“Great weekend with friends and family”

Element Arundel Mills
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 February 2013

A group of us stayed her to celebrate the retirement of our friend/family member. I cannot begin to express how great of a choice this was for us! As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by the front desk staff. Siyon, Francisco and Tina were some of the Front Desk associates throughout our stay, that answered our questions and granted our request. Sheila and her team worked diligently to get rooms cleaned so that we could check in rooms located close to one another as soon as we arrived. Our rooms had a modern design, were very clean and came equipped with everything that we needed. The full size refrigerator, multiple storage areas and microwave in our rooms made it easy to have a central location for our entire group to store items, meet& hangout and share snacks. The breakfast was great and there was something for everyone. If you wanted fruit, juice and yogurt it was there but also they had sausage, waffles, fried potatoes, grits, eggs just to name a few. We are very close to the mall and casino but traffic/parking is really bad at both. Luckily we had Mary and Stacy to take us back and forth with the hotel’s shuttle service and we did not have to worry about it!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills!
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your friends and family. We also love seeing our Team members being recognized! We will share this feedback with them.

Reviewed 7 February 2013 via mobile

I had an awesome stay there. The free breakfast is great and the complementary reception is great for a free light dinner. I loved the layout of my suite and the rain shower was neat. Some signs of wear here and there but overall very nice accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2013
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy our "Rise" hot breakfast and "Relax" evening reception. We hope to see you again soon! Happy Travels.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed at the Element for a different SPG experience. I was a little hesitant based on past reviews, but thought I'd give it a try. I stayed in a one-bedroom suite for 4 nights while taking a professional certification class.
Cons:
The hotel was mostly quiet; you could hear people in hallway and for some reason, I could hear every flush from the room either above or next door to me. I must verify from previous reviews, the floors were not the cleanest, but in the Element's defense, they don't have carpet which makes it more difficult to keep the dust away. I also noticed a few different types of hair in my bathroom; but when I saw the lotion had been used and not thrown away from the previous guest, I began to think this hotel really was not all that clean, at least not the room I was staying in. Breakfast was not impressive, but there was usually a red meat alternative (turkey/chicken sausage). The Wi-Fi kept logging me out. When I used the network cable to connect to the internet, the service was not much better. Computers in the business center were fast and reliable, but one of the printers made awful prints.
Pros:
After I requested my bathroom be thoroughly cleaned I was happy to return to a room that had seemed much cleaner. The floors were still dusty, but honestly, this is probably more an issue of material than cleanliness (the floors are texturized and dark brown/black). The bed was comfortable and the room shades make sleeping in very easy. The lobby is very contemporary and comfortable. The workout area had a variety of machines, 2 treadmills, and 2 bicycles. Headphones were provided as were towels. I didn't try the food at the manager’s reception each night.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Element. I think SPG should continue the concept, but step up their cleanliness and ensure the internet is consistent.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills. Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay. It is unfortunate that you had to experience internet and housekeeping issues during your stay. We hope that we were able to rectify these inconveniences in a timely fashion prior to your departure. We have been in touch with our internet provider regarding these issues thanks to your feedback. Your cleanliness comments have been share with our staff. We appreciate detailed feedback like this to help us pinpoint areas for improvement. Thank you for choosing the Element by Westin. We hope to serve you again soon should your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 28 January 2013

To start off, we had approx 150 people stay at the element and Aloft for a tour we were planning. Elizabeth, sales manager at the element, really made the accommodations part of the tour a success! She was always very helpful and on top of every request made. Harry, GM at the Aloft, was also very helpful. I had some concerns regarding previous reviews that I read and Harry reached out to me to address all of them. After our conversation I had no doubt in my mind that our stay would be smooth...and I was right! Once we arrived to the hotel everything was done in a professional, organized manner. ALL of the rooms were clean, tidy and very put together. Breakfast was wonderful, the location was convenient, the staff is TOP NOTCH! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and if we had to do it over again we would choose element and The Aloft hotels!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills! We are so delighted that you and your tour group had a great experience with us! We pride ourselves in making sure that our staff leaves a memorable impression on each of our guests, and it's wonderful to hear that we are doing it right. Thank you for your feedback and kind words. We hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is an excelent Hotel. Breakfast is great, this hotel also provides a light diner and beer Mon- Thursday. Great for Military on travel. With any establishment, there are pros and cons... but the costomer service is good. Siyon and Jessica, front desk clerks, have always assisted me with a smile. A highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills. Thank you for sharing with us your feedback. We love to hear about our Staff leaving a great impression on our guests. I will definitely make sure Siyon and Jessica hear these praises. We hope to serve you again should your military orders or leisurely travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area! Happy Travels!

Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

This was high scale modern living at a very reasonable price. The location was super convenient for this trip--my wife & I caught a concert @ Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD and checked out the casino at Maryland Live, all minutes away.

We didn't even know this hotel line existed until we stayed here. Great from design, decor & amenities with included full kitchens.

We definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012

Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills! Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you found us! Element is the new Extended Stay Hotel by Starwood that has many of the familiar luxuries of a Westin, but with a touch of home for our extended stay traveler. There are only 10 of us in the world currently, but be sure to look us up if your travels bring you back to Arundel Mills! Happy travels!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Our tour group (94 passengers, two Motorcoach's) stayed at the Element Inauguration weekend. Our expectations was to receive Excellent service and that we did receive. From the moment we arrived, the general manager and some of the staff came aboard both bus's to greet the group and welcome us to the hotel. Throughout the stay excellent service and accommodations was maintained. Upon our departure the general manager and Aloft assistant manager spoke with me (the tour coordinator) to solicit feedback and again extended their gratification for our stay. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are please to hear that you and your Tour Group enjoyed their stay! We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills/DC area, that we can serve you again! Happy Travels!