“Art Workshop with Carolyn Jasper in Havre de Grace, MD”
Review of Vandiver Inn

Vandiver Inn
Reviewed 10 May 2014

In late March 2014, I attended a one-week art workshop at the Vandiver Inn. The owner and staff were very attentive in making me feel welcome; I felt like part of the family. My room with a king size bed and fireplace was clean, comfortable, and cozy. Breakfast and lunch were exceptional. The staff were mindful of my vegetarian diet and impressed me with delicious vegetarian menu. I love it. I hope to go back next year to Vandiver Inn for another art workshop with Carolyn Jasper. She is by far the best art teacher I've ever encountered. Check out her website and be amazed of her talent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tina M

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have been thoroughly enjoying our stays at the Vandiver Inn. Our most recent visit was just as delightful as always. Very nice rooms, superb breakfast, and owners who are an absolute delight. When really good people run a beautiful old inn, the stars line up in the best possible way. Kudos once again and many thanks.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely (we've stayed in half a dozen different rooms over the years). Look...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have been going to Havre de Grace for a decade now, expressly to stay at this inn and to have dinner downtown, as a great little getaway that's only 2 hours from home. The Inn is beautifully maintained and decorated, the breakfasts excellent, and the beds comfortable. This feels like a home away from home, and the owners and staff are wonderful people. There is a pavilion out back in which functions and parties take place regularly, so you aren't guaranteed a completely quiet evening, but that has never been a problem for us. We enjoy the bonhomie, and have never been kept up late by undue noise. We will keep going back!

Room Tip: The "Fair Suite" room (named after a person) is right above an air handler that can be a b...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ProfMAC
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We recently stayed several days at The Vandiver and had a great experience. The owners and the staff are wonderful and really made us feel welcome. Our room was clean, well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. Our breakfasts were great - I loved the sweet potato pancakes!!! From the moment we walked through the front door our experience at the Inn was very positive and we look forward to visiting The Vandiver again soon. My husband and I cannot thank John and Susan Muldoon (the owners) and their staff enough for the wonderful time we spent at their lovely Inn.
Mark & Mary

Room Tip: we enjoyed the Tidings room and they all looked really cozy. We'll try another next time and the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had our wedding at Vandiver on 3/21 and can't say enough good things about them. Their customer service is nothing short of top notch without charging an arm and a leg. They do everything in house from catering to decorating, to unforgettable overnight accommodations- you can not beat this place. Vandiver has so much charm that whenever you say it's name people smile. I'm absolutey thrilled that we choose Vandiver and cannot wait to stay the night again and again. You won't regret your stay here whether it's for your wedding or just because!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Few could say this when planning thier wedding however; the Vandiver was the first and last venue I saw when my wedding planning started. From the time I walked through the door I knew it was where I wanted to have our wedding. My husband was happy with whatever I wanted as long as the food was good :) It was amazing! From day one of my planning John and his staff made this as easy as I could have possibly imagined. The day before we were to get married outside it rained but by the grace of the sun and the staff at the Inn the day of turned out to be perfect. I dont think I could have wish for a better day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica E
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We recently ejoyed a week long stay at the Inn and were more than happy with EVERYTHING! The room was so cozy, the staff was excellent, food was top notch and the atmosphere was extremely relaxing. Everyone who works there makes you feel like you're a part of their family. Can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: We love the Rodgers room!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
#6 of 16 in Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
#7 of 16 in Aberdeen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen

Been to Vandiver Inn? Share your experiences!