“Wonderful Experience!!”

The Victorian Candle
Ranked #1 of 1 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Adorable bed and breakfast, very reasonable rates. The breakfast was very tasty and the owners made us feel very comfortable. Clean and well maintained. Worth every penny!!! Will stay here again and suggested it to other family members.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Victorian Candle

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed in the Victorian Candle during December 2011 and found it was a lovely place to stay. The host was very hospitable and friendly, the accomodation was very clean and comfortable and overall I enjoyed my stay. The breakfast offered was a great way to start the day.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We discovered this wonderful place last year and returned this year because it was so friendly and quaint. The hosts Susan and Jim are so warm and congenial. If you enjoy eating, this is the place for you! Susan's excellent and creative cooking is a real high point. The very generous breakfast was delicious, very fresh and made to order. The rooms are lovely, clean and spacious. It was just perfect for our needs. We hope to return there next year when we visit southern Maryland. At The Victorian Candle, you have it all: great price/value, scrumptious food, friendly hosts, cozy rooms and wonderful local seafood restaurants.

Room Tip: Many amenities in every room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2011

The Victorian Candle experience was first class! My husband and I celebrated our delayed honeymoon at the "VC" and it was outstanding! The moment we arrived we were greeted by the owners, Jim and Susan. They not only made us feel welcomed but right at home! We have not only recommended this B&B but look forward to our return visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I recently traveled with my family for a wedding in Southern Maryland. We occupied the entire bed and breakfast. Susan and Jim Dexter were most accommodating and the food was both tasty and plentiful. The owners were very happy to satisfy our needs during our stay. I would definitely recommend the Victorian Candle to those traveling in Southern Maryland.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Cozy place located just outside of town. The owner personally made breakfast every morning. This guy must of spent some of his career cooking. The rooms were clean and at a price cheaper than most hotels in the area. The owners went out of their way to make the one week stay the most it could be. I will def. return when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2010

All the rooms were in the basement and not very warm and inviting. The outer layer of safety glass on our outside door had been shattered. The guy didn't even bother to sweep it up until we we actually carry our bags in the door! Result: broken glass bits in our room, a safety hazard, and not a good first impression.

The outside was dump, junk all over the porch, from broken bikes and filthy coolers to blackened grills. Even a junk car in the driveway.

Breakfast was cooked by one person (serving 4) and about 45 minutes later than scheduled, plus he got our orders mixed up. There was a box of dusty brochures by the front door announcing things to see and do in the area. The only trouble was they were 3 years old.

Checking in took an hour because their computers were down and they made us write all our details on scraps of paper. This was after they ambled around looking for the paper scraps.

I accidentally left my nightgown behind and it took them 6 weeks to send it back to me. I kept calling and leaving messages but adult son and hubby said they'd have the lady of the house get back to me. She never returned my calls; I happen to catch her at home after call #5. She promised she would mail the nightgown back that weekend. She had been really busy at work (she had another job) and couldn't get to it sooner. Well, 3 weeks later it arrived. Apparently neither hubby nor adult son was capable of going to the post office.

In all, very unorganized, inefficient, and unprofessional. Hand your money over to the local motel instead.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lunariver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
#1 of 1 in Chesapeake Beach
Island Inn and Suites
Island Inn and Suites
#1 of 1 in Piney Point
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)

Been to The Victorian Candle? Share your experiences!