“My Close by Romantic Getaway with my Husband”

The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
maryland
“My Close by Romantic Getaway with my Husband”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

After being away from my husband for 6 weeks to take care of my elderly parents, I decided to plan a romantic getaway for us. We wanted close by, but nice. This met all my needs. It reminded me of a one bedroom beautiful condo in Boston. Beautiful decorations, amenities, and views. Room service is delicious from the restaurant in the hotel, whether it is breakfast or dinner. There is a Keurig coffee maker and a mini frig. It would be perfect it is had a microwave in every room or upon request in your room.. The staff is nice, friendly, and very accommodating.
We have stayed here 4 times and will be staying there again, when I get back from my current CA trip to take care of my parents. I highly recommend The Hotel. LOVE LOVE it. !!!

Room Tip: King rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
SOOO Excited to red your review, THANK you! We are very happy to know that you discovered us and that you will be spreading the word about us! Please come back and see us more often!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a business event. The hotel is practically new; most of it runs very well. The staff is excellent. Two of note were Xavia - Front Desk and Gloria - Housekeeping. Professional, competent, and very pleasant. On whole, the room was very comfortable and well furnished. Excellent HD TV but the channels were clunky. Excellent electronic bar with blue tooth and UBS port to charge phones, etc. Keurig coffee maker. My favorite was the blackout shade for sleeping. A few quirks kept this from being a 5 rating: no bath tub and the shower did not have enough water pressure; the toilet door required standing next to the toilet in order to close the door; the refrigerator was hidden - took us a day to find it; no bellman and no easy way to unload bags, no ice machine on our floor. All little things. Still the hotel was very nice and I would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to come back to TripAdvisor to write a review about our hotel and to share your experiences. We are very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your constructive feedback on the "little" items you described and will definitely share with the rest of the team for our improvement process.

Jeff Makhlouf

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My stay here was for a business meeting. The facility is clean, modern and welcoming. Check-in was friendly and efficient. My room was thoughtfully arranged. The bathroom was Euro styled with a separate toilet area, large shower space with a rainfall shower head (wonderful way to start the day) and large sink area. The bedroom had a quaint sitting area tucked into the wall which was quite cozy and relaxing. The room has a Keurig coffee maker, large screen TV and most of the usual amenities found in better hotels. What made this different was the art in the public spaces and in the rooms, as well as the décor and set up of the rooms. I would have stayed here an extra night if I could!
The conference was nicely serviced and the food was very good: fresh, healthy and creative. All in all, a wonderful experience that would merit a return trip.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to perfumes, be sure to call ahead and ask for a room with no air freshener in...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Portena-by-Marriage
Thank you so much for an amazingly well written review of our hotel. We really appreciate it! We are very glad to learn that you had enjoyed your stay! We are sorry to hear you could not stay longer. Please come back and see us more often.

Severn, Maryland
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Hotel at Arundel Preserve is the best hotel in the Anne Arundel County/Baltimore area. The hotel staff (Juliet James especially) is professional, nice and accommodating. The guest rooms are always clean and the property hosts two onsite restaurants (GrillFire and Vivo). Both restaurants are a can't miss whether you are on business travel or a local trying to have a nice dinner from the typical Longhorn, TGIF scene. The property is top-notch and I'm rather selective. It's a can't miss in hospitality.

Room Tip: I'd love to add a tip to help travelers select a room, but then I would give away what I like be...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tia G
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Tia G:
Thank you for a wonderful review of our hotel! I just spoke to Julia James and she is so happy to see her name being mentioned on TripAdvisor! Please come back and see us more often, we are happy to have you part of our family! Enjoy the weather and have a wonderful weekend!

Fort Washington, Maryland
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel was great! I was impressed by check in process and cleanliness of the hotel. Upon arrival, I was in a hurry as I was running late for an event and was late checking in. The front desk staff was friendly. My check in process was less than 4 minutes. I was able to swipe my card I used for the reservation, sign on a screen and grab my key. I was impressed with the cleanliness and amenities of the room. There was quick access to food and drinks inside the hotel and less than a mile away from shopping, restaurants and the casino. If I ever stay in that area again, this hotel would be my first choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aquarishan
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you so much! We really appreciate you spreading the good words about our hotel! This is our best marketing campaign! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the different amenities we offer. Please come back and see us more often when you are in this area!

Jeff Makhlouf

General MAnager
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

All flights cancelled because of snow so I booked the hotel because of tripadvisor. Once again tripadvisor did me proud. They sent a car to collect me at 9 am even though the airport was on a ground stop. Let me into a room at 9.30, fed and watered me twice and got me back to the airport on demand the next morning. 100meg Internet, cracking steak in the restaurant and great bed. I will be back!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hello there!!!
A special thank you to all of our UK guests and specifically to you! We are delighted to hear that we were able to take such an unpleasant experience such as being stranded at an airport during a snow storm and turn it into a pleasant one! I hope we get to see you more often if your travels bring you back this way.

Sincerely, Jeff Makhlouf

General MAnager
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed 4 March 2014

A business partner and I stayed here and were doing business in the area; we were impressed with everything. The staff was attentive and accomodating, the rooms gorgeous, the food really good to the point we didn't want to eat elsewhere though we did and were a bit disappointed.
We also used the shuttle service to other sites and the shuttle was convenient and driver delightful.

Room Tip: The room I had was amazing...a corner suite; view nothing special but it didn't matter...the roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to come back on TripAdvisor to share the highlights of your recent stay. It means a lot to us when our guests come back to share their experiences with the ever growing TripAdvisor community.

Have a wonderful weekend and please come back to see us more often.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Home2 Suites by Hilton Arundel Mills BWI Airport
Aloft Arundel Mills
Aloft Arundel Mills
#6 of 14 in Hanover
Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights

Been to The Hotel at Arundel Preserve? Share your experiences!