“great barrier pot”
Review of Joes Crab Shack - CLOSED

Joes Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The picture looks alot better than what you get. The quantity is lot less than what it shows. I think it's overpriced.

2  Thank Tboy999

Reviewed 10 September 2013

The atmosphere is cool as is the location. All kinds of things to look at from clocks set to times in different parts of the world and very eclectic. On the loud side of things. If you read my reviews on a regular basis I am not very fussy and usually are mid of the road but I can not do this for Crab Shack. Living in the North East and seeing their commercials on TV and discovered that there one close by I had to try it. I have to admit i was pretty excited to be here. So maybe, just maybe that is why I was so disappointed. I ordered the Great Barrier and was extremely disappointed. Came with three dry dry crab legs, mussels were probably New Zealand and the Clams were small rubbery and enough old bay seasoning to sink a boat. Not worth the price or not even close to the price. The corn as well and way over cooked. Go some place else. Waiter knew exactly where to hide.

1  Thank tophat411
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We have eaten at Joe's Crab Shack in Newport, Kentucky several times, so we already had expectations in place as we have always enjoyed great food and a good time there.

This Joe's wasn't as organized in terms of the wait staff. Our waiter was very nice and got our order correct, but another waiter came to give up an appetizer we didn't order. When they did their typical dance to/with the audience, it was very awkward and unorganized with the wait staff not fully participating.

My son ordered the Corona Crab Pot and we ordered fried shrimp platters. He enjoyed his crab pot, but our shrimp was ok. The batter seemed "milly". After half the shrimp, my stomach felt kind of queasy from the batter. My husband agreed it wasn't "Newport" quality and tasted different. It wasn't spoiled food, don't get me wrong, just the combo of grease and batter didn't set well with me.

The other thing was they didn't have a nice shop with souvinirs either. You could buy a shirt or a glass, but that was it.

We would not venture back to this particular Joe's as there are many other places we could eat in this area. We will just save our Joe's experiences for Newport which is about 3 hours away from where we live when we take in a Red's game.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Came into Joe's crab shack on 31 aug 2013 at about 4:45 pm. From the door I could see the place was half full if that. Waited with about ten other people ahead of me waiting to be seated. Waited at least 10 mins. Several employees came out saw us waiting and went back to what ever they where doing. Not waiting to spend my money on overpriced so so food.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Always saw an ad on TV for Joes Crab Shack, but there isn't one close to our home. Was delighted when we stayed in Hunt Valley and saw that this restaurant was there. Everything was great. Staff was friendly and efficient, food was very good, and a fun atmosphere.