“Breakfast Bar -- Too hot to handle!”
Review of Live! Lofts

Live! Lofts
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Union, NJ
“Breakfast Bar -- Too hot to handle!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 1 night at the beginning of Sept 2013. Property entrance (driveway) angle is quite tight, so we had to circle the block once and tried again. Parking was plentiful when we arrived, but next day there was barely a vacant spot in the lot! Check in was quick and easy, and room was tastefully decorated and comfortable. The bed firmness adjustment was not easy to find (it's buried on the side of the mattress under the sheet). I did not find it to be of any value. We prepaid for our breakfast in our room rate, so the next morning we just presented our vouchers at the breakfast bar area. There was a plentiful selection to choose from. The hot food area was set up "cafeteria style" so you had to order what you wanted from the person behind the counter. There was also some "self serve" items in this area. When I went to open the lids of the chafing dishes, a rush of steam escaped causing a burn to my right thumb. I brought the matter to the attention of hotel management. I would hope by now that they have made significant improvements to this area as it is a public safety matter. Also, I would hope that they also addressed the training of their staff on the basics of first aid.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Waitman V, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Katbunz,
I greatly appreciate forwarding your experience to our leadership team. As part of our lobby renovation on October 1, 2013 we launched a new process with our breakfast team that added additional servers and chefs to provide more of a “sit down” dining experience friendly for both business travelers and our leisure guests. Although I understand from your E-mail there were operations challenges I assure you there have been several changes within our F&B department to ensure a positive restaurant experience.
The next time your travels bring you to the Arundel Mills area please reach out to me directly. Kind Regards, Waitman V.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Evans, Georgia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The hotel is great. I always stay here when near Arundel Mills. The staff is always friendly and helpful, but I can only give the stay this time a "3." I reserved a non-smoking room and got stuck with a really nasty smelling smoking room. We were unable to be moved, didn't ask if I could be moved to a Hilton Garden Inn room since they are in the same building, and they didn't offer...It's possible they were booked solid in both hotels. Regardless, I prefer Homewood for the rooms, amenities and overall friendliness of the staff.

That being said, I can't believe that the hotel still allows smoking in the hotel. People smoking inside is just nasty. The room reeked and no amount of air-freshener was going get it out.

That being said. Unbelievably and shockingly, the BEST grits I've ever eaten were served at the breakfast bar...Color me shocked. Anyway, I'll be back, and we'll assume this was a blip on their normal great service.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a non-smoking room if smelling like a cigarette is not what you want.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion with your reservation. While we greatly appreciate your kind words about our friendly staff it’s always disappointing when one of our guests feel let down during their stay. I am familiar with the night in reference and after speaking with our Director of Operations found that both hotels were fully committed resulting in the room location. Our ultimate goal as we continue to work with Hilton is to be 100% smoke free.
Ocean,NJ, United States
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My friends and I went down to MD for the Virgin Music Free Fest and had a great time. This hotel was a short cab ride, and was perfect for our trip.Will 100% be booking the hotel again for the festival next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello, I’m glad you had a great time at the Virgin Music Fest and look forward to your return next year. If I could be of additional assistance with reservations please feel free to contact me directly. Waitman V.
richardson, United States
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Good hotel around good shopping and things to do. Some hotels have parking for Diamond members, but this hotel does not. The room was clean and good, the food was ok, but not great. The room was clean and location was good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our clean rooms and location. I have forwarded your concerns regarding food quality to our Executive Chef. At your earliest convenience please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel so I can gain a better understanding on what we can do to improve. It’s feedback from our guests that allow us to improve!
Kind Regards,

Waitman V
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Overnighted for a business conference at this hotel and had a pleasant stay. I fell in love with the adjustable bed, which I found out is called the "Garden Sleep System." They need to advertise that feature more. The service for the conference was great. The dinner at the in-house restaurant was also good (the crispy salmon). Oh, and there is a hot tub by the pool...yay! The hotel is also very close to Anne Arundel Mall.

1 Thank Evadney K
Waitman V, General Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback about our Garden Sleep System and crispy salmon special prepared by our Chef. The next time your travels bring you to the area please make sure you try our fall menu in our newly renovated lobby.
Atlantic Highlands
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We got the "Bed & Breakfast" deal with the complementary "cooked-to-order breakfast". Walking into the table area on one side of the lobby, we noticed the traditional breakfast serve-yourself area with coffee urns, juice carafes, toaster, pastry/bread/Danish rack, stacks of coffee cups, glasses, etc., and a counter with an opening into the kitchen. A menu poster up on the wall listing hot foods (omelet ingredients, meats, etc.). A cook appeared in the window and as we prepared to order, he told us to be seated and a server would take our order. Well we picked our own table and set for at least 5 minutes before one of only two servers acknowledged us, and told us to get our own coffee and juice! Well another 5 minutes goes by before she visits our table to take our order (we had to ask for a menu). In the mean time, we went back up and got ourselves toast and fruit. About 10 minutes later our food arrives, but my omelet was not as ordered. Another 10 minutes to get it right. The server told us this program had only been in place for a week or two, as was her employment. We told her the concept was very confusing for guests. They need a waiting area, a host to seat you and explain the concept, and more servers so you don't have to get anything on your own from the buffet area. And maybe rope off the buffet area to reinforce the concept. Other than this snafu, the place was great!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the feedback regarding breakfast at The Great American Grill. I spoke with our Director of Food & Beverage regarding this weekend’s breakfast experience and was assured the restaurant attendants have been retrained to the new standard rolled out last week. Although I understand this was frustrating I greatly appreciate your patience and understanding and hope you allow us the opportunity to serve you in our restaurant again.
Greeley, United States
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Good place to stay on business. Close to the airport and not far from the downtown area which has some excellent places to eat. Hotel staff was friendly during check-in and out. No issues with the hotel at all.

1 Thank Fred Henry III S
We are glad you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to providing you with the same friendly service upon your return to the area. Waitman V.