“Nice for destination wedding”
Review of Vandiver Inn

Vandiver Inn
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed two nights for a destination wedding at the property. At this B&B we were assigned to the Rebecca Young room which has a comfortable king size bed and AC that we could control in our room. Our room was clean and we had our own bathroom complete with a large Jacuzzi tub. Breakfast was ample. Each morning as soon as we walked in and sat down our server would let us know what was for breakfast that morning and bring it to us. Spinach/feta omelet with bacon and country potatoes, French toast casserole with sausage, and on our last day scrambled eggs, bacon and country potatoes, all served with a buffet of scones or toast, fruit, juices etc...All very tasty. The inn is within 2 or 3 blocks walking distance to restaurants and main street. We also walked the two blocks to the beautiful church for the wedding. The inn did a very nice job of accommodating us for the reception as well in the back garden area. Parking behind the inn was ample for all the guests.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I got married here,last July. We could not have asked for a better wedding venue. The price was the best around and the food was better than any 5 star restaurant I had ever been to. Everyone at our wedding raved about the food. The service was impeccable and thanks to Johanna, my wedding day ran smoother than ever. She was by my side for every single need I had, I didn't have to ask for a thing. John took us from beginning to end and made the experience of getting married a delightful and stress free process. What bride doesn't want that! I would go back here for any holiday, Anniversary or event.I could not have had a better experience. Thank you Vandiver Staff for the most amazing wedding I could have ever dreamed of. You all are AMAZING!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank jessicavivian82
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stopped here after visiting Winterthur. We were somewhat disappointed in the condition of the property, perhaps because of the contrast with the Delaware experience. We believe that the property is somewhat run down, particularly the bathroom we used. The breakfast was generous and tasty but the dining room set-up resembled that if a motel change but without newspapers. The location is really lovely, however. It is right in the heart of Havre de Grace charm.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the Tydings room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alandy2014
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at the Vandiver on July 5th. We just happen to book this not knowing about the town’s awesome July 4th celebration that takes place all weekend. The property is clean and charming. It looks like it would fit in back when the town was founded, yet it wasn't like some pretentious museum where you’re afraid to break something. The staff is so nice a friendly, they were always checking in with us and asking if we needed anything and just making sure we were well taken care of. Although we've been to Havre de Grace many times this was our first overnight stay and I must say that we picked the right place. The location is great, the food was good and the people were friendly. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We decided to stop in Havre De Grace on our way back home and choose to stay in a bed and breakfast instead of a hotel. It was the right choice. I have nothing but good things to say about our stay. The room was large, well furnished and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly and the location was easy walking distance to everything in town. They provided a real breakfast that was delicious. it was our first visit to this town and we will return and stay at the Vandiver again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

For 13 years, my sister and her family have stayed at the Vandiver over the Fourth of July weekend. This is such a great place to stay. Of course, the view of the parade is unbeatable. The breakfasts are culinary treats. The rooms are lovely. The location of the Inn allows one to walk to all the shops and restaurants in town. This place is a gem. The owners, (or should I say hosts), John and Susan are wonderful and caring people. I am a "local," and I highly recommend this Inn for anybody looking to enjoy their stay in Havre de Grace.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank barbelaine1
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I were married at the Vandiver inn 8 years ago. It was beautiful and John was very easy to work with. We recently stayed at the Vandiver inn again because of the great memories and again fell in love with the inn. As a bonus, breakfast was delicious and the staff was top notch.

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havre de Grace
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Residence Inn Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Super 8 Havre De Grace Aberdeen Area

Been to Vandiver Inn? Share your experiences!