“Surprised a motel that was pretty decent”

Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was on a cross country trip and by chance picked this motel as it was close to me and at a point where I felt tired.

The staff was very friendly. I was in a big moving truck and they suggested a place where I could park that would keep it out of the way still safe.

The room was clean, well appointed, and the free wifi was a huge plus! The AC was nice and cold and didn't have a weird smell as these window units often do. I was also surprised how I couldn't hear my neighbors.

Room Tip: Getting to this motel is a challenge. It's not exactly off the highway...you have to turn off...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Wow, a cross country trip!!! How exciting that must have been for you. Well, with all that traveling Thank You for taking sometime out of your travels to let us know how wonderful the accommodations were. The staff and I try really try hard to provide friendly service with clean comfortable rooms.I do apologize for the fact we do not have truck parking, but being on the dead end street does allow for safe parking at times. I hope you made it to your final destination safely and if your ever on another cross country trip be sure to stop by and say, " Hello"

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed one night at the Red Roof Inn before flying out of BWI. The room was small but comfortable and the location was convenient. We checked in late and left early, so did not interact much with staff.

No surprises, no bad smells, no mold or scratchy sheets or loud neighbors. Good value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank You for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our property. I'm glad to hear you had a nice comfortable room and if your ever flying back to town we would love for you to stay with us again. I hope your flight was just as enjoyable as your room.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Upon check-in, the staff was friendly, polite, and down-to-earth. After a long day on the road, it was welcome to have a smooth and hassle-free check-in. The room was well appointed, and had nice amenities for the price. However, that's where the good ends. The room was not cleaned at all. There were all of the following on the room's floor: food crumbs, rubber bands, plastic pieces, a toenail, and ants crawling on the bathroom floor.

While the staff did give me a full refund and the staff was friendly (they offered to move me to another room), you can't make up for the fact the room was completely unsatisfactory. I shouldn't have to tell a major hotel chain to clean their rooms. I will not be seeking out this chain ever again, and I recommend the same to anyone else.

Bottom Line up front: Spend the extra money and go to a place you know will be clean, which would be anywhere but here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
redroof107, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking time out to write a review about our property. I'm happy to hear the front desk staff was so helpful during you check in process.
Please except my sincerest apologies in regards to the cleanliness of your room. This is not how we normally operate and corrective measures have already been put into place to prevent this from happening in the future. We hope in the future you will give us another chance to impress you with our "WOW" service. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Room was very nicely decorated and comfortable. Hard wood floors and a very comfortable bed. Nice wall mounted TV and plenty of power outlets for charging all my electronics!! I would recommend staying here especially if you are just in town to shop or hit Maryland Live. Very close to food and shopping. Easy to locate from state route 100 off of I 95.

The only minor issue during our stay was having TV service interrupted on the morning we left but no big deal. The hotel also has excellent FREE wifi for you to catch up on email and news from your tablet.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank You for taking the time to write about your experience at our Inn. I do apologize about the television interruption, we were in the process of upgrading to HD and adding an additional 16 channels for your enjoyment. I hope the next time your back in town for some shopping you will stop by to say hello. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I may have just had a bad experience this day. Staff friendly. Stayed in a lower room at the end behind the restaurants. Power went out in my room when I turned on hair dryer (happened three times). Staff attended to this quickly. Rooms were nice, but it got very stuffy and damp at night in the room. Not far from adrundel mills. Cheaper than any hotel near the mall.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Melissa,
Thank You for taking the time out to write a review of your stay with us. I am sorry the breaker was an issue for you while you were drying your hair. Glad to hear the staff tried their best to resolve your situation. At this time all breaker issues have been addressed and we hope you will give us another try during your summer travels.

Michelle Jefferson
BW Parkway

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I always stay with Red Roof during my travels and ill tell you , this location has the best custumer service ive ever seen! The desk clerk "brandy" was more then accommodating to all my wifes crazy needs! Also my house keeper "Paula" kept my room spotless!! Althought the place was difficult to find even with GPS i really enjoyed my stay :) See you guys very soon! And keep up the great service!

• Stayed: December 2013
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Mzeclass,
Thank You so much for your wonderful comments about the property and the customer service you received from Brandie and Paula. I have passed on your comments to the both of them and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a low budget hotel near BWI airport , this hotel is your choice . It is located near by the arundel mall & the live casino .
Clean room & totally renovated recently . The only disadvantage is that the breakfast is not included , but they offer free coffee .

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
redroof107, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our Inn. We take great pride in having a clean comfortable room at an affordable rate. I hope you got some great deals at the mall. We hope to see you again in the New Year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Ramada BWI Airport/Arundel Mills
Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washi...
#5 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Arundel Mills BWI Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway? Share your experiences!