“Not a great stay...”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Not a great stay...”
Reviewed 15 June 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night after an Orioles game. After arriving at the hotel after midnight, we were anxious to get checked in and go to bed. When we first walked in, we were impressed with the size of the room. It seemed clean and well-decorated, too. At first, it seemed like quite a bargain.

However, when I went to lie down, I noticed that my bed was soaking wet on one side. It didn't look like there was a leak or anything, so we had no idea where the water had come from. We called the front desk, and they said that someone would be up in 20 minutes, since only one person was working -- that's the fastest they could arrive.

So we waited, and the manager himself came up. We showed him the problem, but he was evasive about what might have caused it. He said it was probably the air conditioner leaking. But unless the rooms are all laid out differently (which would be odd for a cookie-cutter hotel...), the air conditioner in the room above us would have been nowhere near that wall, so how could it possibly have leaked onto my bed?

Instead of offering to switch our rooms (and the hotel was far from sold out...), he brought me a pile of new sheets (which I had to put on the bed myself) and told us to let him know if we needed anything else! We were all too tired to press the issue, so I threw the new sheets on, and tried to sleep on the non-soggy side of the bed.

I'm not usually one to complain about hotels. I generally just look for a clean place and am pleased if the people there are friendly. However, if there is a problem, I do expect it to be fixed -- or at least addressed in a suitable way! To be fair, we did get $50 taken off our bill when we spoke to the daytime manager as we checked out, but I think it could have been handled much better.

It's a new hotel, so maybe they still have some kinks to iron out. But based on my experience, I couldn't really recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Spacious rooms
  • Disliked — Staff was not helpful when there was a problem
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Perfect_sonnet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed 15 June 2008

I want to first say that you do not have to go through a mall parking lot to get to this hotel as another reviewer has stated. This hotel is easy to access being just off Hwy 100 and Arundel Mills Blvd. This was a fairly new property and was very nice and well maintained. The breakfast was typical of the chain and well stocked and clean. Our room was spacious, well maintained and very clean. Everything we expect from Springhill Suites. We would definately stay here again

• Liked — Clean and well maintained.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank coastermeister
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 December 2007

Stayed Friday and Saturday nights at this new Springhill Suites near BWI for a weekend getaway to DC. The hotel was very clean, quiet (5th floor room) and directly across the highway from Arundel Mills Mall. Front desk was efficient and helpful with directions. The free breakfast buffet was wonderful! Blueberry waffles, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, oatmeal, pastries, eggs, sausage -- you name it. The hotel has a free shuttle to BWI, the Amtrak Station (where we caught the train to Union Station) and anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel, including the very busy mall. Lots of places to eat nearby, small but nice workout room and an indoor pool.
Our room was an odd shape, perhaps being at the end of the hall, but the room had a nice sitting area, a fridge, microwave, and a comfy King bed. Good sized bathroom.
I liked it so much, I just booked another two stays for February.

• Liked — clean, great breakfast, shuttle
  • Disliked — difficult directions if you're not familiar with the area
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
US
Reviewed 13 November 2007

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights.
Was sparkling clean and the staff were all wonderful!
The front desk was acomodating to our requests . Our bags were delayed and they had no problem accepting them and holding on to them while we were out for the day.

The rooms are not all that soundproof though - I was surpirsed as it was a newer hotel. But, the hotel was not very busy that weekend - so it was only once that we were disturbed.

The pool looked nice and the area there clean although we did not use it during our stay. Nice , clean little workout room available as well.

The complimentary Internet access in the rooms is easy to hook into and use.

Comlimentary breakfast is very basic - but fine if you don't want to go out and eat.

Lots of nearby shopping and a mall across the road with a 24 screen movie theater.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank xenonian
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 9 April 2007

Stayed at this property for 1 night April 7-8. We were looking for a property close to Arundel Mills mall. This hotel is right across the street within walking distance, but wouldn't advise because there is a busy intersection that has to be crossed, besides the hotel offers a free shuttle van to carry you. There are 2 other hotels on the same side of the street that the mall is on (Hampton Inn, and Residence Inn), but neither had a indoor pool. Which was why I chose the Springhill Suites. My 5 year old wanted to go swimming.

The property was well maintained, everything spotless. We has a suite with 2 Queen beds, and a pull out sofabed. Could have easily slept 6 people in the room. The room was nice and clean with a microwave, fridge, bar sink, a desk, even 2 large closets. The pool area was nice and clean, plenty of fresh towels, and seating area. The fitness room was sufficent for a cardio workout, (no weights).

The hotel also has a complimentary computer in the lobby with internet access, and color printer. There was a free breakfast buffet in the morning with plenty to choose from including belgium waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt, pastries, juice, and more. I would have to say that this was one of the better compliemtary breakfast I ever had.

All in all this hotel is great, and I would definently return if in the area again.

• Liked — Convience to the mall
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank bignar
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 November 2006

Very nice new hotel located adjacent to Arundel Mills Mall area, just a short distance from BWI. Rooms are designed in the new Marriott color scheme. Flat screen TVs, mini fridge, microwave, separate sink area from toilet/shower, two closets, excellent lighting. All non-smoking - great! Front desk service professional and courteous. Good breakfast - cappucino/espresso machine, cereal, sausages, waffles, eggs, fruit. To-go bags available. Nice little excerise room. Indoor pool and hot tub. Nice experience, would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank NavyDawg
Bermuda
Reviewed 18 July 2006

I just came back from a 3 night stay at the Springhill Suites Arundel Mills. The hotel had only been open for 3 weeks when I arrived, therefore everything looked & smelled fresh & new. The front desk staff were most helpful & friendly. My room was really nice - spacious, clean - even had a large flat screen television. The proximity to Arundel Mills mall was perfect and the hotel shuttle was available to take me there plus anywhere within a 5 mile radius. The breakfast buffet was very good - somewhat busy on the weekend with families, but I easily grab and go back to my room. My only complaint was the bed - not nearly as comfortable as other Marriott hotels I've stayed in. All in all however, I would highly recommend this property to any casual or business traveler. In room internet and local calls were free - always a plus.

• Stayed July 2006