“tons of room”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Chicago, Illinois
“tons of room”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We had to get together as a large family for a funeral last Sept. and came from all over the country. We rented 3 of the the larger rooms with a kitchen and two qn beds. We had 4 people sleeping just in our room but at the gathering had ten to twelve people total when we ate dinner and to sit by the fireplace and talk. There was a lot of room and it felt like an apartment.
The staff was so accomodating to our needs, helpful through this extremly rough time, and compassionate to the children with us. I would stay again!

Room Tip: The rooms with a fireplace and queens are great if you are a traveling family
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TC F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 24 January 2013

What a disaster. Our primary issue was bugs (roaches for the most part - at least I think the majority of what we were seeing on the bathroom and kitchen counters were baby roaches but there were several types of bugs throughout the room). The whole place was in poor maintenance and it appeared while effort was being made to do updates/repairs, those updates did not appear to be quality (i.e. paint different colors on patches on the walls). We had problems with the TV, remotes didn't work, couldn't change channels. The room was not cleaned the 2nd day of our stay. The door lock appeared to have been broken into at one time and therefore did not close properly. I had to lean on it and lift in order to get deadbolt to engage. This caused me fear for safety when in the room.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank dawn121_13

Travellers are raving about these Hunt Valley hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel because we are having some construction work done at our house and thought it would be good to have extra room for our daughter, the kitchen and it was close to Wegmans etc.. It looked good online, I got a good price so I booked it .. (prepaid) then I decided to read the reviews.. Glad I did .. I was leery especially when i was asked to sign a form talking about a $450.00 fee for cleaning, absolutely no parties etc.. I've never had to sign a form like that ever..
I told the clerk I am going to check out the room. I went to room 112.. There was no flat screen TV only a very old TV sitting on a table I. Front of the fireplace, the couch had 1 very large hole and another smaller hole in the upholstery, the bathroom needed serious new plasterwork and paint, then I looked up at the ceiling to find a huge area of black mold, obvious water damage! The place was just not kept up at all.. Holes in the wall by the bed.. Ugh.. I immediately went back to the desk and told the clerk and manger that my family would not be staying I calmly explained the issues and also mentioned I had concerns already to begin with because of the reviews online... They refunded my money.. No questions asked! Hmmm.. Incidentally I forgot my CC, the clerk called me up and I went right back to get it.. When I got there a couple was at the desk complaining they had NO HOT WATER..

Stayed January 2013
6 Thank poblead
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

Like many others, our stay here is non-refundable (we're still here and I cannot wait to check out tomorrow!) but if it was, we'd have taken off two days ago.

There's nothing wrong with older hotels, as long as they're maintained. This one os not maintained. I think people live here permanently. There are a couple guys sanding down and spray-painting a car in the parking lot as I type.

Maid service: horrible. Our maid came only once, at 7:30 am, and while she was here, she splashed water all over the kitchen counters and floor. There was a huge puddle on the floor when we got back, and all the food in boxes on our counter was ruined.

They give you two thin, moderately clean towels. No washcloths. The towel for the floor in the bathroom is an ordinary towel that's been cut in half.

There is no water pressure in the kitchen sink. I mean none--it's a dribble.

The floors and couch are filthy. The walls are in terrible disrepair, paint chipping, cracks...

The bathtub: wear shower shoes.

The wi-fi is pretty much no-fi. If you can get it to connect, it immediately disconnects.

If you can find another hotel in your budget, do. Had I seen this place before we paid (we're here on a military move) we would have spent more to go elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Angie J
charlotte
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We paid in advance for a four night stay. After arriving and getting our key cards, we drove around to our room. Garbage overflowing the dumpsters, bags of garbage by the walkways, grass not mown, in general the place looked like it hadn't been kept up in years. Got to our room, keycards didn't work, and the door had been broken, then partially repaired, you could push it in about an inch, it wasn't in the frame correctly. I went back to the front desk to get the keys corrected and we entered the room. Bugs (probably from the garbage outside) and surfaces were filthy. We decided that we weren't comfortable staying there. Of course, we had paid in advance through Hotels One, no chance of getting our money back (I've tried), but it was worth the expense. We stayed down the road at the Marriott Courtyard, very nice. Amazing that this place stays in business, but if you collect money in advance, and it doesn't matter if guests approve or not, perhaps this business model works. At least, they save money by not spending any on the facility.

Room Tip: Use another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank garysspaulding
Tinicum, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stayed here on 9/29/12 for one night. The room was nice and relatively clean, however, there was a pair of dirty socks stuffed inside the pull out coach. The plumbing is also really loud and each time a neighboring room flushed the toilet or used the sink it woke us up. The continental breakfast was decent and so was the customer service. Not the greatest place, but not bad for the 90 bucks we spent to stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nick D
hpt
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I arrived shortly after 3PM and much to my surprise the room was ready!

This hotel has been dinged repeatedly for NOT being "together" for its arriving guests.
Its clear that this is a former apt community, that now is more like an extended stay. I requested a KING suite, on the second floor. *** Be advised, the fireplace is ONLY available for Queen sized room**** so , I had to take a smaller size bed to get this feature. This is not fully disclosed online. They have a small evening reception (HOT & COLD tea/coffee & a hot food item).
The breakfast is typical cont. style. There is an outdoor pool/hot tub and a basketball court, just ask front desk for a ball. Speaking of their front desk, Ashley was pleasant with not only me, but other guests...even on the phone and pushy/flirty guys. She found me a log to burn in my fireplace! ( I appreciate it...........it helped me enjoy my wine & time off) My room keys worked without any incidents, like others reported. The lobby has plenty of chairs and 2 computers and a printer. A fax and laundry facilities are available for 1.50/load.

There is a Wegmans, Cali Pizza, Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Sears, etc... down the street, and a Wal-Mart around the corner. They offer COMP Wi-Fi, there is a FULL size kitchen, oven, dishwasher, microwave, plates, can / wine openers, toaster, and a nice marble-top desk working area. A mini-deck area is also available for fresh air moments...The living area furniture is modern & TV is mounted over the fireplace.

Downsides:
A few of the lights were missing or inoperable, a couple carpet stains, aged wood stairs/railing, the TV slants at an awkward angle and the CORDS are exposed…but they do offer a decent channel selection. The pool area is outdoors and near the pine trees….need I say <any> more…? It is not well maintained. The property IS OFF of the main road and really secluded. It is pass a McCormick seasoning factory and another BIG factory and many small business complexes. Some rooms face large, red dumpsters....I guess, they are rehabing certain areas on the property. The layout of the property or best parking for your bldg # can be slightly confusing at first...

It is quiet and only on occasion did I hear anyone entering/leaving their room. Overall for 60/bux couldn't beat it. They will request a photo ID along with your CC....but you can pay cash/debit upon departure. Being in the area for a training at another property around the corner and NOT liking that space, I am glad that I <tried> this place. Give them a try....

Room Tip: Request 2nd floor Request fireplace
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank pky_pook
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunt Valley
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley
Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley

Been to Quality Suites Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!