“Golf Course Top Rating in Maryland Deserved”

Bulle Rock Golf Club
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Was in Maryland on business but didn't want to miss this gem. I have played a ton of golf, but am still a 15. This place has a similar feel to Hazeltine. However, I would rate it a better golf course. Nearly every hole is unique and beautiful. The greens are fast and smooth. The fairways immaculate. The rough absolutely brutal. The staff is superb and VERY accommodating. This is TOUGH course. Because of the location (wooded, swampy) it is really wet. They have blowers on every green to keep them at least somewhat dry. I am a fast player and this track took about 30 min longer to play than normal. I have to imagine that if I weren't the first one out, it would be a 5 hour round (I played as a single in 2.5 hrs). Water, woods, elevation change, traps -- and you can play it super long from the tips or really manageable from the whites. Hit 'em straight!

All reviews
"doglegs"
"overview"
"md"

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Bulle Rock is the epitome of great golf, well conditioned, an interesting and varied layout, with homes bordering just one hole, upscale service and attention to detail. While expensive, it is worth every penny. It was convenient to I-95 as we were passing through, fortunately found it by using the Forelinksters.com guide to the better public golf courses.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a golf weekend here & every staff member at the place made you feel first class & went out of the way to make you feel at home. The course is tough but awesome views. We were there with a tourny and they gave us bag tags lockers and great service.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

A beautiful, challenging, well maintained golf course. Conditions were pristine and the service was impeccable. The expansive practice area was a real bonus. Many other courses just do not have the real estate available. I was able to get a lot of bunker and chipping practice in before my rounds. It was definitely worth the 3 hours drive and overnight stay. I look forward to my group returning again in 2015.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Played Saturday & Sunday - Memorial Day weekend. course is in great shape. Two cautions: (1) for the ladies - there are no bathrooms on the course except at the turn (2) I made tee times a month in advance and received a confirmation email with the dates and times - got to the course on Saturday and there was no record of my tee time - pulled up the email to show the pro shop. To their credit they acknowledged the error and fit us in but VERIFY YOUR TEE TIMES even if you get an email from them. That email from them is obviously not always correct!!!!! Not sure why a course with this reputation is not using an automated reservation system.