“We Will Go Back”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beaver Dam Road
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The service and ambiance were top notch. The piano is such a nice touch. The salads, steak and crab cake were excellent. The only shortcoming was the bland desserts. We chose the Restaurant Week fixed price menu, which made the meal affordable for us, but if we go back we will skip the desserts. Apple crisp should have some flavor.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I often dine at The Oregon Grille serving classic American cuisine in northern Baltimore County. This 19th century farmhouse, nestled in the County’s horse country, offers an award-winning wine list and is a go-to venue for special occasions.

During last night’s visit, I decided to eat a bit more casually at the bar where I was greeted by Mark, a consummate professional who is very courteous and accommodating. He also has a great memory recalling my Partner’s name and asking if he’d be joining me.

After my usual cocktail, I decided to indulge in the Lobster Fra Diablo served with a Brazilian lobster tail and a spicy marinara sauce on a bed of perfectly cooked linguine. It was a winner—the lobster was grilled to perfection, very tender with a satisfying “crunch” to it. The sauce was perfectly spiced with just enough “bite” for my palate. I highly recommend it.

So if you are in the mood for a more casual dining experience, try The Oregon Grille’s bar menu. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My wife and I and a friend went to Oregon Grille on a Friday night for dinner. We were seated upstairs along a back wall and I was seated facing that wall. The room was delightful in lighting and décor. BUT, my seat faced a brightly halogen lit service entryway that was blinding! Totally ruined the ambience. The waitperson said that she would try to lower the light, but you know how that goes. No offer to move us. two of us ordered the prime rib, which was tough. In fact, the food was average at best, with only the dessert offering a true "dining out" experience. The service was prompt and competent and the wine list was good. We had a fine chianti/Tuscan type wine (from Napa) that was very good!
But, at the price, I expected a better experience, not just the experience one gets when simply avoiding cooking in.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Visited The Oregon Grille for dinner on a freezing cold January night. While waiting on the rest of our party, we were invited to relax in the bar until they arrived. We were seated next to a charming wood burning fireplace and enjoyed the warmth. Once our friends arrived, we were escorted to our table located in an enclosed porch. Tom was our server and he was perfectly attentive without hovering. I enjoyed my Grille salad and especially loved the crab cake accompanied by tiny string beans that were bursting with flavor. Capped off the evening with a yummy apple crisp complete with melting vanilla ice cream. The staff was kind and gracious, the atmosphere was cozy, the food was outstanding and the service was perfect. Looking forward to our next visit. Many thanks to Tom for such a nice night out!

1  Thank Jetsetterjill
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I don't eat here often, because the cost of a meal that I like and that fills me up is too expensive for a regular thing. The bar, however, has some happy hours with reasonably priced drinks and nice, free items to nibble on.

For restaurant week, I immediately went off the fixed-price menu and ordered a martini. It tasted good, but for $11.50 I found it to be a meager portion. The complimentary tapenade (two kinds) tasted good. The roll was pretty good as well. For an appetizer, I chose the "tuna stack," which was raw tuna layered on top of some mango layered onto avocado, with mild wasabi sauce drizzled on top of the "stack." I enjoyed this very much. Thinking that I would still be hungry eating only off of the fixed-price menu, I ordered an "appetizer of the day" that was described as being oysters covered by crab imperial. It turned out to be three oysters lightly covered in what I suppose could be classified as crab imperial. It tasted reasonably good, but when the bill arrived, and I saw that the appetizer was priced at twenty-one dollars, I regretted ordering it (it wasn't "twenty one dollars good" :) ). For my main course, I had the crabcake and green beans. The crab cake was good. It was a bit small, and it was not the very best that I have had in Baltimore. The beans were fresh and good. For dessert, I ordered the apple crisp (w. vanilla ice cream). There was a great deal more "crisp" than "apple," and my impression was that it was a bit dry and needed more apples, some lemon juice, a touch of cinnamon, and more butter in the "crisp." The ice cream was good. For the restaurant week price, I enjoyed the limited-choice meal. I understand that the filet main course was very good, as was the maple cheesecake dessert. The two items that I ordered off of regular menus, taking price into account, were a disappointment. If judged only by taste, service, and atmosphere, it was an enjoyable experience that I would like to repeat.