“Clean hotel with bad morning front desk service!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley

Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Massapequa, New York, United States
“Clean hotel with bad morning front desk service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I'm staying at the hotel currently for 2 nights. I'm visiting family in the area and while the hotel is clean and in a good location...the front desk sucks and the pool hours. Monday to Friday they only have the pool open from 5pm to 10pm!!! If your here to relax...you can't use the pool till 5pm!!! That's ridiculous and the main reason why we would never stay here again! The reason we selected this hotel was because they had a pool and during July I would think one would want to have a pool available to enjoy. When we called down to the front desk...the agent rudely said "POOL HOURS...MONDAY TO FRIDAY 5PM-10PM." If you are staying more than 1 night and want to enjoy the hotel amenities you paid for....then stay at another hotel.

Pros: location..clean
Cons: front desk...no chairs outside to enjoy the balcony...pool hours

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
LKyle221, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Good Morning,
Thank you for your comments about the hotel and especially the pool hours. In Baltimore County we are required to have a lifeguard on duty at all times the pool is open for our guests. This is the reason we have limited hours, especially during the business week. On the weekend the hours are extended, yet I know that does not assist you today. I am sorry you are not able to enjoy the pool this morning. I will speak to the front desk personnel to ensure that when speaking about the pool hours to our guest that they explain in a polite and professional manner. I will also double check our website to make sure that the limited hours are stated under the pool amenity. I appreciate your feedback as it will assist us to become better.
Peace,
LKyle221

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for business a few times, most recently in June 2014. It is a typical Courtyard, although the guest rooms could use a little face lift. Beds are comfortable in the usual Marriott style but the carpet, curtains and other room features were a little worn compared to other Courtyards I have stayed in. Its a fine place to stay for business, however, since it is clean and is in a great location near shopping and businesses. Having the onsite Bistro is nice, although I wish they were open at lunch for those looking for a quick bite. One thing that is a stand-out at this Courtyard is the staff, they are wonderful. Everyone on is extremely friendly and goes the extra mile to help you out. Its one of the reasons I return to this Courtyard when business brings me to the Hunt Valley area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
LKyle221, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Good Moring Jamie L.,
Thank you for your outstanding comments on the service of the team here. Also for your continued loyalty to Courtyard Marriott, we appreciate you. We continue to strive to become better and your comments are taken into consideration to do this. I will be happy to let the team, especially the housekeeping staff, know as well. We hope to see you again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have stayed at this Courtyard twice within the last two months and have found it to be a standard representation of what you would expect to find from a Courtyard. The staff is friendly and I always use the bistro for breakfast, consistently good.

The only complaint I have is that both times I stayed there was an ant problem in both of the rooms.

Room Tip: have stayed on the first floor and had ants, may want to request a different floor
1 Thank George G
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello gegogo,
I am glad that you found us to be what you expected at a Courtyard Marriott. For many travelers, a seamless stay is the best. I do apologize about the ants. We have had our pest control partner treat the property a couple of times and will continue until we have these pesky ants under control.
Thank you for the kind comments about the staff and the Bistro. The breakfast sandwich, Healthy Start, is my favorite. We hope to see you again soon.
Safe journeys,
LMKyl221
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a very decent Marriott Courtyard. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean; it is what you would typically expect from the brand. It the location works for you, then this hotel is a good choice. There are plenty of restaurants very close by (few minute drive ... walkable if you don't mind crossing a busy road...).

• 4 of 5 bubbles
LKyle221, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello 150hotelnightsayear,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. It pleases me to know you had a nice stay at our Courtyard. We are in an excellent location for dining and sleep. I see you love a couple of the same cities I do, Williamsburg and Charleston, SC. Wish I could say the same for some of your world travels; one day, in the bucket list. It means a lot to have your favor; I appreciate it since you have seen quite a bit.
If I or my team can assist you in the future, do not hesitate to let us know.
Safe globe-trotting,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We needed a room for a family/friends reception following a graveside service for my brother-in-law. From the event planner, Paige, to the other associates who had a part, we were treated extremely well....I would have to say we were pampered. They showed compassion and made sure our every need was met. It was a truly enjoyable experience. You folks should be proud.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LKyle221, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Mr. 366bob,
It was our pleasure to meet you and your family. I am glad we were able to assist you in this sad phase of life. It is a situation one is never prepared for, no matter how much you prepare.
Thank you for sharing the opportunity to look over the pictures of your brother-in-law. In the small glimpse of his life’s journey I was able to see how very much we are all connected in America. It made me smile realizing that your family photos are very similar to my family photos. Especially the black and white ones with the little black corner tabs; those flooded my memory.
I will make sure that our team is aware of your kind comments. And YES! I am very proud of them all.
Peace be with you and yours,
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

On Monday, June 12 my business associate and I were sent to this hotel by the Hyatt in Baltimore after the Hyatt gave away our rooms that had been booked since March. We arrived at the Courtyard after a long day of driving and the extra stress of having to reload our car and drive away from Baltimore to Hunt Valley (about 30 minutes). Ashley at the desk greeted us promptly, said they were expecting us and treated us with kindness and professionalism. When she called the Hyatt to get the billing code so we would not have to give our credit cards(the Hyatt paid for our stay at the Courtyard for one night) and the Hyatt staff said they would not have the code until morning, Ashley called her manager, George, right away. The two of them got us checked in without the needed code, and they offered to hold their on-site grill open for us if we needed them to. Our rooms we're clean, quiet, and so much appreciated. Kudos to the Courtyard for saving the day for two weary business travelers!

Hello Lisa G,
It pleases me to know that our team was able to assist you in your long, rerouted journey. I know that sometimes things happen…and for us it gave the opportunity to assist you. I will be sure to let Ashley and George know that you did mention them by name and be sure to recognize them on our bulletin board in our break room. Also our housekeeping team in making the rooms ready and comfortable for you. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of you staying will us again.
Safe journeys,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had 15-30 of our employees stay their for 8 weeks and they loved it. my employees enjoyed the hotel, they thought it was very clean, comfortable and loved the people that worked their. They enjoyed the location as well, a lot to do around the area. Thank you you to everyone who works at this hotel for making our employees feel so welcome :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LKyle221, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
StephNJason,

It was our pleasure!! Your team is also awesome. Thank you for the opportunity to get to know them all.
Peace,
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!