Quality Suites Hunt Valley
HolidayInn.com
US$61
US$56
Red Roof
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I stayed for three night on business. The check-in process was smooth and I was very satisfied with the room. The property is a little bit old so there are some aspects that are a little worn but it is kept clean and functions well. The entire property feels more like an apartment complex. A daily continental breakfast is available however I didn't really care for the options. They had a couple of cereal choices, oatmeal, pastries and a monthly menu of hot dishes. I can see how this would be great for long term guests but I really just wanted the basics such as eggs.

My only concern related to the window coverings which were vertical blinds in my unit and a number of others. Being a woman traveling alone and on the first floor it really bothered me that anyone wkalkinb by could see intoy room and specifically the bed/bathroom end of the unit. I was able to rig a towel and use the ironing board to block the gap but would caution others of this aspect of the room.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank NeedMoreVacations08
Reviewed 1 November 2010

After reading other reviews of Chase Suites in Hunt Valley I had fairly high expectations. We booked a two-bedroom suite with Queen beds for a weekend stay. When we arrived the hotel only had a basic room available with two double beds. I understand this kind of overbooking can happen, but in this case we had prepaid the entire rate for the upgrade at booking time and still got down-bumped. When we asked about a refund for the difference the hotel was not helpful, and referred us to the booking agency.

The room itself was moderately worn. There was a noisy whine from the water pipes whenever the surrounding bathrooms were used, which was a distraction. There were no toiletries (soap/shampoo/etc) in the bathroom. The TV in the room was a small unit that was not visible from the beds. There was no wireless internet in the room; the wired internet jack had trouble working; that may have been the room or us though.

Of note, the parking on the side of the hotel where we were located seemed inadequate for the number of rooms. As a result it was completely full both nights we stayed there, resulting in a significant walk in the dark around the hotel.

Breakfast on the Saturday was OK. Breakfast on Sunday was poor, the hot component was a biscuit with gelatinous gravy that looked very unappetizing; only a few sad looking apples were left for fruit.

Next time we are in the area we will probably look elsewhere for lodging.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rob78224
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Although the room was clean and spacious there were quite a few things missing. The staff was eager to please and very helpful. although the kitchenwas supposed to be full furnished it had only basic ironwood and minimal dishes-the room could sleep 4 but there were only dishes for 2 when we arrived. The maintance staff was fantastic and went out of their way to help get things we needed - tables, chairs, desk as well as replacing broken items. The almost comical thing was for the 17 days we were there we asked for a spatula and it never appeared! Small things like that were a small hassle.

The property is well situated just off the Interstate as well as Berlin close to the Warren Road lightrail staItion.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Exploradus
Management response:Responded 19 October 2010

Glad to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and spacious. However, I was troubled to hear of the issues you had with the items in the kitchen. I will get in touch with our housekeeping department to make sure that all items are in the room when our guests arrive.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope to see you again soon!

All the best,

-Management

Reviewed 9 September 2010

First the good: The room (a king studio) was large and comfortable and mostly clean. It was L-shaped with a nicely-appointed kitchen (dishwasher, frig, stove). It would have been hard, though, to prepare a full meal with the limited stock of pans, utensils etc. on hand. We were in a quiet back corner of the complex, which includes several apartment-like buildings with exterior entrances. The hotel is very close to the light rail that travels into Baltimore, thus saving on the hassles and expense of driving and parking. Several restaurants are within a short drive, although nothing is within walking distance.
And the not so good: We did not have bath towels in the room and didn't realize it until my husband was looking for one after his shower. I don't know if it was an oversight, or one of the idiosyncracies of staying at a long-term hotel. We had a two-night guaranteed reservation that I'd made several weeks before arrival. When we arrived the first evening of our planned stay, we were told that the hotel had overbooked, and they were going to put us up at a Holiday Inn down the street. Unfortunately, one of the reasons I'd booked this hotel is for the kitchen (I had a cooler of food I'd just purchased from a health food store, and I needed to keep it frozen). For a number of reasons, we always try to have a kitchen in our room when we travel--and we were being moved to a standard room. The Holiday Inn also did not include breakfast in the rate--another reason we'd booked this hotel. While Chase paid for our night at the Holiday Inn, and offered to put my food in a freezer in their kitchen overnight, it was not the best of options--and we had to pack everything up the next morning and return for the 2nd night of our stay at Chase. All in all it was fairly disruptive. The desk clerk was sympathetic and tried to be helpful; I realize this was beyond her control, but we were, nevertheless, inconvenienced. In all my travels--and they are extensive, I've never been "overbooked" and shifted to an alternate hotel. I've given the "service" rating a 2--that does not reflect my interactions with the staff who were all accommodating; it reflects the attitude of managment.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Libtrav
Management response:Responded 14 October 2010

I was so happy to hear that you found our rooms to be spacious and enjoyed the benefits of our full suites. Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on our hotel however, it is obvious that we didn't live up to our own goal of having 100% satisfied guests and for that I offer my apologies. We have recently made some changes and I think you will find that the next time you are in the area we will not only meet your expectations but exceed them!

We hope to see you again in the near future!

-Management

Reviewed 22 August 2010

Check-in was a little rocky, as the desk person was unfamiliar with direct bill process for corporate travel. Since I had only 10 minutes to get to my destination, he took the number and promised hat it would be fixed. When I got back later that afternoon, he had learned what and how to do, and was able to process the reservation at the correct rate.The room was a pleasant surprise, although I also had an ant problem in the kitchen. Internet was wired only, and not long enough to sit on the couch or bed, only was able to sit at the breakfast bar. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank sk8momy
Management response:Responded 14 October 2010

I am pleased to hear that you had a good experience with us during your last stay! In regards to the issues we had with the billing process for corporate travel, I apologize. We were just starting out learning the process and it did take us a little extra time to get all the procedures ironed out. However, we are now well versed in those procedures and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

All the best,