“Beautiful location and a good experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley

Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Silver Spring, MD
“Beautiful location and a good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Obtained as a pre-paid stay, we really were pleased with this Courtyard. It is well laid out. An interesting item is the open-bistro situation that makes this restaurant and bar a part of the entrance lobby. It took some getting used to, but it made the lobby a living organism. Although we chose not to eat there, we were still impressed.

Their computer center was convenient and likewise open to the lobby. My wife liked the pool, though its hours were abbreviated due to their having a lifeguard there whenever it was open.

Our room was very comfortable and clean, though a bit on the small size. I had chosen a handicapped room with a bathtub, and I was pleased with my choice.

As far as dining went, there were lots of restaurants on York Rd., just a half mile from the hotel. We chose a great Indian restaurant for dinner--The India Palace, about 3.5 miles from the hotel, south on York Rd. to a left on Cranbrook Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030--(410) 628-6800. Another notable place just a quarter mile from the hotel is Wegman's, and they have tons of food served in food bars, plus all their groceries; they are open for all meal times.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear RJSSY,
Hello and thank you for your awesome feedback. Especially on the review for the India Palace, since I have to shy away from this type of cuisine due to a spice allergy, I appreciate the thumbs-up for them. There are plenty of eateries and shopping in our area, close to the Interstate as well! We like the Bistro for our wings; our favorite Asia Thai. Maybe next time you can give them a try.
Thank you for your review once again. We are so glad you found us and enjoyed yourself in our hometown.
Hope to see you again soon, LMKyle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sandy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Been here a few times it just works the for road traveler. Resturant options nearby are good and hotel is clean and nice.
Hotel made an effort to make me feel welcome and to me thats important.
I appreciate the cleanliness of my room and do not notice issues that concern me. I liked the higher floors as it seems quieter at night while sleeping.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bruce B
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Hello Bruce B/Sandy,
Thank you for your graciousness. We understand it is sometime hard being on the road and we want to make sure you have a place to unwind to receive the respite you need when traveling. We like our location too, so you can get that rest. Yet not too far away from the Hunt Valley Towne Centre and I-83 access, as you well know.
It gives me great pleasure to share your warm comments with my team. To hear you are welcomed and feel comfortable while here is wonderful affirmation.
May you have many sweet dreams,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

i have stayed here since shortly after they opened. courtyards usually have very pleasant and helpful employees, but the employees here have been super and they are a major reason i keep returning.

over the decades the lobby has been renovated a number of times but i don't know that the new image is significantly better than the original. like another reviewer i miss the complimentary coffee in the lobby. yes, i know i can pay for starbucks coffee or make my own in my room. but in the morning my wife likes to sleep in while i go to the louge for a cup of coffee while i read the newspapers. it just annoys me that i have to purchase starbucks when many hotels provide a complimentary breakfast. i know it's a minor complaint compared to war in afghanistan....

the hot tub has been filled in. i understand it is because complying with ada requirements was too expensive. a well-intentioned law hurts all.

normally the guests are quiet. on a recent visit people were making noise in the hall at midnight. i suspect they were part of a wedding party. not the hotel's fault of course and it was an unusual problem for a courtyard. I really like this motel and the employees. it's like a second home.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank 365ekr
Good Afternoon Mr. 365ekr,

Thank you so much for your awesome comments about our hotel. A great big thank you for your over-the-years continued loyalty and support. I know if you have seen at least three lobby changes we must have met! It makes me especially happy that you are comfortable and the team takes care you, especially well.
Next time you are in, let’s have a coffee together, my treat.
Safe journeys, LKyle221
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for business. The staff was super friendly and helpful, but the hotel itself just has an old, tired vibe to it. The sheet on my bed looked like it had been washed a million times to the point where it was see through and soft. I asked for sheets to be brought up and I got nice new crisp ones - why weren't these on the bed originally? It's little things like this that upset me because they are so easy to fix and ensure you have happy customers. The sink plug was broke so no water drained out of the sink - don't you think housekeeping would know this when they were cleaning the room and get it fixed before the next guest arrived? Instead I had to call maintenance and get it fixed. It took five minutes, but i had to do it. Again, just old and tired. But the front desk staff and maintenance were great and very friendly.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Novakat93
LKyle221, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hello Novakat93,
I appreciate the honest feedback about the hotel. I will make sure the staff is aware of your nice comments. Also about the small, and especially, fixable, detailed items that we missed while you were here. We do have a reporting system in place for our housekeepers, and will review it again. We strive to become the best in Hunt Valley and this will be a step for us in our journey. Thank you again for your time and your loyalty.
Warm regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My company showed up a day early and somehow manage to get a room last minute here. The rate was very good and the updated rooms they enjoyed. This Courtyard was remodeled over the past year. The lobby is was updated to match other Courtyards. The rooms are all remodel compare to what it was and you can tell unlike other hotels which say remodel and just put a coat of paint on it. The staff was very friendly and helped my company. Overall I think my company will stay here again! I was impress with everything as well when I went to visit them before our day trips and hang out with them at night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JBonn659
LKyle221, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
JBonn659,
Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel. I am so glad that both you and your company enjoyed our hotel. We certainly do enjoy meeting all our guests and their guests. I will pass on your comments to my well deserving associates. Just a quick FYI, our Courtyard BISTRO is open to the public for breakfast and dinner daily. If you like Starbucks, that is all day long. When you drop in for coffee or next time guests are in, please stop by the front desk to say hello
Proctorville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Our son was accepted into the Sound of America Honor band and chorus which involved him staying several days at Elizabethtown College and then embarking on a 17 day trip to Europe. He would stay in the dorms at the college most of the time.

We scouted out hotels near the area (within an hour) as we would be there for 5 nights. It was the week of July 4th, so prices were inflated, not to mention it was very near to Hershey Park Amusement Park. So, we had a double whamee with this particular trip.

I found the Marriott Courtyard which seemed to be located in a residential setting away from the "hubbub" of congestion. We could not have been happier with this hotel. It was EXACTLY as protrayed on the internet.

Across from it was a quaint mainly outdoor mall with a separate Wegman's grocery in the square. This would come in particularly handy since the room was equipped with a modern kitchenette with all the extras. Plates, silverware, pans were included along with fridge, stove, microwave, and coffeepot. The living room was also spacious with flat screen tv. The bedroom was separated by a door...yay and the bed was comfortable! The staff were ALWAYS helpful and friendly. The free continental was the typical type you would expect and they offered scrambled (powder) eggs and 1 meat.

I would definitely go back if we need to stay near Hershey Park again. It was also close to the Baltimore harbor area, which was a rain out on the day we decided to go. We did not use the pool or excercise room, but they both looked nice and were depicted properly in the photos. The FREE wireless internet came in handy as well.

Normally, I can find something "bad" or "subpar" to say about a hotel stay, but I was extremely satisfied with this stay.

Room Tip: When I book, I always ask for a room away from the elevator, upper floor and ice machine vending are...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank dlblevins
LKyle221, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Hello Mr. dlblevins,
Thank you for such a glowing report about Marriott International. I am happy you enjoyed the Hunt Valley area while you were here. I believe you were at our sister property only 5 blocks away from our location. However, we would love the opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you are in the area.
Tipp City, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I know that Courtyards are geared toward business travelers, but we have always enjoyed the atmosphere and design of Courtyards for family vacations.

We recently stayed at this Courtyard on a family vacation. The design of the sink being outside of the toilet/shower room works great, especially for families/multiple people in the room. The room was very comfortable and the beds comfortable and clean.

I did not give 5 stars/Excellent rating for 1 reason and it is a corporate one (other Courtyards have it): the lack of the free breakfast and the inclusion of a "Bistro" where you must pay for everything. Coffee is now Starbucks--you must go to your room for a "free" cup of coffee. Considering that we are already paying a premium for a Courtyard room, the removal of the free breakfast stings. It is a tacked-on extra expense that must be included in your planning. I felt sorry for families I saw paying for the breakfast. I wondered if they had planned on that expense.

And the food was lousy--not as good as the "free breakfast" used to be.

The remodeled lobby was very modern and the plants/grass they used for decorations there and in the Bistro made me think they had been brought from the planet Zenon. (Who has orange grass?!) What a contrast to the lobby with a free cup of coffee on arrival and a relaxing, homey feel and a free breakfast!

Otherwise, the staff was friendly and helpful. Everything seemed clean and in working order. I would definitely stay here again, planning on the extra expense of breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TJD76
LKyle221, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Hello TJD76,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel and the great staff acknowledgements. I agree that travel especially with children can easily add up. I am not sure if you were aware, but at times we do offer a weekend rate including breakfast for the family.
I sometimes assist the team in the Bistro and noticed, on the kids menu, the best bet is the French Toast. Depending on the children's age, one order is enough for two little ones--a tip passed on by a couple of moms.
When you return to the area, please reach out to us so we may further assist you. Again thank you for your time. Take care.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunt Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!