. Safe travels!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was staying in Hagerstown for a seminar and got a reasonable rate. Upon arrival the staff at the front desk was very friendly and checked me in immediately. The room was clean and the continential breakfast was good.

Only suggestion would be to add some eggs or breakfast meat to the selection.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
venicegrand, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is wonderful and it shows to our guests. I will pass along the kind words to them. And thank you for the suggestion about meats or eggs being added to our complimentary breakfast menu. I will look into this immediately. We hope to see you back again!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I travel a lot for business, so I have seen the spectrum of hotels across the country. I came to the BW Grand Venice Hotel because my wife's family lives in Hagerstown. I didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised when I walked in. The room was pretty good, but what stuck out to me is that the staff was super friendly. I like meeting people when I travel, and I felt like by the end of my staff, I was good friends with the people at the front desk. We will be staying here again!

Room Tip: I liked my room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along your kind words to the staff. We have a great team and it shows. Being greeted with a smile is always the best way to start off your travels. Please share your experience with your friends and family. I agree with you, the rooms facing the new pool area are great. We can’t wait to see you back again!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here during his business trip. Our first experience with the hotel employee was at the liquor store right next door. The staff was filling-in for somebody there (we always get my red wine for the stay at any hotel). My husband is a funny man so he joked around with the the staff. He was nice to us. Then we checked-in at the front desk and was greeted by Michelle, a very happy go lucky woman who enjoys doing her job. Was very nice to have such welcome from the hotel worker. The room was ok, the a/c was just loud and hard to control. The location is probably good because it's close to the premium outlets, so I went to the outlets two days in a row *:) It's a good stay to attend the conference but don't get free breakfast here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
venicegrand, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and for the kind words about our wonderful staff. I will be sure to pass it along to them. It is always a good feeling to walk into a hotel and be greeted by a warm and friendly smile.

I will personally be looking into the breakfast room and breakfast items. I’m sorry to hear that the air conditioner was hard to control. We’ll have maintenance look into it and see what we can do to improve it.

We hope to see you back the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Every time i check in to a best western i have to lower my expectations just that little bit more. I was greeted to the room by the smell of urine coming from the restroom. The restroom looked superficially clean and after spreaying the toilet with antiseptic the smell disappeared. I wished spreaying with aniesectic should be standard operating procedure in hotel rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Francis T

Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. We want honest feedback from our guests, whether good or not. We take all of our guests’ observations seriously and it troubles me to read a review where a guest did not experience high quality service.