“Wish there was an "Outstanding" rating”

The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed 3 May 2012

As the title says I felt as though this was an Outstanding hotel. I've stayed most of the hotels around the mall but this one is a step above. Upon walking in the lobby you are mesmerized by the large fireplace and also decor. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms themselves are a pretty good size. The bed is firm but comfortable. The bathroom is designed very tastefully with a shower you will just have to see and unlike some hotels the toilet is separated from the rest of the bathroom by a door. There is a restaurant call the Grillfire right in the lobby that serves decent eats and good drinks. Free Wifi through out. Free Parking. The location is PERFECT! There are a couple of restaurants and shops in front of the hotel and there are several right across the street. Of course you are right up there street from Arundel Mills and almost every restaurant you can think of. Very pleasant stay and it is my new favorite in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thank you so much for not only staying with us but for also taking the time to comment about our new hotel as well as services. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and visit and that you appreciated the planning and preparations that were put in making this hotel what it is today.
I invite you to come back and see us soon as this area is only growing!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding. And everything exceeded our expectations! The rooms were awesome, comfortable and clean. The lobby just looked stunning! The staff was friendly and helpful. The wedding was amazing--every detail was covered. I would highly recommend this hotel to others. The weekend spend here, was fabulous.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

This is great! Thank you so much for the review! This area and hotel is the best choice for weddings as you have endless options for your guests from shopping to dining, and the soon-to-open Casino!

Please come back and see us!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed here for the weekend and was pleasantly suprised. The price was very good and the accomodations were great. I was able to get checked in early (1pm) and I was able to get a late (noon) check out. The front desk staff was direct on check in and check out. Not too friendly... I used the exercise facility which was had weights, treadmills, bikes, ellipticals. The indoor pool was very small and completely enclosed in glass so everyone entering the building from the parking garage, or in the lobby, or exercise room could see you. Those are the only negatives. The Keurig in every room is awesome and the bar in the hotel is pricey but the drinks are worth it. The beds are so comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. I am delighted to know that you loved our hotel and coffee makers. I am however disappointed that you were not satisfied with our front desk services. I will definitely take your comments to our team for coaching purposes. We truly value guest services and it is our #1 Priority!
Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Upon entering the Lobby, you are awed. You are welcomed by Staff as if you are home. Opening the door to your room, your sanctuary awaits. Room service for breakfast - exceptional and filling. I have absolutely nothing but the highest praise for this gem of a getaway retreat in hanover. *exhales* You must experience it to appreciate all of its unique qualities. I am looking forward to staying here again very soon.

Room Tip: Stay on the Executive Floor if ther eis space. The personal service as well as access to the Executi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you so much Stacey for this great review. We are delighted to know that you loved our facilities and had a great time. We know that our guests have choices when deciding to stay here and appreciate them for selecting us.
Please come back and see us, we are looking forward to seeing you with us again.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I travel to Hanover several times a year on business and on my last trip decided to try the Hotel at Arundel Preserve for the first time. I was impressed when I entered the lobby, very spacious and well designed and decorated. The room was a nice size as well and nicely decorated, though neither larger nor smaller compared to other rooms I've stayed at around Arundel Mills. Room staff were very helpful and friendly, desk staff were hit or miss depending on the person;

A few minor issues. Laundry costs almost twice as much to do as it does at other hotels in the area (my stays tend to be 7-10 days so its something I notice); the Grillfire restaurant has a limited breakfast menu, quality was fine but certainly not a menu for all tastes; signs in the parking spaces around the hotel reserve parking for restaurant guests, not hotel guests, however guests and hotel staff just ignore the signs; also, even if you arrange for a late check-out, the electronic keys "zeroize " at 11 AM (per the desk clerk "Its automatic") so you need to have you key rekeyed to get back into your room.

One annoyance, which I know is not a requirement for most guests and is usually a hit or miss request, was early check-in. I usually arrive in Hanover from an international flight and prefer to check in as a soon as I arrive in late morning. While there is usually no guarantee of early check-ins at any hotel, all of the other hotels I have stayed at in Hanover have always been able to provide me with an early check in the type of room I booked. This hotel was unable to do so. Again, not a usual request and certainly not a deal breaker for someone on personal travel, but in my case, the hotel is not able to provide a service that all of its competitors have been able to provide.

All that being said, if you are just looking for a day or two in the area, the hotel is generally comparable to its competition, and is even a bit fresher looking that some given it is not that old. For a lengthy business stay, however, I will likely chose one of my old standby, more user -friendly hotels for my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank misplacedmidwestern
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Please allow me to first sincerely thank you for writing about our hotel and for the constructive feedback. It is guests like yourself that give us feedback and help us improve on our offerings.
I am taking your comments back to the team and we will re-evaluate our laundry prices as well as comunicate to the front desk your concerns about not getting early check in. As we are getting busier and are sold out most of the nights, rooms are not ready earlier in the day. That could however be arranged easily once we have a reqest for it.
I am asking you in all sincerety to give us another try as we are truly a unique experience in this area and the opinions of our Tripadvisor members are the greatest testimony to that.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is a really outstanding hotel, especially for the price. The rooms are attractive and comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. And the beds might be the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. So take that money you were going to spend on the Holiday Inn or Marriott Courtyard and stay at a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent experience at the Hotel at Arundel Preserve. I am glad you found our beds comfortable as we spent much effort selecting the best mattress out there.
Please come back and see us when in the area again.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

My stay at The Hotel was very enjoyable and the receptionist staff was very friendly and helpful. The restuarant in the hotel was very up scale which also has sports lounge area. The coffee and cream in the rrom were very good and adequate for 4 cups of coffee. This hotel is brand new and very enjoyable to stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your great review regarding your most recent stay. As I am someone who really loves coffee, I wanted the coffee experience in the rooms to be very good. As a result, we went with the Keurig makers, coffee creamer cups and not powder as well as a good quality mug.
We are currently looking into offering Starbucks K-cups in the rooms.

Have a great day and please come back and see us again.