“New Experience”

Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our first time staying at a Hampton Inn, arrived later than expected, no problem checking in, staff very helpful. Room accommodations, with the mini microwave and refrigerator,were outstanding. The free breakfast buffet each morning was exceptionally good. Just a quarter mile from the hotel is the Arundel Mills Mall, with its 200 hundred plus retail stores, and the Maryland Live casino. We had a great time, and we will return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa B, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. It is always our goal to exceed our guests expectations, and it appears this was the case. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Hanover. Take Care!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

wait for shuttle was very long going and coming. asked for late check out after gambling late only to have house keeping walk right in room more than once. Even after calling down to front desk they did it again!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is always our goal to exceed our guests’ expectations, and it is apparent this was not the case with your stay. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel, for the lengthy wait you endured while utilizing our shuttle service. It is on occasion that our shuttles have a large volume of pickups for our hotels and the wait can be a little longer than normal. I do apologize for this inconvenience, but we will use your feedback to share in our team meeting. We hope that when your travels bring you back to Hanover, that you will give us a chance to exceed your expectations. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Clean, comfortable beds; nice pool; nice people. Derek was especially helpful. There were a few sticky spots on the carpet that appeared to be gum that was never cleaned, & housekeeping skipped our room one day, as well as failing to change the sheets when asked, but the sheets were promptly changed when we alerted housekeeping that it hadn't been done. All-in-all, it was a pleasant visit. On our last day, the pool was late in opening, cutting short our final morning swim time, but it's a salt water pool that was well-maintained. The breakfast staff could have been a little nicer on the weekend & it would have been nice if they had all understood English a little better; I had to break out my Spanish in order to effectively communicate.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that you were satisfied with most aspects of your stay. We share our guests feedback with our team during our daily huddles, and use these comments as training opportunities. We hope that when your travels bring you back to Hanover we can welcome you back to the Hampton Inn & Suites. Take Care.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Checked in for one very busy Friday night to a busy lobby. Check in was quick and prompt at a late hour. Clerk remembered I called earlier to confirm the reservation. The renovations of the property seem to be completed as the place looked much better than the last time we stayed there. As this was a last minute reservation, we ended up with a mobility king room with accessible bathroom and wet bar. Room had a fridge which was nice. Used the sofabed and the sheets were already made and appeared to be clean which is a nice touch. Breakfast was typical Hampton which is great value and probably on the better end of Hampton breakfasts. There are shuttles to the mall and the casino if you are into that. Cannot complain with the stay we had.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Laura L, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel-We very much appreciate the feedback we get from our guests. We strive to provide a stay that not only meets but exceeds expectations. I was very happy to see you were pleased with your stay! Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn and Suites for your travels to the Hanover area- If there is any way we may improve our services please let me know. We'll see you soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stay at this Hampton when I have business in Fort Meade. The location is perfect. There are a ton of restaurants in the area and it is within walking distance to a mall and the casino. While I don't think it is a new structure, the hotel has always been in good repair and clean when I have stayed. I usually sleep very well and generally feel comfortable when I stay there.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 August 2014

First off, I need to differentiate that the hotel property was rated a 5. My rating was due to the lack of professionalism and courtesy of the front desk staff. I arrived at the hotel at 9:35 pm after being on the road for nearly 7 hours. I brought my bag upstairs and immediately went downstairs, knowing that I only had a short time to get something to eat prior to a number of places closing at 10. I asked about getting the shuttle to take me down the road to get something to eat, and was told that the shuttle driver was out, and that the place I wanted to go (Hardys) was "probably" out of the five mile limit. I used to live down the road from the hotel, so I knew that was inaccurate, as Hardys is less than two miles away from the hotel. They called the driver, got an unintelligible response and I saw and waited. After about 15 minutes, I asked where the driver was, and was told "I don't know." I then asked I they could call him and get an ETA to find out when he would be back. I then mentioned to forget Hardys (since that seemed like an issue, and that I would go Red Lobster, "it's closed" I was told, I then said I would go to Baja Fresh "that's closed too." As I could see that there was a pattern growing, I then asked "what is open besides Wendy's or McDonalds". I went back upstairs and called the Casino to find their hours (for food) and then decided that I would walk across to the Casino to get something to eat, since I, nor the front desk seemed to have any idea when the shuttle driver would be back. I will admit that the young man at the front desk who was already off, offered to drive me across, which I did appreciate.

Even though I was horribly disappointed in the staff, I didn't intend to write a review - until now. I am preparing to return to Baltimore this month and realized that because of this experience I would not be booking it at the Hampton Inn. Because of a medical appointment, I travel to Baltimore approximately every 6-8 weeks, and sadly, will not be using this particular Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank katr0713
Melissa B, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the lack of service you received, as this is not the type of service we pride ourselves on providing. We take all guests comments and feedback seriously, and use them as a training opportunity for our staff. It is my hope that when your travels do bring you back to Hanover, you would consider our hotel so that we may provide you with the experience you deserve. Please feel free to contact me when you make your next reservation. Take Care.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Walking distance to it all, clean newly renovated suites, full hot breakfast buffet, beautiful pool, convenient and excellent service. We loved everything about this place. Quiet rooms, free movie channels. FAMILY FRIENDLY PLACE!

• Stayed: July 2014
Melissa B, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us, and you were able to take advantage of all the wonderful amenities of our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Hanover. Take Care!