“reminded me of chi chis”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex

Chevys Fresh Mex
Ranked #14 of 115 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I loved loved loved the corn pudding. Sweet and creamy. The black beans were seasoned just right. And I loved the tamales too. I can definately return to this place. My husband and kids went once without me and am happy that I was able to go this time. This place reminds me of my old favorite resturant...Chi Chi,s . I didnt see any fried ice cream.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

A gluten free menu was available, but the chicken fahitas consisted of grilled chicken (NO SPICES,SALT,MARINADE - NOTHING). The "fixins were there, but you would be better off ordering fahitas with the vegetables they serve as a side dish. They were yummy. My husband said that his chilie Rellenos were delicious. There was altogether too much time taken for a lunch in a mall.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I've never been to Mexico, so I only know the Americanized version of Mexican food, but this was a decent serving. This is the Chevy's in the Arundel Mills Mall. I liked it enough to go back two out of the three days I visited the area. Each time the service was pleasant and pretty fast. On the second visit I had to wait a few minutes to get a seat, but the food came very quickly and the waitress checked up on me very frequently. On the first visit I had the mixed grill; chicken, beef, pork, served on a hot plate with fajitas and the sides served separately. I skipped rolling fajitas and just ate the grilled items, the lettuce and beans. It was all very tasty. On the second night I chose Chevy's Five - with a beef and chicken enchilada, rice, taco, and beans. The only thing I didn't like was the ranchero sauce on one of the items, otherwise,it was as good as the mixe grill. Since I went back once, I'd surely go back again.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I thought the service, food, and value was good. The bathrooms were NOT!

We were there for lunch around noon. The restaurant was only open 2 hours and the bathrooms were in serious need of a cleaning. The sink was covered in water and the paper towels were sitting in a roll on the counter half wet. I didn't want to touch anything.

My only question is, if the bathrooms are that bad, how is the kitchen??

Reviewed 24 January 2012

This was the worst mexican restaurant I've been to in a LONG time. The carnitas meat was good but portions were tiny and full of gristle.

Go to the Baja Fresh across the street for better carnitas.

Been to Chevys Fresh Mex? Share your experiences!