All reviews pool table wxyz bar arundel mills lobby area shuttle driver front desk staff indoor pool free shuttle the maryland live casino bwi airport alofts mall ikea element mirror md pets
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I was exhausted from a long drive and ALoft was recommended to me since I was traveling with my miniature poodle. Boy! I am glad we stopped and gave it a try! They were very welcoming of my dog; even gave me a little treat bag for her. The room was spacious and clean and had all the amenities I needed - refrigerator, microwave, TV, wifi...etc. but the real reason I gave ALoft an excellent rating was the customer service. The guy working the front desk, Kevin, was very friendly and kind. He honestly seemed to enjoy making my stay an enjoyable one. From recommending a delicious pizza place to helping me find the ice - Kevin never tired of answering the phone when I called. (at least he didn't act like it!) We will definitely stay with ALoft again and will spread the word to my friends.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Pippsidy,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the 2 paws up rating! This truly means alot to the aloft team as we want all of our furry friends to feel welcomed during travel. I will make sure to give Kevin a special shout out for his customer service and we all look forward to having you and your miniature poodle join us again!

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I'd heard about Aloft since Starwood launched the brand, but never had a reason to try it until: 1. Marriott acquired Starwood. 2. I missed my recent flight out of BWI.

This location was a very short and direct drive from the rental car center at BWI, they had rooms available on short notice, and the price was right, so this was my chance. I'm glad I took it.

Aloft is modern, trendy, and almost European in approach. It's not for everyone, and I'm not even sure it's for travelers my age, but I loved it, and can't wait to choose Aloft again. The room had a great design, plenty of electrical outlets for my gadgets (I travel tech-heavy), plenty of space on the vanity top for things, and light where you needed it. The sleep quality was great, nice and quiet.

The amenities were decent. I really enjoyed the bar (which is not normally my thing when I travel on business). The exercise room was a bit spartan but serviceable. And I loved the cool decor throughout.

Service I thought was pretty decent. The bartender was fantastic; very socialable young woman making guests feel welcome. And the front desk clerk at check-in was full of spicy personality and put a smile on my face. This is exactly what I needed after missing a flight and having to deal with an unplanned night in Baltimore.

Great hotel in a great location, and would not hesitate to join them again.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Wes K,

On behalf of the Aloft Arundel Mills team, thank you for choosing us for your first Aloft experience! I'm so happy to hear that your unplanned night in Baltimore was made better by our hotel. Please come back and enjoy the W XYZ bar and all of our amenities again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Extremely trendy hotel. Modern furniture and decor. Lobby has a decent bar, though not always stocked. Pool table is also available for killing time. The rooms offer comfortable beds and a modern theme. Showers and bathroom are nice along with layout of the kind rooms. Maid service is pleasant but not always on their game. If you go green and skip room service for the day you are suppose to receive a 5 dollar voucher. This did not always occur. The desk was usually helpful in replacing if one was not left. Be warned their is no free breakfast. This is the biggest detractor.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Dear Greg2117,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. I'm so sorry to hear that you thought our service was lacking. I will make sure to speak with the housekeeping department to ensure that the vouchers for going green don't get missed! These $5 vouchers will help to have breakfast at our Re:fuel station. I hope the next time you're in the Arundel Mills area you will come and give us a second chance to "WOW" you with our hotel!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

i loved the room layout. completely different. i would go there again. Also the bar was also the work of someone who worked outside of the box. food was great. service was great. i will definitely be back when i have plans to be in that area again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Dear lynnX3243AR,

Thank you for choosing the Aloft Arundel Mills for a refreshing twist in your travel. I'm so happy to hear that you will come and visit us again the next time your plans bring you to the area. We'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very nice. I thought I walked into a lounge when we returned to the hotel in the evening, the bar in the lobby was "Live". We were exhausted from being out and didn't get a chance to have a drink at the bar. Everyone at the bar and pool table seemed to be having a great time.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear Zavia220,

I'm so sorry to hear that you were unable to take advantage of our W XYZ Bar and Lounge! I hope the next time you're in the area you will give us a chance to make your evening even more "Live" than this stay.