“Great stopover stay, good price”

Ramada Plaza Hagerstown
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Toronto, Canada
“Great stopover stay, good price”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel as a stopover on our drive to Myrtle Beach. Got a great deal through hotwire and we are very satisfied with our stay! They had adjoining rooms for our families although the hotel seemed pretty busy (they had a wedding reception when we were checking in). Since the rooms are pretty basic, I appreciated the fact that they had a microwave oven available for use (although they had it situated in the laundry room). The hotel may be a bit dated but it is well kept and we slept comfortably. The breakfast was pretty okay too and it was convenient to not have to drive to another place to find something to eat.

We used the indoor pool but did not swim for very long because there was a big group of people in the pool and our kids did not have any space to really move and enjoy themselves.

Aside from this, our stay was very pleasant and we definitely will consider staying again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for being our guest and for taking the time to write a review about your stay! We are very glad that your family had a restful night sleep on your way to Myrtle Beach and hope you will come back and stay with us again!

Please contact me anytime I can be of help. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Should you randomly find yourself in Hagerstown, the Ramada is a pleasant enough budget hotel option that still offers a number of amenities, such as an indoor swimming pool and a charming feathered fellow named Bob, the bird who lives in the lobby. It's on the older side and the lobby and guest rooms reflect that, but it seemed clean enough. While touring some Civil War battlefields and making our way to a wedding, we made a planned stop in Hagerstown one very stormy Thursday night. Pay close attention to the signs in order to loop around to gain access to the Ramada, as you could easily find yourself on a highway. There's a shopping center very close by and a number of suburban sprawl amenities, should those be of importance to you. Obviously this is a city that requires a car so despite these close places, I should still imagine you'd need a car to get around. The front desk had a rather disconcerting warning noting that those guests using debit cards to pay for their rooms could expect to see a double charge on their accounts and for it to take several days for this to clear and during that time, guests would not have access to those funds -- thankfully for us, this doesn't apply to those who book through third party travel sites like Expedia. I suppose guests should be grateful for the warning!

Having spent a very hot day touring Antietam, any pool would have been fine, so this indoor pool was perfectly acceptable. An abundance of towels were available poolside and things didn't seem too slippery, though I imagine this pool could seem small in a hurry if more people joined (as it was, we were only joined by a young boy and his grandfather who sat at a table and read to him. Since it was indoors, I suppose I shouldn't have expected lounge chairs, but I was disappointed at their absence all the same. We finished our quick dip before the oncoming thunder and lightning would force others to clean out.

The bedroom itself seemed clean enough, with enough space to spread out and a Queen bed. Again, decor and furnishings were a bit dated and the bedspread in particular was not my favorite item, but everything appeared clean and the thermostat was responsive to our settings. Our bathroom was also large and clean, though the water pressure was quite pitiful and I had to stand under the shower head for quite some time before I felt like I'd washed off all the chlorine from the pool. The view was nothing to remark upon, being of the highway. We went elsewhere for dinner, but dined in the hotel restaurant as part of the free breakfast, though I rather wish we had gone elsewhere. A large number of families stay at this hotel and this creates quite a bottleneck in the awkwardly laid-out buffet area. I waited for a while to try for a waffle but one father monopolized the makers and just kept making waffle after waffle for his endless supply of children, so I opted for eggs (cold), tea (just Lipton), and fruit (soggy). I ultimately left with a danish that I knew had to be some kind of improvement as it was likely purchased from the local supermarket. We had snickered at the elevator ads for the restaurant, which displayed washed out photos of overpriced meals, but it was hard to snicker in the morning after being subjected to it. Additionally, tables weren't really wiped down and thing were rather sticky.

Still, if you're looking for a budget option, this Ramada was perfectly fine for us, save for the restaurant. Other reviews now make me a bit concerned about the pool (I hadn't been the one to book it), but it seemed fine. I imagine families would find this a good deal -- just do the other guests a favor, though, and limit just how many waffles your brood consumes in the morning at the expense of waiting guests.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review about your stay at our hotel! It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us while touring the Antietam Battlefields. We appreciate your feedback about your experience and am sure that other travelers will as well. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of having you as our guest again in the future!

If I may be of assistance to you in your future travels I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Rochester
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

This hotel saw it's heyday in 1987. I booked it for an outstanding price and slept well (after many hours on the road)- but it just didn't feel clean. The next morning I went to the buffet breakfast and there was a wine glass- from previous night? On the buffet...I decided to get breakfast elsewhere.

The staff was very gracious and professional but I wouldnt stay here again. "warn" and "musty" feel and scent.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on our hotel. We are sorry we did not meet your expecations and I sincerely apologize for your experience. If you would extend us the opportunity to make it up to you and stay with us again I would be happy to secure reservations at a deeply reduced rate and upgrade you to one of our Mini Suites. We welcome the feedback and hope you will allow us a second chance.

I am here to help in any way I can. My phone number is 301-797-2500 x122.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This hotel is amazing!!! From check in to check out, it is perfection! I stayed here on July 4th, and again on July 10th. This was a halfway point for my trip, so I was looking for a clean affordable hotel. I found it! The hotel staff are excellent, and the rooms are clean and spacious. The restaurant downstairs makes fantastic food, and the continental breakfast had many choices! The pool is clean as is the fitness room. I will definetely stay in this hotel again!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments about our hotel, restaurant and staff! We try very hard to make every guests experience memorable and enjoyable. We look forward to hopefully having you as our guest again in the future!

Please contact me anytime I can be of help with your travels. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Kiawah Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Our room (604) was as clean and well decorated as any Hampton Inn room I've ever stayed in; and on two occasions this month we paid less than $100 a night! Hotel was busy both evenings, but the service was solid, the room clean and very well kept and just as important, very quiet. Included breakfast was on the high end of what you would expect at a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. Best "value" hotel I've come across in years.

Room Tip: Room 604 and above had an executive label attached. We stayed in 604 both nights so I don't kno...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments about our hotel! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope you will come stay with us again when in the area. Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance to you. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This hotel was at least $40 less than any of the other chain hotels within view, but was just as nice! The pool was awesome, we had it all to ourselves! No hot tub, though, it's been covered over! Also, don't recommend the adjoining restaurant as it's overpriced but plenty of other options, some even in walking distance. We would definitely stay at this hotel again if in the area! Also, loved the friendly parakeet! The fish weren't quite as friendly but still nice to look at!

Room Tip: Really didn't see any bad areas, all are far enough away from the highway to avoid any noise.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel! We are very proud of our hotel and are so glad you had such a nice experience. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future. Please contact me anytime I can be of assistance to you. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

MI
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This is a fairly decent looking and clean hotel. However, the first night we were there the pool was closed because "of a worm problem". I am not sure what that meant but it was a bit concerning to say the least. Then the next day the pool was closed because somebody loosened the cap at the bottom of the pool and it was shooting up like a geyser. The maids were fighting in the hallway and one actually walked out on the job. I left a brand new pair of sandals there which was not turned in by the maid. I checked my credit card statement and saw that the lounge had charged me four different times, the exact same amount for the exact day. When I called, I was told that it was an "error" and that the girl that rang me up was new and she was giving me my 15% discount for being a guest at the hotel?? This made no sense to me, but she assured me that out of the 4 pending charges for $54.75, only one would actually post. This is not assuring as this could have caused me to go over my credit limit as I don't use cards with high available balances when I travel just in case of fraud. She said to wait 3-5 business days. Which of course I have no option but to do so. I got a great rate for booking and paying early, but I would rather pay a little more and have a better stay. This is not the first time we have stayed here. We chose it for the location. Each time we stayed here, the pool has been closed for some reason or another. It also no longer has a hot tub. If you are not interested in swimming or using a hot tub, this hotel is fine. Just do not use a credit card for the lounge.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems that you experienced with our pool and with your bill in the lounge. I understand our Hotel Manager has contacted you to discuss your concerns and hope things have been resolved to your satisfaction. If I can be of any further help to you please contact me anytime at 301-797-2500 x122.

Again, I am very sorry we did meet or exceed your expectations, but I hope you will give us another try to prove ourselves in the future.