“Decent place”

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Newark, Delaware, United States
“Decent place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I wanted to take a last minute trip and chose this hotel for the price. Very inexpensive so we were able to stay two nights instead of just one. The rooms were very clean (we asked for a non-smoking/non-pet room). The A/C was quiet and worked well. I was happy to see a mini-fridge and microwave in the room. My only gripe was my bed was very hard but not intolerable. The elevator, however, was disgusting. No ventilation and every smoker who had just come in from the outside stunk it up so bad it was hard to breathe in there!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. Request a non-pet room if that sort of smell bothers you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Hagerstown, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thanks so much for reviewing your stay with us. I wanted to let you know that we are actually replacing the air freshener in the elevator. We try hard to make sure our guests feel comfortable in every room and common area in the hotel. We look forward to providing for an even better stay the next time you're passing through. Thanks again and have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wheeling, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Not a terrible hotel, but I'm not going to gush effusively about it either. Our GPS hasn't been updated for a few years and it was really difficult to actually find the property. We arrived late and booked at the desk. My only real complaints were that there was no channel guide so I had no clue what channel was what on the television and our room was right next to a heavily traveled road so the noise traffic was noticeable in the morning. We only paid $60 for the room with taxes, etc. so I can't complain too much about it. If you're traveling on the cheap, book. If you can afford a better room, do it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Hagerstown, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I'm sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as enjoyable it should have been. Please note that our front desk staff are trained in giving directions and would be able to easily give you directions to our hotel. We are right on the Dual Highway between Interstates 81 and 70 and you can just GPS to 1101 Dual Highway in Hagerstown, MD. We will definitely have our housekeepers replace the channel guide in the room. Light sleepers may wish to request a room farther from the Dual Highway. Thanks for your review and have a great day!
St. Catharines, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Other than having to make a u-turn to access the hotel, and several u-turns to access restaurants or get back to your hotel the location is OK. You'll see what I mean. Pick up beer, pop etc on your way in 'cause you don't want to go out for it later. Order food in. 12$ surcharge per dog as usual at Days Inn. I think putting all smokers on a middle floor like the 3rd, then putting senior non-smokers above them on the 4th floor is a poor plan and made my parents stay crappy. Pet friendly rooms on first floor are convenient. First room I got, after unpacking went to jump in the shower and voila! Water is plentiful but when I pulled the knob thingy to make the shower work.....nothing....so...we had to change rooms. A hassle for sure after unpacking etc. Never happened to us before but I will always check as soon as we arrive anywhere in the future. The rooms are clean but as always it seems, the bathrooms show their age. Clean but rust stained etc, and broken showers it would seem. Smelling cigarette smoke as a non-smoker ruins a stay. Put them on the top floor only or just make it a non-smoking facility. We won't be staying here again until the smoking is gone. In fact, Red Roof Inn doesn't charge for pets so we'll probably switch hotel chains.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Hagerstown, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I'm sorry that you and your parents were somewhat disappointed with their stay. U-turns are very common on the Dual Highway to access many of the available stores and restaurants. I wanted to let you know that the 3rd floor has always been the smoking floor but that it is extremely rare to ever have guests from other floors have any issues with smelling cigarette smoke from those rooms. For obvious reasons, you cannot turn a smoking room into a nonsmoking room. I'm very sorry that your shower had an issue but I'm glad we were able to fix it quickly for you. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!