“Perfect place for overnight stay”
Review of Live! Lofts

Live! Lofts
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
“Perfect place for overnight stay”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We landed in BWI after a long overseas flight. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The gentleman that drove us for the airport to the hotel was very nice and welcoming as was the front desk checking woman. Room service was good and the staff member very professional upon room delivery. The bed was comfortable, in room coffee machine, and a gym were all used during the stay. The only thing I did not like was the expensive breakfast. We were govt rate and $22 per person before we got back on another flight was just too much for us. Other than that, I would stay here again if we were in BWI. The lobby was inviting, the area safe and the rooms very spacious.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kkapri23
Nicole C, Assistant Front Office Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
TripAdvisor Guest,
I appreciate your feedback! I am so happy to hear that our staff—from the front desk agent to our shuttle driver—was able to make you feel comfortable. I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of our Garden Sleep System bed, 24-hour fitness center, and room service. We do offer breakfast packages when making reservations so I do hope that next time you can enjoy a slightly less expensive alternative to breakfast in the mornings so as to ensure that you are 100% satisfied.
Kind regards, Nicole.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed 16 June 2014

What are the Odds that someone checks in the same hotel you check in with the same name and government ID that you have and they are given your room and Hilton Honors Benefits on your account? Hmmm NONE for i checked the Government data base and i am the only Michael D. in the system. The front desk didnt even check the credit card on record to comfirm it was me or not but just checked that person in and they used cash. Turns out the person with my name was suppose to check into the hotel hooked to the back of this one which really has a MUCH HIGHER price per room but that Michael didnt realize that either when they checked in? Hmmmmm

My wife and i were up most of the night wondering and waiting for the front desk to contact us concerning this and if we should have called the police or not since charges were going on my credit during the stay but the charges where odd charges the hotel posts during the stay we were told.

NEXT TIME the Hilton Garden should check ALL THE ID's and CREDIT Card that are on record to avoid this scam in the furture and remember people do scan hotel parking lots for information to steal.

NOW we dont earn points or credit for the stay since the manager was nice enough to give us the night free for all the aggravation that we went though and mistake they made for not checking credit card or ID enough.

KUDOS though for the nice driver that picked us up at the hotel to take us to the mall very friendly and fun to drive with but never got his name.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicole C, Assistant Front Office Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Michael D., thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience. We have been made aware of the issues you have experienced and have already taken the necessary steps to address them personally with you. We have also already communicated with our front desk staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. If you need anything else or have any questions, please feel free to contact either myself or Andrea directly. Safe travels, Nicole.
Springfield
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Zach and Phil at the front desk were wonderful as were the entire staff. My stay was not only enjoyable but the things available were outstanding! My friends and I will definitely be using this hotel again and I know I will be using it on my own with family as well!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Nicole C, Assistant Front Office Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Barbara M., thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate your kind words about Zach and Phil as well as our entire staff! I am happy to here that they took care of you. I will make sure to pass your comments along to them. I am so glad that you and your friends enjoyed yourselves and we look forward to welcoming you back home! Best, Nicole.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My five star rating is for excellent service, and great value for the price. This brand new hotel offered free shuttle to and from the airport, clean and comfortable rooms (and they easily and pleasantly changed my room when I requested a bathtub) with very comfortable beds, good sound insulation, nice, strong air conditioning, and pristine bathrooms with good water pressure. I slept very well. The rooms are good size with plenty of plugs for your electronics. There's a nice fitness center as well.

Their bright, airy restaurant area with adjacent breakfast buffet and bar was welcoming. Views are green and pleasant, there is a casino and mall nearby and free shuttles to those. I attended a conference there and the large room which accommodated our group was excellent, as was the AV support and the two buffet meals they provided were A+. Delectable choices including small quiches, chicken satay skewers, tiny sandwiches on fresh brioche rolls, fresh fruits, lox and cream cheese, chocolate dipped strawberries, and much more. Even the coffee is good. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel as a great conference venue, and business accommodation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nicole C, Assistant Front Office Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
TripAdvisor Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback with respect to your most recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you were comfortable and that you were able to enjoy your conference along with the meals that were made for you and your colleagues. I genuinely appreciate your recommendation and look forward to a time when we may welcome you back to our hotel! Safe travels, Nicole.
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel was very nice and offered shuttle to nearby attractions and dining. Staff was polite and helpful and rooms were quite and offered soft and comfortable beds. Very clean and smelled nice. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: About 10 minutes from large BWI and BW Medical Hospital.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Nicole C, Assistant Front Office Manager at Live! Lofts, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Lisa Y., thank you for your feedback with regards to your most recent stay. I am delighted to hear that our staff was able to take care of you and that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service. I appreciate your kind words and look forward to your return! Safe travels, Nicole.
Grovetown, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was extremely disappointed with this hotel! I travel for business and use Hilton Hotels almost always and generally like Homewood Suites. What disappointed me with this hotel - the building design – a combination of two hotels in one the building Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites shared the same building (very confusing to the guest). Hilton Garden Inn was in the front of the building and Homewood in the rear, Hilton Garden had very nice “covered” entryway, pool, patio with seating (I’m a smoker). On the rear of the building was Homewood Suites which appears to be a rear entrance for Hilton Garden, No covered entryway (raining when we arrived). Later after several times trying to figure out the elevators (Homewood has certain floors and Hilton Garden has the other floors, try to get to the pool was difficult, we felt like this amenity was not for the Homewood Suites guests (our Key cards would not open the door to the pool). All in all this entire hotel was extremely disappointing!!! The Hotel gave all of us the feeling that all the Homewood Suite guest were borrowing the Hilton Gardens amenities and stuck in the rear of the building and had to hunt or ask for everything!!! Not sure came up with this idea assuming it was to save money and combined two hotels in one. I would have never expected this from a Hilton Brand Hotel !!! I paid the same money as the Hilton Garden guess but feel cheated!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

TripAdvisor Guest, thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I would like to start off by saying that we are very sorry that you felt that some of our amenities were not for Homewood Suites guests. Although we are quite complex in the fact that we share space with the Hilton Garden Inn, there are a few advantages to staying with us in this particular type of building setup. We actually have a larger pool and fitness center than other Homewood Suites and our guests are able to have access to the bar and restaurant located in the Hilton Garden Inn lobby. Our guests are also able to order room service from the restaurant between 5pm and 10pm on a daily basis. I can say that we will work harder to ensure that all of our guests feel comfortable using all of the services and facilities that we have to offer. Thank you again for your feedback. Safe travels, Nicole.
Odenton, MD, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel was okay. The staff was nice and helpful. When we checked in, the dishwasher was beeping -- one of annoying intermittent beeps. Also, the bedding just seemed old and tattered. The spare linens we found in the closet were soiled. The rest of the place was clean, but I never quite got rid of the dirty feeling from those sheets.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Kathryn A
Kathryn A, thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to provide our guests with a pleasant, memorable experience each time they visit our hotel and I am sorry to hear that the dishwasher was a disturbance and that the bed linens in the closet were not satisfactory upon your arrival. I do appreciate your comments about our staff and I would love to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future so we may provide you with a more typical Homewood Suites experience. Safe travels, Nicole.