“Such a Grand lobby and a filthy room!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stopped because we were tired. So it was just a random pick. The room was filthy. Things on the walls, who knows what... I don't even want to know what it was. The bed was comfortable. We didn't eat breakfast, but I did stop to talk to the manager. I was told he was busy but would be with me in a minute.... I decided to put my bag in the car and there he was, standing out front smoking! I told him how dirty the room was. I brought down a Lysol wipe I used to wipe off the air conditioner. A tip for you all... If the dirt is built up on the outside that's cause the filter is full and dirty which is blocking the cool air and blowing thru the dirt so they are throwing money out the window along with spreading dirt and dust throughout your room. I told him that too. He cut my bill in half and we left !

• Stayed: August 2014
venicegrand, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! Please note your concerns have been taken seriously, and I have talked with our managers as well as housekeeping to address the concerns that you have pointed out! I sincerely hope that the next time you are in the area that you will consider staying with us again, so that we can make it right by you, and provide you with the excellent service and accommodations we are known for! Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here on the way down to myrtle beach for a vacation. Good sleep, no issues with the room. Only problem was the juice machine was broken at the continental breakfast, but a bunch of other drinks were available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feed back! Our juice machines have since been fixed by the way! We hope that the next time you are passing through the area that you consider staying with us again! Thanks!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Best Western in Hagerstown. We were there for our daughters softball tournament. Our team asked about having a little get-together in the pool area and they allowed us to open the back gate and grill in the parking lot then eat in the pool courtyard. The team and families had a very nice time. The weather wasn't great but the management did their best to get us whatever we needed.
We did find that the hot tub wasn't hot, they keep it lukewarm so that was a little disappointing but there were towels provided and a nice shower area at the pool.
The room was nice. Spacious enough and the beds were comfortable and the shower was hot.
The only problem we had at all was with the breakfast. It's a bit odd how it is held in a 2nd floor room, though it's OK. But nothing was replenished quickly enough. There was no milk or juice and we had to wait quite a while for some coffee. Also, none of the tables were clean. I had to wipe one down for us to eat. The girl working there didn't seem to care, or speak English. Other than that, everything went well with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
venicegrand, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and happy that we could accommodate you and the softball team so that your stay was enjoyable. We try to make sure we can accommodate the little requests like that, that make a stay even more memorable. We hope that you will consider staying with us again next year during softball season! Thanks again!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

First room was a disaster. Couldn't even walk inside. There was a trash can tipped over on the floor, white powder of some sort spilled over the carpet, and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned. Requested a new room.

The second room had missing tile in the bathroom, saggy bed linens. Filthy carpets, and some weird stuff of the floor/on the walls of the bathroom.

Hallways were dark, carpets unclean, dryer broken, and over all shabby with a bad odor. One poor young woman on staff had more than she could handle.

The clerk apologized, but didn't respond to my request to find me an acceptable room. She had no solutions for me, so I used their computer to book a wonderful room at the Hampton Inn two miles down the road.

I took photos to show her clerk, but she claimed they were "remodeling."

Why, oh why, didn't I check these reviews before booking this room?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests. We do apologize for any inconvenience during your stay with us. As our front desk clerk mentioned during your stay we were going through some renovations, and I am sorry that impacted your stay with us. Thank you again for your feedback though, and know that we will take action on any other issues that we can resolve in house!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The decoration is appalling, the room smelt of sick and we found a guitar pick under the sofa - so we concocted this story about the room previously being occupied by a low rent rock star who dined not wisely but too well. That said, the bed was comfortable, the shower worked and so did the air con.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests. We are glad that your stay was comfortable, and I'll be sure to mention to the house keepers to keep a look out for any more guitar picks under sofa's or beds! Thank you again for your response, and if you are ever in the area again, we hope that you will consider staying with us once more!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was a nice hotel, the room and bathroom was clean, the linen and floor carpet was clean. The passage was wide and had a nice carpet. WiFi was free and adequate. There is a refrigerator and mcirowave in the room along with a coffee maker.

There is hot breakfast with the usual stuff. Make your waffles, yougurt, juices, fruits, bread, and all the other stuff. The sausage egg sandwich and egg wrap were refrigerated and had to be microwaved.

The lobby is nice and large. There is a strip mall opposite with a Chinese Restaurant and grocery store.
OVerall this is a nice clean hotel with good breakfast and good value.
PS. I got this hotel using an online bid and so it was well worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that if you're ever in the area again that you will consider the Best Western Grand Venice! Thank you!

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Passing through on the way to DC. First thing was our smoke detector in the room kept chirping (like the battery was going dead). The manager "tried" to change it but broke it instead. He eventually called a maintenance man who told him how to remove it. He said there were no other available rooms, but I think he took another smoke detector from another room.

Next issue read the "hot" tub. It wasn't hot. When the above said manager was told about it, said "just turned the heat on, should take about 15 minutes to warm up". After about an hour, the water was warm enough to get in. We sat down but we thought we were sitting next to the garbage dumpster. It was then we realized it was the water that smelled. It literally smelled like a cesspool. There were no chemicals in the water, and our suits smelled even after we rinsed them out, and ourselves in the shower. It wasn't until we got to another hotel with chlorine in the water, did they stop smelling.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
venicegrand, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our customers. I'm truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Please note I will be sure to look into any issues with the hot tub and see that they are fixed immediately. Also we apologize for the inconvenience with the smoke alarm, but I am glad we were able to get that resolved for you. Thank you for having chosen the Best Western Grand Venice, we hope the next time your stay will be more enjoyable!