“Don't stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Ottawa, Canada
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

The man at the front desk was so rude I was just going to leave. I had a coupon wanted to stay two nights. Said I would pay regular price for the second night he said I couldn't I would have to go find another coupon and give it to him the next morning by 11:00. Good thing I didn't. Room smelled real bad, the air conditioner didn't work very well. There were all these homeless people hanging around the motel asking for money. The breakfast was okay, but the room was filthy and some of the appliances were not working correctly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HagerstownSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
I'm sorry you did not have a good stay with us. Typically coupons are valid for one night only so I will speak with our staff to make sure that there is clarity for how coupons are used. We will also address some of these issues you mentioned with our housekeeping staff. We did have to ask a guest to leave as they stayed with us for several nights and we did find out that they were asking people for money so they had to leave. I'm sorry as this was out of our control but we did our best to rectify the situation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Zanesville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This property was scary. The front entrance was difficult to find as it was so poorly lit. There were vagrants in the parking lot and sitting behind the building. One stood and stared at us as we got our bags out of the van. The front desk was at least 4 feet high. Did the clerk feel that vulnerable? And the room smelled soooo bad. Bad choice. There was hair in the tub. Spend a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I'm sorry but I don't understand what is "scary" about our hotel. We have bright halogen lights covering the entire parking lot throughout the night. We do not allow anyone who is not a guest to sit on our property but we can't really stop a paying guest from walking in our parking lot just because someone doesn't like how they look. We will address the housekeeping issues you mentioned.

Travellers are raving about these Hagerstown hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

initially i was happy with the hotel. it appeared clean and management seemed to have good customer service. the room and bathroom were clean as well. I was there for 4 nights and maybe that is too long for this location. After the first night my room key wouldnt work so it was upstairs and then downstairs again after a long day work outdoors in the hot weather. I know this happens in alot of hotels but then there was the disturbance of a fire alarm at 11 pm. Again, not their fault but still not a restful night.. On the last day at the hotel, I asked for my room to be cleaned early by putting the card on the door. They never cleaned my room and the explanation was that the maids dont understand english. Either dont put the signs in the room or have them know which side is for cleaning rooms or do not disturb. What really makes me rewrite my review is that I left apparel in the room. I called the same evening after I checked out of the hotel and was told to call back in the morning. When I called back they told me nothing was found in the room. So they either threw out my pjs or they took them for themselves.. either way.. I would never go back now to this location as they have lost my trust. I am in hotels often, most weekends and its important to me to be able to trust the places I stay in for left behind items or housekeeping.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HagerstownSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I'm so sorry that your stay didn't end as well as it began. We want to apologize for any inconveniences, however a few things you mentioned were beyond our control. Room keycards are magnetic and are easily cleared if they are put in the same pocket as a cellphone. The fire alarm was caused by the unsupervised child of a guest. We are actually changing the door hangers because most people know they are for Do Not Disturb and the current ones are a bit confusing. Regarding your undergarments, people tend to leave stuff like that behind and it is trash, so your stuff was discarded when the housekeepers cleaned the room. I'm sorry that you left your clothing behind but we do try to hold anything that appears to have value in case a guest may call back for it, as others have written about in these reviews. We hope that you'll give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future. Thanks and have a great day.
Hagerstown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good location for us. Decent service. I was also disappointed when the staff said I couldn't put it under my husband's name for the Wyndham Rewards.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

HagerstownSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. You actually had a discounted group rate which was not Wyndham points-eligible. We hope that you will come and stay with us again the next time you're in the area. Thanks and have a great day!