“Nice down-home place to bring the family for a meal.”
Review of Dean's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dean's Restaurant
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This place is basically two places in one - a bar and deck (which I never go to), and the family restaurant out front, which I just visited with the wife and kids. The pluses - Food is really very good. Corn fritters instead of dinner rolls are yummy. The server was extremely friendly and quick.

Menu is really big - too big, in my opinion. The specials again are a whole page. The biggest negative has to be the prices. Average dinner entree is $15 or so. Sandwiches are $8 to $12. Considering the atmosphere and feel of the place, this is too high to me. The BLT is $8 - really?

Wifey got the cream of crab - delicious. And the salad bar - really basic, but very fresh all the same. Daughter got their staple dish - the broasted chicken - very good. Son got the chicken strips, fries off the kid selections - only 4 choices, $8 as well. I picked the boom-boom shrimp which was so good I am still thinking about it today.

Bottom line - the bill was $55 for four, including $20% tip. I have paid more and received less, but though the food is above average, the higher prices keep me from coming more often.