“Extremely happy w/ our stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hyattsville
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights so we could visit DC & was extremely happy w/ everything! (About 20 min. Ride on metro to Dc) Every staff member from counter to housekeeping to shuttle drivers to breakfast staff were genuinely friendly. Vanessa & Chrissy were perfectly accommodating! There was also a tall man that did a great job (i didn't catch his name) I couldn't believe washer/dryer was complimentary (I brought my own detergent)! I took advantage of that & didn't have to deal w/ laundry after we came back home. The metro is not walking distance so I made sure to book their shuttle in the am's. I was advised to call a few stops before while on the metro to have them ready for us on the way back. i made sure to do that b/c I read another post about waiting 45 mins. For it. I was getting nervous the 2nd time returning b/c we waited for 15 mins (2 seniors, my husband, me & my 3 year old & 15 months old)& still no shuttle. I called for an update (they called me back) & they informed me that the van was having mechanical difficulty. To my surprise, they advised me to take a taxi back to the hotel & they would take care of the bill. When we arrived back at the hotel, they (I think Chrissy) were very apologetic & took care of the taxi driver while we went upstairs. I was completely satisfied w/ how professional they were in handling that situation. Breakfast was also delicious w/ a very clean room to enjoy it. Love their pancake maker! So easy to press a button & out comes 2 fresh hot pancakes! The fitness center was also very clean. My son loved the complimentary popcorn but i was glad (the man) to be reminded there was a lot of salt so we would ask them to give him 1/2 a bagful! The room was clean & microwave & fridge was convenient. The key card swipe to make elevator go to floors made me feel safe there. when i forgot my card the staff quickly made another for me. This was a great stay & will def come back & recommend to others!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Hello Lily C,
During your 3 night stay with us, I’m glad you had wonderful interactions with Vanessa, Chrisy, and another one of the friendly associates. It’s great to see our complimentary washers and dryers are still a huge hit with our guests as many hotels may not provide this complimentary feature. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

First impressions make the difference! Vanessa welcomed me for my check-in. I was tired from walking the sites all day. Yet her smile and professional check-in was energizing. Keep up the great work.
The rooms are clean. The welcome area is welcoming. The price works with the budget. There's a nice little family owned Italian restaurant next door; nothing fancy but the food is good. 2 gas stations right next door if you have to fill up the rental before returning to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Hello Mike R,
It is wonderful to read that Vanessa was able to make a lasting impression with you during your check-in process! It’s great to see that you were able to explore our local restaurant and convenient stores and gas stations within walking distance. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

First, the place is clean. You can tell when you walk into the lobby.
Second, it's safe. You need a key card just to make the elevator move.
Third, they serve continental breakfast 7 days a week for 3 hours in the a.m.
Also, they have a free shuttle service that will transport you within a 5 mile area for free!
The front desk staff greeted me with friendliness and were super helpful in my answering my questions.
It was a great value!! We definitely go more than we paid for!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Hello breb,

It is wonderful to see you and your family had an all-around great stay with us! I'm glad to see you took advantage of not only our complimentary breakfast to get you started on a great day, but also the complimentary shuttle. We hope this made your travels a bit easier and cost effective. We hope to have you and your family returns in the future!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

The hotel is very clean, beds were very comfortable. The hot breakfast in the morning is wonderful.
Everyone in this hotel is extremely nice! As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted in a genuine great way.
Vanessa was the most helpful. She really made the difference when she allowed us to check out a few minutes after check-out time (most hotels make you pay). She was very understanding of our situation and she even went the extra mile by asking if our issue was resolved!
Thank you Vanessa, it is always nice to find friendly people away from home, and specially when on vacation!

• Stayed: July 2013

Hello C0162912C,

I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! I'm glad Vanessa was able to help you through out your stay, along with any other associates you had the opportunity to interact with during your time here. We do hope to see you again in the future! Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel for three nights in June 2013. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, the breakfast is nice and has a number of options, the gym is nice (two treadmills, one elliptical, weights), and it's only five minutes from a Metro station (takes about 25-30 minutes to get to downtown DC on the subway). The only drawback is the neighborhood - it's not that nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Hello Texan_2006,

It was wonderful having you stay with us during your business trip, and I see you were able to take full advantage of the fitness center’s updated equipment. With all of the metro maps and city maps that we have available, along with the knowledge our Front Desk staff has of the city I truly hope navigating on the metro and through the city was a breeze for you. We certainly hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week, clean, nice place to stay. the staff is great and friendly. The free shuttle to the DC metro Is a bonus for sure. I would stay here again in a minute. The free breakfast was good, I wish they had a pool, but I guess pools aren't as popular in this part of the country.

• Stayed: June 2013
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Hello Danny2175,

It is great to hear that your week with us went so well and how much you enjoyed everything we have to offer! It’s great to see you also saved yourself some driving time to go into the city by utilizing the complimentary shuttle. We also travel within a 5 mile radius, so if you wish to explore some new restaurants in the area on your next visit please be sure to ask about some of the food options nearby. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon! Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I was on a 15 hour trip to start a new job, and my car got hit and totalled about 9 hours from home. I got brought to this hotel with no knowledge of the area or idea of how I was going to keep going. The employees at the desk were incredibly helpful in suggesting ideas and telling me what was in the area. When the manager (Alex) came out, he actually offered to give me a ride to the airport that was 20 miles away because this was the only car rental place that was open. He did give me a ride, and asked for nothing in return. I did stay the night there, and the room was great. The breakfast the next morning was also really good. But if it wasn't for Alex, I never would have made it to my new job on time, and it is amazing that he was willing to do this for a complete stranger. Great people here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Hello dave m,

It is so wonderful to read about your positive experience with us, even after you had to go through such a bad situation while driving. We are very happy to hear you made it to our hotel safely and received the accommodations and service that met your needs and expectations! We hope to see you again in the future and congratulations on your new job!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyattsville
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway? Share your experiences!