SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for an out of town wedding . It was very nice -- rooms very comfortable - handy with the refrigerator and microwave. The beds were comfy and plenty of pillows. We didnt try the sofa bed so no comment on that. The lounge was very nice and was glad to have the room to gather but just wish they would have an outside seating area because it was beautiful and we would have took our LARGE group out there.
The shuttle was nice but at times had to wait a VERY long time , we had traveled all day and was ready to get to get to the room and the shuttle driver had to pick up personal friends of his to drop off somewhere which we were not to happy about.
Our MAIN complaint was that there was 1 group of 2 and 1 group of 3 that requested adjoining or same floor rooms 6months in advance and when we got there we were all put on a different floor , and the room next to us was never was used. also we stayed over an extra day and 2 other couples stayed over 2 extra days (form the wedding rate) some were charged $10.00 extra a night- some were charged $20.00 extra a night and some weren't charged any extra. The front desk told us there was nothing they could do (YES we made our reservations all at the same time ) . so watch your bill and if you have time get more answers why?
Very close to a wonderful mall and casino !!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your time. We truly appreciate all feeback as is helps us improve everyday. We hope to see you agian in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here and met friends at the casino. On arrival, we were met with friendly staff who quickly checked us in. We used the shuttle to and from the casino. It runs late into the night! Our bed was very comfortable. Water pressure & temperature good. Breakfast was as good as expected.. Would return!

Stayed: July 2014
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet, and that the 24-hour shuttle was able to meet your needs. I will also be sure to pass on your compliments to our front desk staff.

I hope you'll come visit us if your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here the night before our cruise out of Baltimore. Over all it was a good stay. Room was a great size, downside to this is the TV was a bit away from the bed and it was hard to hear without waking my wife up. Breakfast was nice, nothing over the top but for "free" it was nice. Only complaint was the two young ladies at the front desk weren't very friendly, I'm not even sure they said hello. Other then that the stay was nice!

Stayed: July 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! I'm happy to hear that you had plenty of space and that you enjoyed our breakfast. But I am sorry to hear that your experience at the front desk wasn't better, and I will be sure to address that issue with them. We always appreciate the feedback, and hope you come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were 4 adults staying at this hotel last Sunday night for our first visit to Maryland Live Casino. Our first impression was “why were all those people hanging around the front entrance” – turns out they were a bus group getting ready to leave for an evening function. There were also folks hanging around the breakfast lobby area playing cards and mingling. The postage stamp size pool was full though only 5 kids were in it. The gym was probably the length of 5 cars with plenty of machines and workout equipment. Staff is very friendly. They offered $15 vouchers for the casino (that’s $15 per day so $30 for each of us). We needed extra towels and fitted sheets for the sleep sofa which were delivered promptly. Room for 4 adults was ample though we were in it for less than 24 hours – 2 queen beds and an L-shaped sleep sofa, a sink/microwave/refrigerator counter. Bathroom was in the center of the room – toilet and shower behind the door and sink just outside.

We took the shuttle to and from the casino and never waited more than 5 minutes. The shuttle driver had words with someone at the shuttle stop as we were leaving the casino - we had called so when he pulled up we jumped into the last 4 seats. A couple waiting had been waiting but hadn’t called so he told them he would be back in 5 minutes just for them.

Coffee/tea available 24 hours near front desk as well as apples and lollipops. Breakfast was your typical hotel hot breakfast – they ran out of sausage gravy but everything else ample and tasty. Coffee was delicious. The bus group was lolling around the breakfast area until their bus arrived but we managed to find space for 4 (2 at a time at a table). This hotel and entire area looks fairly new with many eating chains and other hotel options. There is also the mall which we did not visit. Prepare for the busy pace of the traffic.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for your detailed review of our hotel and of your stay. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities. I truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back with us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a good base for a longer term stay--the suite is about the same size of a normal hotel room, but there's a slight partition that creates a nice living room space. We used it for an early bedtime. Free internet and good free breakfast. The indoor pool is small--there is also a hot tub that wasn't working. I was also pleased to discover a coin laundry room on the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: Coin laundry on 3rd floor.
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and truly appreciate the feedback. We hope to see you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Okay, first and foremost, I had to sign a statement indicating I would not have a party on their premises. No problem. I was travelling with my wife and three children. No parties going on there. Unfortunately, when we checked in, we had to make our way around a party that the staff allowed to go on until well after 2AM in FRONT of their building. I didn't mind dodging the partiers with my suitcases, but the problem became apparent when we got to our room. There were several people who had to have been drinking who were laughing loudly, yelling, and generally whooping it up, with all that sound coming straight up to our hotel room on the second floor. Not great, considering we had a 7AM flight that we had to get up for at 5:30 AM. And it made my having to sign that "No-party pledge" all the more insulting. When the front desk clerk asked me about my stay, I told him flatly that our room was directly above that mess out front, and the night man was standing right there who had allowed it to go on for most of the night. I think I got a feeble apology, but really, thanks to that party, I got less than three hours sleep. I am not even sure why I paid for a hotel room. I was asked to report parties as part of my no-party pledge, but seriously. The front desk man was right there listening to it and letting it happen. I didn't need to report it. I was not aware when booking this last night of our trip that a casino was in the area, and if I had known, I would have booked the other Springhill Suites in the BWI area, which is older and less polished looking, but in a much better area for those flying out early. Simply put, stay away, unless you are a casino-goer who wants to live it up.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here if you value sleep. Period.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you had while visiting. As you stated, we do have a no party policy. This is primarily in place to prevent parties in rooms in which guests are most definitely affected and disturbed. We do try our best to keep guests quiet while hanging out in the lobby area, although we do not know that others are being disturbed if we are not notified. I understand our Front Desk Representative was standing right there and could hear them but he did not do anything because he didn't know the noise was bothering anyone. I'm terribly sorry this affected your sleep and stay as we would have happily quieted the group if we had known.

Agian, I appreciate your feedback and am sorry about the noise. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Karen

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My family of 5 stayed their recently as a rest stop before we flew out of BWI the next morning. The rate of the hotel was excellent and the room and amenities were very good. The front desk staff were very nice. The location in proximity to the airport is great, and the selection of restaurants close to the hotel were great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are so happy you enjoyed the hotel and the area. We appreciate you giving us a try and truly hope you stay with us the next time you are in the area.