“Love this Hotel!”

Aloft Arundel Mills
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This is a great hotel if you have pets. Rooms are great, staff is excellent, great area to walk your dogs with a Pet Smart within walking distance. A parking garage for waking on a rainy day. This is a modern cool hotel even if you don't have pets!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Aloft Arundel Mills, the new tWist in Travel! We appreciate your enthusiasm and your review about our property. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Baltimore/Hanover area!

Live, Life, Aloft!

Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stayed here only one night and really wished I had stayed more! It doesn't feel like any hotel I've ever stayed at. The design is incredible, everything is super clean and they have Bliss spa products in the room! Everything is sleek and modern from the headboards to the bathroom sink, and the stone floor shower (no bath, which is fine by me!) was great. The service at the desk was so friendly. When I arrived they had a karaoke party going full swing, which I did hear a lot of of from my 2nd floor room but it ended at a reasonable hour and my room rate was definitely appropriately priced for being right above the lobby/bar area.

Oh, and no sneaky charges!

Honestly I stayed at a top-notch Hilton in Texas last year and I enjoyed Aloft much more. If you want things like room service then go somewhere else but you won't get a better overall experience. Also the hotel is located within walking distance of a whole neighborhood of restaurants and shops so it really doesn't matter.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I had written a review prior to this one under poor about staying at aloft arundel mills and getting no wake up call and almost missing my flight.

this morning I heard from social media of starwood hotels and a mister jesus partel said he would be glad to give me the 4000 points for my inconvenience. thanks so much and I hope management will handle things differently in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Yeah, this place is pretty rad. Never stayed at an "aloft" before, but will definitely be looking for the name the next time I'm traveling. The rooms are so fantastically put together and the place is so unique. Just walking through the lobby was an experience. There are strange little pleasantries hidden everywhere. The perfect place for wanderers.

The staff was also extremely friendly. Gloriel at front desk being the most helpful front desk associate I've ever met.

Will be recommending to everyone. Great job, guys.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The title of this review is how my wife described Aloft when she stayed here. Since then, I've been three times myself. The lobby is full of glitzy lighting and electronic music, but upstairs is calmer with efficient, though smallish rooms. This hotel has a distinctive, masculine, urban style; it's not your typical, anonymous mid-priced hotel, and if you want soft surfaces or a bathtub, you should look elsewhere.
I have stayed in three different rooms here, and they were all identical. As you enter the room, there's a small area to the side with a sink, open closet, and a dorm fridge (which is empty, not stocked with minibar items). You'll also find free bottled water and some old issues of Spin magazine. This alcove continues past a toilet to a stall shower. The main bedroom has a built-in desk overlooking a window, a large bed, a retro-style clock radio, and a big-screen TV facing the bed. The layout is functional, but if you're staying for more than a few days, you might prefer the extra room in the Element hotel, which is adjacent and shares some of the common areas.
One of my favorite things about this hotel is the fitness room, which has new, high-quality equipment. It's not very big, but unlike most hotel fitness rooms I've seen, it doesn't feel like a crummy afterthought.
Although the hotel is close to BWI airport (about 3 miles from the rental car center) and a big freeway, I've never been bothered by noise.
As for food, the bar in the lobby has some pub food (which I haven't tried), and there are packaged foods for sale in the lobby. At breakfast, there is a selection of hot and cold items, but they aren't free (at least, not at the room rates I paid). There is a big shopping mall with restaurants and a grocery store nearby. It's walking distance, but not a very inviting walk.
This is not a luxurious hotel, but it's stylish and fun, and I stay here or at the Element whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I've stayed at aloft in on several occasions and the entire staff has been consistently professional, friendly and courteous. Amber, in particular, brightens everyone's day with her magnetic smile and welcoming presence at the Front Desk. The bar service is equally up to the task and deserves special mention. WIthout question, each of my stays at aloft have been worth the money spent. I would definitely recommend this location.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I have stayed here many times in the last year. I loved this property because it was close to the mall and the airport. the last time I stayed there, I had an early international flight so I called downstairs to get a wake up call for early the next morning. I tried to set the bedside clock for a back-up but was not working. I did have a cell phone with me and used it for a back-up call. As I feared, no wake up call from the hotel. My cell phone saved my flight which was the only flight to my destination that day. when i arrived downstairs at the desk, the girl at the desk said she did not work there, she worked at element hotel next door and did not look at any wake-up list.

I informed starwood points and the manager of aloft arundel mills, his name is Carlos Rentas. He apologized and said he would give me 1500 starwood points into my account even though it takes 4000 points to stay a night there. I asked him if he wanted me to come back to please give another 2500 points, he has ignored me so far.

I had also stayed there before and the driver of the shuttle was late bringing me to the airport and had to run the catch the plane

Room Tip: ask for a room facing a view of something besides the courtyard.