We arrived late (10PM) Thursday evening for a 3 day conference/3 night stay.
No one offered to help with our bags.
There were 20-somethings running around the lobby, drunk, in 80s get-up and diapers?! (Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to)
We were quickly given a room, in the new wing, which I had read was better than the old. The room (433) was quiet, and that is about all it had going for it.
The room is VERY small. One king bed. No more than 3 feet on any side. The bedding seemed to be covered in plastic beneath the sheets, making for a strange experience. The bathroom is a glass room in the bedroom. There is a sliding glass door separating the bed from the toilet. The door is very loud when it slides. The shower drian runs the length of the shower and is also very loud. The whole thing is very strange for America... The only thing I know to compare it to is a friends place in Singapore.
Perhaps OK for one person attending a conference, but absolutely a disaster for two people (evening significant others, or married couples) and especially if you're on different schedules. The bathroom light luminates the whole room. It created tensions where there were/are none. Overall the lighting is terrible for doing makeup.
The closet was too small for hanging clothes and closing the doors -- suit shoulders on standard hangers rubbed and got slammed in closet.
A very poorly constructed layout of a room.
Rooms have coffee, iron, minibar, hairdryer, and standard Marriott toiletries. The room was well cleaned daily.
There is a shuttle to the metro that is convenient.
The gym is well-equipped and offers individual tvs (though you need your own headphones) and fruit, though I didn't observe water in the gym.
Again, on checkout, no one offered to help with my bags, even as many staff observed me struggling with four suitcases and 3 large umbrellas.
I was not at all satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville