“Room Great, Hot Tub Filthy”
Review of Live! Lofts

Live! Lofts
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Accokeek, United States
“Room Great, Hot Tub Filthy”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The room was very clean. The staff at the front desk were very knowledgeable and friendly. The restaurant staff were pleasant and attentive. Unfortunately the hot tub was filthy and the life guard wasn't paying attention to the little boy that kept running and jumping into the pool.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Andrea D, Front Office Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Curtis G., thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am glad that our front desk and breakfast staff were attentive to your needs. I have forwarded your comments regarding the hot tub’s cleanliness to our Director of Housekeeping. I hope the next time your travels bring you back to the area you will choose to stay with us again! Best, Andrea.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Binghamton, New York, USA
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom suite. The room itself was very spacious and allowed us to have some privacy. However, the hotel itself seems to be a bit mismanaged. if one of these things happened, I wouldn't probably even notice, but they all add up eventually: The free coffee and hot water in the lobby, was never hot; the lifeguard at the micro-sized pool never looked up once from his phone - and the pool was crowded with kids; the pantry they advertise to sell you supplies for your room had 3 bottles of orange soda - I asked if they had a vending machine or would restock it soon - and the front desk said no to both!
The breakfast the next morning had very good food, however, it was very disorganized - no one quite understood if it was a help yourself continental breakfast, sit down and order (which it was), very chaotic! That said, it wasn't horrible, the location is good - just minutes from medieval times - but.....there's plenty of other options to try in the area - and that is what we plan on doing next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
TripAdvisor Guest, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I can assure you that an experience such as yours is not typical and does not go without being addressed. I would love to welcome you back as one of our guests in the future so please feel free to contact me directly. Best, Andrea.
Germany
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel gets better every time I stay here. In the pas six mons they have done some remodeling to include a. Facelift in the lobby and some of the bathrooms as well to convert from bathtubs into standing showers. I like the upgrade. The rooms are clean and comfy with Keurig brewers as well, although the free k-cups are not the greatest.

The restaurant is great! Although the menu got smaller again, ask about the chefs special, my stay was a sweet & sour chicken with rice and fresh veggies. It was amazing and the chef does a great job! Also, Ro, the bartender was great and entertaining. It made spending the night in the hotel so much fun and relaxing. Also, this hotel now does a happy hour every night with food and drink specials. This was a great surprise upon check-in!

The staff and location will always keep me coming back to this hotel! They do an amazing job and you cannot beat the service here. A Must stay in BWI.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TripAdvisor Guest, thank you for comments regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your continued loyalty and your genuine words about our staff and overall accommodations. It is our goal to ensure that each of our guests has a memorable experience every time they choose to stay with us and I am happy to know that you do. I am also glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our recent happy hour specials at the Garden Grille! I look forward to when we can welcome you back to the hotel. Kind regards, Andrea.
Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Homewood Suites in Hanover has provided me a friendly, comfortable place to relax at the end of my day. I've frequently stayed at this hotel since it opened a few years ago. There are several options for hotels in the area, and I have stayed at a couple of others. The staff and amenities at Homewood are by far, the best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Andrea D, Front Office Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Kevin M., I am truly glad that we are always able to make you feel comfortable and welcome upon your return to our hotel. Our team works hard to ensure that our guests feel as if they are right at home. Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to another opportunity to provide you with a great experience yet again! Safe travels, Andrea.
Ocean City, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Firstly, when I checked in, I waited for 5 minutes for someone to come to the front desk; the desk area was vacant and dark. The woman that came to check me in was not very welcoming or friendly. Before I really even had an opportunity to speak, I was curtly told about the hotel's "No Party" policy and was told I had to sign a waiver. I was a bit taken back, as I am in my late 30s on a trip with husband and son and brother and his family. I had a 2 bedroom suite during this stay on the main floor. One of the two bedrooms' queen beds were against the wall that the elevator ran. It was incredibly loud and gave a slight shake to the wall. Needless to say, the elevator ran all night long and neither of us staying in this room were able to get any sleep. When I asked to get a later checkout because we were exhausted I was told they were unable to accommodate me. While the accommodations were not horrible, per say, as the hotel was clean and had what we needed, I stay at Homewood Suites because of the good experiences I have had in the past; this by far was certainly not one of those. I will not be staying at this hotel in the future, nor will I be recommending it.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Ms. Laura B., I would like to start off by apologizing for the experience that you had upon check-in at our hotel. It is extremely important to us that each of our guests has an exceptional experience and I can assure you that an experience such as yours is not typical. I will be sure to address this issue to prevent it from occurring in the near future. The next time your travels bring you back to the area, I would love for you to be my guest so I may provide with the service that is standard of the Homewood Suites. If I can assist you with anything further, please feel free to contact me. Best regards, Andrea.
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We recently went on a 7 night road trip to the Baltimore area. We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and were pleasantly surprised. This is only the 2nd Homewood Suites and I have in and really enjoyed the hotel.

First impression of the room upon arrival was great. It had everything we needed. The breakfast each morning was excellent, the breakfast attendants were extremely helpful and friendly. We made it back in time for dinner one night and it was pretty good. They had beer and wine available which was a nice way to relax after a long day out and about.

The shower was really nice..

Location was great, we dropped someone off at the airport on our way to the hotel and it was convenient to get in and out of BWI. Hotel is only 30 minutes from Annapolis and Washington D.C. is about an hour away. Shuttle service is available to the train and airport. Would definitely stay again is traveling to the area. I recommend the hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Hanover/ Arundel mills area of Maryland.

The only downside to the hotel was that the hours of the pool were very limited. We were unable to take advantage of the pool during our 4 night stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TripAdvisor Guest, thank you for such detailed feedback about your recent stay! I appreciate the fact that you were able to provide me with specific instances in which choosing our hotel worked out to your advantage. I do hope that next time you are back in the area and choose to stay with us again, you will be able to utilize our pool for an extended period of time. Safe travels, Andrea.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I hate saying this, but it was certainly not my favorite place in the Arundel Mills area. It's definitely older than the other options and had a strong smell of smoke in the rooms (or at least mine), but the rooms were comfortable, the dishes new, and the appliances worked. I did not find anything particularly special about the hotel, although the staff was stellar, but otherwise it was just a convenient, quiet, and comfortable option for still being close to the Arundel Mills shopping areas. Having stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn for the same price (which had just been freshly renovated), I still think it is beaten by the other options.

Room Tip: In general, the rooms in this hotel are quieter than most other options in the area.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TripAdvisor Guest, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. With respect to the smoke smell in your room, our hotel has officially gone non-smoking as of November 2013 and we are working diligently to ensure that the policy is enforced so as not to inconvenience any guests such as yourself. I appreciate your kind words about our staff—I am glad that they were able to accommodate you. I do hope that when your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area, we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again! Kind regards, Andrea.