“Comfortable and peaceful”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
BDBate
“Comfortable and peaceful”
Reviewed 14 December 2010

My husband and I were extremely pleased with this hotel. We checked in late at night, the clerk at the desk was very nice and friendly and it only took a few minutes to get our room. Our room was exactly how I requested it, clean, quiet, and comfortble. We never heard a sound from anyone in the hall or neighboring rooms which is a major plus. I also have sensitive skin and allergies, so I requested a feather free room and the sheets did not bother me. The bed was very comfortable and we also liked that we had our own thermostat to control the temperature of the room. Another plus is it this is a smoke free hotel. The only thing that could have been better were the pillows: they felt a little lumpy and all the air went out of the them as soon as you layed down. But overall we had great stay, got good nights of sleep, and would consider returning here in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BDBate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Mount Olive, NC
Reviewed 15 May 2010

We always prefer to pay a cash deposit instead of a credit card hold. We have stayed at Marriott Hotels 49 times in the last year.

This is the first time we were forced to pay a $100 cash deposit at a hotel. Our ROOM didn't even cost that much! There is no wet bar, there only breakfast at this hotel and the internet is free. What could you possible spend at this hotel that they need $100 for incidentals? We stayed at a 5-star last night in downtown Baltimore that only requested a $50 cash deposit. Will never stay at this hotel again.

The desk clerk was not helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank lmundorf67

Travellers are raving about these Hunt Valley hotels

Morristown, NJ
Reviewed 29 January 2010

I was in town with colleagues for business, and arrived late in the evening during a terrible rain storm. The hotel is in the middle of a weird area - a maze of huge parking lots and a smattering of tall buildings, so my guess is the majority of their guests are business travelers. It's one of those areas that you bet used to be a farming/rural area, and they plopped down some industry in the middle of it.

While the neighborhood is not all that welcoming, the hotel itself is very nice and we were pleasantly surprised. Welcoming lobby and common areas. Rooms were nicely decorated, beds comfy, bathrooms clean. Wireless internet worked well, too. We only ate one meal there - breakfast one morning, and it was very good. Friendly wait staff also. We didn't use the gym or pool but they both looked well kept. Oh, and they had free hot cocoa in the lobby in nice silver urns which we really enjoyed - just a nice touch.

We were most appreciative of the service, a rare find these days. On our way to the hotel from the train station, our cab driver nearly killed us a few times. So we had him just pull over and leave us on the side of the highway with our luggage in the pouring rain and rush hour. We called the hotel and they came to get us immediately, even tho we didn't even really know where we were and had given them a vague location.

A member of our group also lost a memory stick in their guest room and the staff offered to buy a new one to replace it without hesitation.

There's also a new outdoor mall across the street with great restaurants - Hunt Valley Town Centre. I say it's across the street but with all the weird parking lots, it's not exactly safe or easy to walk there -- but the hotel offers a shuttle to the mall and to area businesses as well. We ate at a fantastic steak place at the mall called Greystone Grill.

Overall, we were pleasantly surprised and would stay there again if in town on business.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank EilisRyan
Lancaster County, PA
Reviewed 17 January 2010

This Marriott Courtyard is not as nice as most Courtyards we've stayed at. We used it for an overnight in our travels, but we probably wouldn‘t stay here if in the area again. It wasn't awful; it's just that it has some age on it and needs renovating.

It looks like only the carpets and bed linens have been updated. The rooms were certainly clean. However, furniture and curtains in the rooms should be freshened up. Tables were quite nicked, and the general feel of the decor seems really tired. Hallways were dimly lit. The bed seemed uncomfortable, and I usually don't take note of that.

This Courtyard does, however, have some pluses. The front desk person was VERY pleasant and welcoming. There is free wired internet in each room. In the lobby they offer tea, coffee, and hot chocolate during the evening hours. Parking is no problem, and there is a big shopping center nearby as well as light rail into the city of Baltimore.

Bottom line: it's okay but there are other hotels in the Hunt Valley area. I’d choose one of those hotels on a return visit.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank patrema
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 19 October 2009

I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member and I have stayed several nights at Courtyards throughout the US. This hotel is an average Courtyard in comparison of the other Courtyards that I have stayed at. I stayed for five nights.

Value: At $ 99.00 (which included breakfast) plus taxes per night was a very good value.

Location: The location of the hotel was very good for me based upon my itinerary for my trip. There is a mall that is down the road from the hotel. It took 35 minutes to drive from the BWI Car Rental center to the hotel (non-rush hour).

Front Desk Service: I have to give the front desk a good mark in regards to service.

Room: I had a room on the second floor. The size of the room is the same size of the other ‘standard’ Courtyard rooms. I had plenty of space in my room.

Room Desk: It has the standard Courtyard desk and chair. Unlike the desk chair at the room that I had at the Embassy Suite which had worn materials in the shape of threads hanging from the back of the chair, the chair at the Courtyard was in very good condition.

Refrigerator: There was a refrigerator in the room.

TV: The TV was old…it wasn’t a flat screen…but it did have audio ports to attach digital cameras or digital camcorders.

Bed: It was very comfortable.

Breakfast - Food: The breakfast selection and quality of the food for breakfast at was good during my visit.

Breakfast – Service: The service ranged from average to good. During the week, the breakfast starts at 6:30 AM…I wish that it started at 6:00 AM. My only negative about the service is the failure to get the bill\check in a timely fashion. A few years, a new policy was implemented at Courtyards where the bill\check is given to the guest within minutes after sitting down. Every day, I had to ask for my check.

Parking: There was plenty of parking.

AC\Heat: Unlike the Embassy Suite where the unit made a large sounding noise that woke me up every time that it came on, the AC/Heat in the Courtyard didn’t make a noise.

Elevators: The elevators at the hotel were very fast unlike the slow elevators at the Embassy Suite.

The next time that I am back, I will make another reservation at the Courtyard.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank ArizonaRoadWarrior
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 18 July 2009

I'm a Marriott frequent stayer, but I hadn't been to this one. I've stayed at the Embassy Suites a couple of times before when I was here. I think this hotel is slightly better.

Both my coworker and I were given suites. I don't know if all the rooms are like this, but this was great. Included: Living room with couch, coffee table, two matching chairs; desk and desk chair; separate bedroom with king bed; a tv in each room; microwave, mini fridge; a bathroom that didn't have a loud fan (no fan, which I like), consistent AC (with a controller in each room). I had a first floor, courtyard-side room. Sat on the little porch of my room each night. Didn't have to deal with the super slow Embassy elevators.

The Embassy definitely has a better breakfast (free and extensive), although the Marriott did fine with selection, and the servers were helpful, attentive and nice. The Embassy also has that great manager's reception in the evening, and the Marriott has nothing like that.

Anyway, the two hotels are pretty even, but I think I'd stay at the Marriott again over the Embassy, given a choice.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank GHillTraveler
northeast US
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Stayed for an sports tournament. Good location next to upscale strip mall so very easy to buy food, etc. Stayed on lower floor and didn't hear much noise from around us which was really good. Overall a really good value for the money including the breakfast which was included with our weekend package as a rewards member. Only complaint was promptly handled and that was the overwhelming air freshener, sickly sweet. really triggered sinuses. Advantage was sliding glass door which allowed us to air it out rather quickly but it must have been on one of those annoying timers. Pool area was clean, staff was very professional and helpful, workout room could use a little updating for those of us who must workout for health issues.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!