“Very Friendly Staff”
Review of Garden Plaza Hotel

Garden Plaza Hotel
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed 22 June 2013

our recent stay at this hotel for a convention was quite enjoyable. The staff was so over-the-top in accommodating our needs that I had to write a review. We did not eat at the hotel so I cannot rate their restaurants. I would def stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 June 2013

As far as this type of hotel goes several things were well above average and expectation, Received a lot of help and great service from Karen. Rooms clean, well appointed, pool rather over chlorinated the smell of which permeated everything. Someone needs to learn to make coffee, the breakfast and all day comp coffee was so weak it was really just colored water.
Everything else though good, and in a good state of repair

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Parking lot had some parts that were lit up but some parts were dark and could use the lighting. Check In, we had to wait until we were acknowledged. If you had prepaid, they didn't care for you, as they already had their money. Room could have been cleaner. The door in our hotel had a huge gap around the frame, especially at the bottom and on the side, at least one inch. The floors had not been vacuumed very well, as the dirt was thick within the crevices. The bathroom tub was heavily stained black and mildewed. The bathroom set up was very cramped. When the door opens, it's right at the toilet. Barely slept in the bed as the sheets were itchy and smelled. The A/C was a window unit that blew out smelly air. Definitely not a noise proof hotel. Breakfast wasn't bad, but played it safe by eating cereal and fruit. Do yourself a favor and sleep/stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to stay here for a little getaway. We had planned on going to dinner, shopping and possible out for a few drinks, so we didnt want to drive all the way home. When we arrived to check in, the front desk attendent was very rude. It had seemed like we were interrupting her for some reason. She handed me our key cards and sent us on our way. The hotel is fairly large, so I had no idea where I was headed. Had to ask, on several separate occasions, where and when things were located (including our room). After some exploring, we found that there is a bar/resaurant and a night club attached to the hotel itself. This would have been good to know upon check in. However, we did have a wonderful time in both. We didn't even have to leave the hotel in order to enjoy an evening out! There is also a very large pool in the very center of the hotel. Our room was poolside so all we had to do was go through the sliding glass door in our room. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfy! All in all, we had a wonderful time and were very happy with our stay. At checkout, the manager was very friendly and apologetic about the rude employee the night before and assured me she would address the issue. Needless to say, we will defiitely be back for another stay.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are the way to go!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here so that we could have a child free night. The location is excellent if you want to go to the bars that are next door. Everything is connected so we had dinner and then enjoyed a fun night of people watching at the bar next door, Cancun Catina West. The hotel front desk was very nice to deal with. The rooms were clean and spacious. The pool area looked great and would be nice to take kids to enjoy. They offered breakfast in the morning but we did not get a chance to use our tickets. My only compliant was the curtains were not blackout so there was quite a bit of light coming through in the morning. Overall a great overnight stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed just one night but found the property to be neat and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful with regard to coming in with no advance reservation. The breakfast in the morning was more than adequate with hot options. Would stay there again if opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank HayesP_13
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed here as a suggestion by my sister before our flight to Miami. Super impressed. Friendly service, good restaurant/bar, indoor pool with a sliding door right from your room, and all for $89 a night!!! I've paid this much for dumps before. Other Hotels needs to wake up and look around because I'll be booking Clarion from now on if I have the option. I've reviewed hotels before and some reviews were good and some not so much but I'm giving this chain another shot for shore. Only have 1 complaint. If there is a lot of noise in the pool area, the echo will not be stopped by the sliding glass door to the pool area. They really need noise dampening to elevate this problem.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Hagerstown hotels
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hagerstown, MD
Hampton Inn Hagerstown
Hampton Inn Hagerstown
#1 of 21 in Hagerstown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown

Been to Garden Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Garden Plaza Hotel

Address: 901 Dual Hwy, Hagerstown, MD 21740-5950 (Formerly Clarion Hotel and Conference Center Hagerstown)
Region: United States > Maryland > Hagerstown
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Price Range: £43 - £61 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Garden Plaza Hotel 2.5*
Recently renovated property. Located on the edge of downtown historic Hagerstown, MD. Off I-70. Minutes from I-81 Complimentary Deluxe Continental breakfast. Pool Bar. Landscaped gardens with rare water features. Beautiful new meeting rooms. Executive Business Suite and Board Room. Many choices available for meetings of all sizes and types. Full food and Beverage service. Perfect for Weddings, Receptions, Reunions, Business Meetings or just relaxing with the family and swimming in our heated indoor pool. Private Parking. Beautiful tropical atrium with heated indoor pool. Free Internet. Business Center. Want comfort and Luxury -as well as friendly and hospitable service - then come stay with us. New ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Garden Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Hotel Hagerstown