“Nice option on the bike path”

Weaver's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Hancock
Cuisines: American, Diner
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice option on the bike path”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Six of us biked the Western MD trail this week and stopped in at Weaver's mid-way for lunch. How nice it is to have an oasis out in rural MD. This country-style restaurant appears to have been renovated recently - it is very clean and nicely done. You will find comfort food favorites galore. We tried the mini-éclair and the pumpkin loaves for desert - very well done. Our friends seemed to enjoy their open-faced sandwiches, baked potatoes, etc. The service was above average. Would recommend and return.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LinLan8

Nebo, Illinois
“Old Standard in Hancock”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

An old standard in Hancock, Maryland. Weaver’s is that classic family restaurant where good food and friends gather. Open weekends for lunch and dinner. Weekends they serve breakfast. Check out the baked goods when you stop by.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank SlingshotGA
Ashburn, Va
“Fresh Daily Baking”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Our group buys Weaver's sticky buns and cinnamon rolls each trip to supplement the hotel breakfast, and the sticky buns are a group favorite. Made fresh daily, we had the opportunity to get some of the freshest this trip, as they were sold out the night we went in to buy, and we pre-purchased some for pick-up the next morning. Ready just at opening, they were still warm, and great.

The pies are delicious, and our favorite is the caramel apple pie with nuts. We know from visiting other places in town, that similar pies can be purchased at several of the local restaurants and sales places, so here you have options. If you don't see what you want at Weavers, you can look elsewhere, but to start at Weavers is a great default.

• Visited October 2013
Hookstown
“Good home comfort on the trail”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I bicycle Pittsburgh to D.C. each summer and this I one of my favorite stops. After riding all day I am always satisfied here.
Good food Good service at a fair price.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gregory K
Alexandria, Virginia
“You Simply Cannot Go Wrong”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

From the homemade soup, bread and pies, this restaurant has got it down. I first ate there nearly twenty years ago and it is still one of the best lunch spots ever. I invariably order the soup of the day, often chicken or turkey noodle, the hot ham and cheese sandwich (a sandwich large enough for two to share - and you'd better if you want/need to leave room for PIE) and PIE. The wait staff is attentive, efficient and as nice as could be and the prices are very reasonable. One of the few places I've eaten where I wish I was a lot bigger person so I could eat more!

• Visited November 2012