“Business stay”

Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Reviewed 5 April 2014

As people who read my reviews know, I usually stay in hilton properties but travel booked me into the courtyard. The adverts courtyard run show their exact hotels, I like it. Check in was awesome, the checkin clerk was friendly, helpful and a great asset to the courtyard. Rooms are comfortable, beds very nice and bathroom layout worked for me! I would have preferred a standup shower vs a shower bath combo, and just to be super picky the towels on the first night were old and thin. The breakfast area is great with Starbucks coffee and quick breakfast items. One watch out - they don't open until 7am on Saturday.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Located in a corporate park. Nothing particularilly outstanding. Staff was friendly. The corporate park is located across the street from a very nice mall with many interesting restaurants and shops to browse.

Room Tip: Breakfast not included.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stillmoose
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Not great. The hotel is very old. We used points to stay there so I was fine with it... but if we were paying I'd be disappointed. It needs lots of remodeling. Our staff interaction was very short but we did not have a bad experience. Free parking is great and it's very close to a mall area with lots of shopping and food options! There is also a movie theatre. Not a bad drive into Baltimore if needed and about a 10 minute walk to the light rail stop... They also do not provide a shuttle from the light rail to he hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Hello Tmk0014,
Thank you for your time in giving us a review of your stay. It is helpful to us to see the hotel in light of your experience. I am so sorry that you were not able to give us an excellent rating and will use your review as we move forward in our constant improvements. However it does please me that you did have a good experience. I agree, we are very convenient to many local attractions in Hunt Valley and easy access to the transportation thoroughfares. It seems you are Marriott Rewards Member; we certainly appreciate your continued loyalty. It is our hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

The hotel is on the older side and sort of dark and blah. I stay in the area often and try to use this as a last resort. The price is often higher then the surrounding hotels which provide a larger room or suite, free breakfast, etc. The staff was excellent and super friendly and helpful and there is a little spot that sells food (not really a restaurant) which was cute. Toiletries were a tiny shampoo, conditioner and lotion and the blow dryer is one of those tiny things that have no power. (No mouthwash, hair cap, shower gel, etc) Overall, an okay option if the surrounding hotels are booked up but not my favorite. The layout with the number of doors to the parking lot also made me nervous...when there is an exit door feet away from an elevator, it makes you nervous that someone could jump in and follow you.

Room Tip: My room had a funny smell
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Hello Florida4metoo,
Thank you for your gracious comments on the excellence of the staff at Courtyard Hunt Valley. I am sad that you find our hotel only an okay option. We do strive to be a great hotel within our brand niche. Just one FYI for your next trip, we have some toiletry items at the front desk for your use, such as a shower cap. Please let us know and we would be happy to bring one to you. The hallway doors remain locked and guests must use their room key to enter the hotel. Only the front door is open to the general public. I have been here for several years and I feel quite comfortable going to and from my car at any time of day, in the parking lot and doing rounds about the hotel. I am sorry you felt nervous. If you ever feel nervous again, call us. Security is one of our top priorities; please let us know if you see any suspicious activity so we can address it immediately. Also thank you for using our Bistro (café). It is a popular spot on property with all the televisions.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

worst hotel, poor customer service,air was broken in the room, it smelled and was just a horrible time, the staff was very short with us,and acted like we were in inconveniencing them. I will never be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
CY-GM-HV-MD, Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear melissab29253,
I apologize for your experience while here in Hunt Valley. We strive to provide excellent service and to make your life on the road stress-free and rejuvenating. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
We appreciate your comments because they allows us to get better; seen through the eyes of a guest, gives us great feedback. We sincerely hope that you do consider us again in the future. If I can be of further service please do not hesitate to contact me.
LMKYL221

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We had a family gathering in the area so we decided to try this property based on location and previous reviews. It seems we made the right choice, the room was clean, quiet with great service; near shopping,restaurants and entertainment. I recommend this property if you need a place to stay in the area for a couple of days.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Good Morning Anthony480,
It is always wonderful to be able to visit family! We are happy you chose us to be your home away from home during your visit. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I will be delighted to convey your comments to the associates. I know they will appreciate them as much, or more, than I. Please stop by next time to say hello.
Many happy memory making times to you and your family, LMKyle

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Obtained as a pre-paid stay, we really were pleased with this Courtyard. It is well laid out. An interesting item is the open-bistro situation that makes this restaurant and bar a part of the entrance lobby. It took some getting used to, but it made the lobby a living organism. Although we chose not to eat there, we were still impressed.

Their computer center was convenient and likewise open to the lobby. My wife liked the pool, though its hours were abbreviated due to their having a lifeguard there whenever it was open.

Our room was very comfortable and clean, though a bit on the small size. I had chosen a handicapped room with a bathtub, and I was pleased with my choice.

As far as dining went, there were lots of restaurants on York Rd., just a half mile from the hotel. We chose a great Indian restaurant for dinner--The India Palace, about 3.5 miles from the hotel, south on York Rd. to a left on Cranbrook Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030--(410) 628-6800. Another notable place just a quarter mile from the hotel is Wegman's, and they have tons of food served in food bars, plus all their groceries; they are open for all meal times.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RJSSY,
Hello and thank you for your awesome feedback. Especially on the review for the India Palace, since I have to shy away from this type of cuisine due to a spice allergy, I appreciate the thumbs-up for them. There are plenty of eateries and shopping in our area, close to the Interstate as well! We like the Bistro for our wings; our favorite Asia Thai. Maybe next time you can give them a try.
Thank you for your review once again. We are so glad you found us and enjoyed yourself in our hometown.
Hope to see you again soon, LMKyle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunt Valley
Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley
Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley
Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

Been to Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!