“They made our stay feel great!”

Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hyattsville
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The hotel is very clean, beds were very comfortable. The hot breakfast in the morning is wonderful.
Everyone in this hotel is extremely nice! As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted in a genuine great way.
Vanessa was the most helpful. She really made the difference when she allowed us to check out a few minutes after check-out time (most hotels make you pay). She was very understanding of our situation and she even went the extra mile by asking if our issue was resolved!
Thank you Vanessa, it is always nice to find friendly people away from home, and specially when on vacation!

• Stayed: July 2013
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Hello C0162912C,

I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! I'm glad Vanessa was able to help you through out your stay, along with any other associates you had the opportunity to interact with during your time here. We do hope to see you again in the future! Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel for three nights in June 2013. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, the breakfast is nice and has a number of options, the gym is nice (two treadmills, one elliptical, weights), and it's only five minutes from a Metro station (takes about 25-30 minutes to get to downtown DC on the subway). The only drawback is the neighborhood - it's not that nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Hello Texan_2006,

It was wonderful having you stay with us during your business trip, and I see you were able to take full advantage of the fitness center’s updated equipment. With all of the metro maps and city maps that we have available, along with the knowledge our Front Desk staff has of the city I truly hope navigating on the metro and through the city was a breeze for you. We certainly hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week, clean, nice place to stay. the staff is great and friendly. The free shuttle to the DC metro Is a bonus for sure. I would stay here again in a minute. The free breakfast was good, I wish they had a pool, but I guess pools aren't as popular in this part of the country.

• Stayed: June 2013
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Hello Danny2175,

It is great to hear that your week with us went so well and how much you enjoyed everything we have to offer! It’s great to see you also saved yourself some driving time to go into the city by utilizing the complimentary shuttle. We also travel within a 5 mile radius, so if you wish to explore some new restaurants in the area on your next visit please be sure to ask about some of the food options nearby. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon! Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I was on a 15 hour trip to start a new job, and my car got hit and totalled about 9 hours from home. I got brought to this hotel with no knowledge of the area or idea of how I was going to keep going. The employees at the desk were incredibly helpful in suggesting ideas and telling me what was in the area. When the manager (Alex) came out, he actually offered to give me a ride to the airport that was 20 miles away because this was the only car rental place that was open. He did give me a ride, and asked for nothing in return. I did stay the night there, and the room was great. The breakfast the next morning was also really good. But if it wasn't for Alex, I never would have made it to my new job on time, and it is amazing that he was willing to do this for a complete stranger. Great people here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Hello dave m,

It is so wonderful to read about your positive experience with us, even after you had to go through such a bad situation while driving. We are very happy to hear you made it to our hotel safely and received the accommodations and service that met your needs and expectations! We hope to see you again in the future and congratulations on your new job!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We chose this place coz of its proximity to the DC metro stations New Carrollton or Landover, to get to DC downtown. The front desk staff are very warm and friendly. They even helped me to switch to a non-smoking room (I booked smoking by mistake). The entire hall-way smelt cigarettes. They have free shuttles to New Carrollton Metro, but its only until 10 PM. We took a Night tour of DC (Bus Tour). So we ended up taking our own car to the Metro station. The 2-way charge for the Metro is ~$10 per person to get to Smithsonian station or Metro Center. So if you are party of 4 and you stay in DC area for 2 days plus 2 days parking at Metro, this itself adds upto $100. Choosing this place is your judgement and convenience. The rooms comes with Fridge and Microwave, which is nice if you ever need one. But the weird thing is we couldn't find any convenient power outlets anywhere in the room or nearby the computer desk. So I had to use the one meant for the TV. The Breakfast was pretty ordinary in comparison with other Holiday Inns and could have been much better. Overall, it was above average experience and the good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Hello Krishna S,
I’m glad you and your family were able to take advantage of the metro being so close to get into the city. It really does help you avoid a lot of traffic when you want to tour multiple monuments. If you did not use any packages for your stay, you can use our Gas and Go promotion package, so the next time you drive to the metro you can still save! We would love to see you and your family once again, especially once we upgrade our lights to include outlets in all of the guestrooms!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

With closer to downtown DC I thought this was a nice place for the $. Front desk was quick on check in and room was good. I thought the bed was comfortable, however the room set up is odd with no outlets by working desk to plug in laptop, etc. Place may be in need of a refresh but overall it was a good stay. There were a lot of kids (bus load) in the lobbies but it really wasn't a bother. Continental breakfast was also quality in the morning. Overall I give a star higher as I know what you get for $300 a night close by...that's worth another star in itself.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Hello NEFANMAN,
I’m glad your stay went very well and you enjoyed your room. With the children here and buses in our parking lot I do hope you also found it easy to still find a spot in the evenings since we also have the extended space in the back of the hotel. I also appreciate your feedback on the outlets as the hotel will be upgrading to the lamps with outlets included in them for better accessibility for all guests. Once this change occurs, I do hope completing your work in the room becomes an ease and allows you more time to have fun in the city!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Front desk staff very nice, shuttle drivers very good, room was nice, breakfast was pretty good. All areas appeared clean and room was clean. We had a nice, quiet sleep and the bed could have been a little softer but it was pretty good. A/C worked well and room has a fridge and microwave which is great. Some stores and restaurants nearby. Free shuttle to Metro but only runs till 10pm. Much cheaper alternative than staying in D.C. Visited son who is going to GW University. Would def stay here again.

Room Tip: I believe that rooms toward the back of the hotel are probably quieter, but make sure you stipulate...