We stayed at this on campus hotel for orientation and then again for move in day in August. This hotel is a Marriot but does not feel like one. It is clean and well maintained but does not have many amenities. This really was not an issue for us as we did not spend much time there but it is really just a clean nearby place to spend the night if you are visiting UMD. The hotel is right on the perimeter of the campus so you can walk to the dorms, Capital One Stadium and many other buildings but be prepared to walk. You really need a car because the hotel does not have a shuttle to take you to the campus. The walk to a dorm could be at least a mile depending on which side of campus you are visiting. We did think it was strange that there was no shuttle given the miles of campus. The hotel itself is clean and the staff is freindly but there are few amenities. The consierge lounge is not up to Marriot standards at all and there really is no place to eat. There is a Starbucks in the conference center across the outdoor courtyard and a very small restaurant. The hotel is pretty large and these eating areas are very small- really set up for conference style guests.
If you are staying here to visit your UMD student this is probably your best be given the limited hotels in the area but you will need to drive to restaurants and to the campus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville