“excellent Maryland seafood”
Review of Barrett's Grill

Barrett's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Barrett's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Hunt Valley
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: York Road
Description: Barrett’s Grill Restaurant specializes in chef-prepared, scratch American cuisine. We'll tempt your every sense with an unforgettable culinary experience!
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Crab soup and crab cakes are excellent. With the snow storm in Baltimore, I decided to order for take out and the service is excellent.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Take in mind when you read this review, that any comments are constructive rather than destructive. When my associate and I arrived at the restaurant, the "young Lady" immediately said she didn't think there was a table for us without a reservation. I said ok, we were from out of town and were able to go elsewhere. She gave us a look as though that was a no no. She immediately said that she was going to check and came back with, Lo and Behold, an empty table. The place was crowded but there were a few empty tables. I was very pleased that there was a jazz trio playing dinner type music. A very nice plus for the middle of week. It was a cold night and before we ordered dinner my associate and I ordered soup. I had the crab and corn chowder/bisque. He ordered the black bean soup which was his favorite. My pet peeve with restaurants is they don't serve "hot " soup. I took one taste and it was tepid at best. The server hadn't gotten 4 feet away when I asked him to heat it up. When it came back it was not only hot but really good. My associate said his soup was cool but he loved it so much he didn't want to send it back.

For entrees I ordered the short ribs and he ordered his favorite meat loaf, which the waitress said would be with a kick in it. He said it was as advertised and very good. My short ribs were very good. I have a suggestion which is put some extra sauce on the short ribs so that they wouldn't taste a little dried out. Don't get me wrong, they were delicious. Over all this was a very good restaurant, delightful and reasonable and very enjoyable. I highly recommend it for a nice evening. The service was second to none and with a few minor changes to some of the things I stated, I would have given it a 5 star rating.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

A recent lunch at Barratts was a real eye opener. This is NOT your typical shopping center eatery. Our server, from Albania was knowledgable, courtly and efficient. Our lunch was up to the high standards of the server. A very pleasant experience overall.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have eaten at Barrett's several times during the last 6 months. The most recent was for New Year's Eve. We started out in the bar enjoying cocktails until our table was ready. We were seated on time based on our 7:30 reservation. Dinner was not rushed and we received great service. Dinner is always very good and it didn't disappoint this time either. We didn't stay to ring in the New Year but enjoyed our time while we were there. Will certainly be back.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Four of us had an early dinner here on New Years Eve, and all of us were extremely pleased with the service and quality of food, even on one of the busiest nights of the year. The manager there has always been very accomodating and the wait staff excellent. We will continue to go to Barrett's for our "special occasion dinners". Bravo Barrett's.

Been to Barrett's Grill? Share your experiences!