“Great hotel for the price!”

Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very friendly desk clerks. Very comfortable beds! The rooms are newly remodeled and rival most 3-star hotels. Hotel is easy to get to and is set back in a quite area. Vending machine stole my $1.75, but other than that, I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay. I hope if your back in the area soon you will stay with us again. Let me apologize about the soda machine, if you contact me I will happily refund that portion of your stay. In the future just stop by the front desk and we can refund you on the spot.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Location was great, street parking for my rig on a dead end street with large circle. Quick check in, clean room, and the shower! Best hotel shower Ive ever had, which helped after 10 hours of driving.

• Stayed: November 2013
redroof107, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let our staff know how much you enjoyed your stay. I'm sure in your line of work at times it can be difficult to find a place to park your truck with easy access. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Fairly new, clean. Nice rooms, good value! We would stay here again. First experience with a Red Roof in. Not far from a lot of restaurants, stores, and mall. We did hear airplanes flying over from a nearby airport. It wasn't bothersome to us though.

• Stayed: October 2013
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at our hotel. The hotel has gone through a complete renovation and we are delighted that you are pleased with the upgrades. We are located very close to Maryland Live casino, Arundel Mills Mall and numerous restaurants as you mentioned. We look forward to your return should your travel plans bring you back to the Hanover, MD area.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

First, the hotel was a nice location. Arundel mills is very close. BWI is very close. Columbia is very close..etc. the hotel was a very reasonable price. It is in walking distance or short drive to several deli/restaurants.
Second, the staff was very nice. The rooms were very clean. I booked the room online so it was also easy. The room was very updated. Nice floors, nice bed, the bathroom was totally remodeled. Nice flat screen tv.
It was an all together very good stay. It is a motel so it's not my ultimate preference but I would choose this over many hotels.
The only thing could improve is parking but that's almost complete out of their control. Very nice place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank piasan-11
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay in Baltimore. I will share your comments with the staff. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our completely renovated rooms with new beds, Flat screen TV's, vanities and more...It's the staff's goal to provide outstanding service and accommodations for all of our travelers. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the car rental return at the airport. It was clean and comfortable and served our purpose. It is close to the mall, casino and restaurants which was nice as it gave us something to do the night before we flew out. After checking in at the airport, I realized I had left my hoodie in the motel room. I called the motel the next day and the front desk clerk took my information and said she would look for my hoodie. She called to say it had been located but she would have to wait for her manager to deal with it on Monday. The manager, Curtis called and arranged to have my hoodie shipped to my home address in Canada. I really appreciated the calls he made and the time he took to arrange the return of my hoodie. The service was excellent! Thank you.

Room Tip: We asked for a ground level room because of all of our luggage. The staff was very accommodating.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen K
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you for the kind words! It's always encouraging to learn my staff and I were able to meet or exceed your expectations. I will be sure to share this review with the rest of the staff as encouragement to continue the good work. Also, I'm glad your hoodie made it safely back to you. Having been in your position before, I understand the anxiety of leaving something in a hotel room. I am so glad we were able to find your hoodie and get it safely back to you.

If you ever find yourself in the area again, I hope you'll come and visit us again!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This hotel is a little outside of the places I would normally stay but the price was right each time and it was in a convenient location. In some prior reviews, there were criticisms of the rooms smelling, etc., but the hotel has been recently updated and all of the rooms I've been in have been basic but clean, fresh, and nice. I would certainly recommend this hotel for shorter stays and possibly longer ones.

Room Tip: I recommend the upper floor when possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlton G
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am happy to hear you have enjoyed each fo your stays at our property and have no issues to report. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff as encouragment to keep up the good work. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you find yourself in the Hanover/Greater Baltimore area.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

What can I say? It's a motel. But with that said, it is a good value. When I travel by myself, I hate to spend the money on a Marriott. I'd rather save the money and stay at a nicer hotel when I have my wife and/or family with me to enjoy the nicer amenities. So, for a 3 or 4 night stay the accomodations are bearable. Especially when you are on business and you basically only sleep here.

The pros are: it is a clean motel. Check-in is easy, and service is good (though there in not need for any service since there are no amenities), free internet, five minute drive from BWI car rental terminal, 3 minute drive from Arundel Mills, where there is plenty of shopping and dining options, convenient to I-95 and I-295. Cons: While it's fairly confortable, it's not the sleeping comfort of a Marriott or some other nice hotel (but again your not paying for it), out side of YOUR room there are no other amenities, and towels that could double as sand paper. But again, for the grade of accomodations and the value, this is a good stay.

This was my second visit. While I much prefer the luxury and comfort of my favorite brand, I prefer even more the cash in my pocket (at half the price for the same four day stay). All a matter of personal priorities. On a side note, I don't recommend the restaurant Gunnings Seafood next door. I am a native Marylander and return here regularly for business. Their food is fair, but their service to visitors is sub-par. They much prefer their regulars. If you want some good Maryland Seafood, plan an evening and find a place in the Baltimore (city) where you will get better food, service and atmosphere. Bo Brooks is a good example and it's right on the water. There are others too, just do a little research.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank freedominc98

Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof Inn for your hotel needs! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again the next time you need accommodations in the greater Baltimore area.

i0107@redroof.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Ramada BWI Airport/Arundel Mills
Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washi...
#5 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Aloft Arundel Mills
Aloft Arundel Mills
#6 of 14 in Hanover
Live! Lofts
Live! Lofts
#4 of 14 in Hanover
Fairfield Inn & Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway? Share your experiences!