“Beautiful and comfortable”

Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed here for a weekend during my cousin's wedding, in a 2-bedroom suite. Great location, calm area, close to shops and family-friendly. This particular hotel is definitely at the top end of Marriott hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ifeanyi O
eadams, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Residence Inn Hunt Valley. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Really great hotel. I took advantage of almost all the amenities. Pool was nice, though not as relaxing with the toys provided for kids to play with. I had to be aware of flying toys, but that didn't detract from the pool too much (HINT PERFECT FOR FAMILIES). Gym was amazing, so much more stuff included than your typical gym: Free weights, Universal Machine, at least 2 tredmills, and 2 elipiticals (I think), and the core balls. Breakfast was absolutely great way to start off the day and saved me easily $20 getting something similar elsewhere. They even kept it open weekend hours on Labor day, which was above and beyond what other hotels I have seen do. Staff all around were very helpful, from the shuttle driver, to front desk staff. There was even a gentleman who cleaned up Thank you all for an amazing stay.

Room Tip: First floor includes the gym and pool. If you want quieter rooms, probably best to be on the 3rd-5t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dave J

Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Residence Inn Hunt Valley. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and fitness center. I will be sure to tell the lifeguard to keep the flying toys to a minimum :) We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stay a Marriott hotel alot and chose the residence Inn as we had my 76 yr old mother on vacation with us as well as they alow our small dogs. This Residence Inn exceeded my expectations. I am sure it is fairly new but it is like a top of the line Marriott hotel. The breakfast was fantastic, the room was so clean and had all our needs met. The front desk couldn't get us on a ground floor as requested but they put is in the next best thing 2nd floor next to the door for easy in and out with the dogs. Very thoughtful . Housekeepping staff was very attentive and freindly. Just an overall great stay. Would highly recommend. Breakfast can get a little crowded towards the later morning so I suggest earlier the better as it is not to be missed. I all most forgot this hotel has a nice shopping center across the street with trendy shops, a grocery store and nice variety of restaurants. Again just an overall great place to stay righ outside of Baltimore. 20 min drive to Baltimore Warf 50 minute drive to DC.

Room Tip: Elevator is in the middle of hotel, so if you don't like to walk far from the elevator I am sure...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen A

Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Residence Inn Hunt Valley. I will pass on your wonderful comments to the rest of the hotel staff. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Great hotel...rooms spacious and clean and the staff can't do enough for you. I had a headache after a day of working and asked the front desk if they had any Tylenol. They searched and said no. About an hour later, there was a knock on my door. Someone went to the local store to purchase the Tylenol and handed it to me and guess what, there was no charge. I just can't say enough kind things about this hotel. They do everything possible to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Not really considered a five-star hotel but it has five-stars in my opinion. Oh yes, the complimentary breakfast is an added bonus.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TwoshoesWO

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Residence Inn Hunt Valley. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the comment about our staff going above and beyond getting you the Tylenol, we hope that helped. Give us a call next time you travel to the Baltimore area!

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

So I wasn't really feeling the Labor Day vibe in NYC this year. I decided that since most people were coming into NY, I would get out.. Luckily, I did some research and saw that Maryland was having a state fair. I packed my bags and my daughter and I headed out. Awesome! Everyone in the hotel was so friendly and helpful. Booked a studio room which was absolutely cozy.John (sweetest guy ever) drove us to the state fair and picked us back up on time. Yes, they will take you anywhere you need to go within a 3 mile radius. After the state fair, I winded down and relaxed in the whirlpool while my daughter and a few of the other kids splished and splashed in the indoor pool. The downside to this place is that there is no restaurant; however they do provide complimentary breakfast and evening social gatherings. There are many restaurants in the area to choose from and the hotel is just a few minutes away from the lightrail. I would have given it an overall 5 if the hotel was equipped with a restaurant. My labor day weekend was fun; had a few big kid moments. Best part is I spent quality time with my munchkin. Thanks to the Marriot staff! I will be back again!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Intrigue L
eadams, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Residence Inn Hunt Valley hotel. We are thrilled that you and your daughter had a great experience in Baltimore. The state fair is a great event. I will pass along your comments to John and I am sure he will be thrilled to get the recognition. Hopefully we will see you again next time you take a road trip to the Baltimore area.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This place was awesome! I mean REALLY AWESOME! the rooms are super spacious- which I suppose they should be if your staying awhile on business. The staff was great, the rooms were updated and clean and modern! The view . . . . Not really one there, but wasn't an issue for us. Delicious breakfast complimentary!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kim r
eadams, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Kim,

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and I will pass on your comments to the rest of the staff. We hope to see you again when you return to the Hunt Valley area.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Hotel is very nice & clean. Staff are friendly & helpful. Shuttle was definitely a plus who gave us a ride just to pick up dinner. Breakfast was good. Room is good with some stains on carpet. One of the cabinets in kitchen has several candy wrappers which means it was never cleaned. Told front desk about it first night. Left for a few hours next day & housekeeping cleaned room but same cabinet still have the same candy wrappers. Good thing I had some Lysol wipes with me.

Room Tip: Bring Lysol wipes :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
eadams, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for the review of the Residence Inn Hunt Valley. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunt Valley
Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!