We stayed here for 3 nights so we could visit DC & was extremely happy w/ everything! (About 20 min. Ride on metro to Dc) Every staff member from counter to housekeeping to shuttle drivers to breakfast staff were genuinely friendly. Vanessa & Chrissy were perfectly accommodating! There was also a tall man that did a great job (i didn't catch his name) I couldn't believe washer/dryer was complimentary (I brought my own detergent)! I took advantage of that & didn't have to deal w/ laundry after we came back home. The metro is not walking distance so I made sure to book their shuttle in the am's. I was advised to call a few stops before while on the metro to have them ready for us on the way back. i made sure to do that b/c I read another post about waiting 45 mins. For it. I was getting nervous the 2nd time returning b/c we waited for 15 mins (2 seniors, my husband, me & my 3 year old & 15 months old)& still no shuttle. I called for an update (they called me back) & they informed me that the van was having mechanical difficulty. To my surprise, they advised me to take a taxi back to the hotel & they would take care of the bill. When we arrived back at the hotel, they (I think Chrissy) were very apologetic & took care of the taxi driver while we went upstairs. I was completely satisfied w/ how professional they were in handling that situation. Breakfast was also delicious w/ a very clean room to enjoy it. Love their pancake maker! So easy to press a button & out comes 2 fresh hot pancakes! The fitness center was also very clean. My son loved the complimentary popcorn but i was glad (the man) to be reminded there was a lot of salt so we would ask them to give him 1/2 a bagful! The room was clean & microwave & fridge was convenient. The key card swipe to make elevator go to floors made me feel safe there. when i forgot my card the staff quickly made another for me. This was a great stay & will def come back & recommend to others!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyattsville Hotel's guests discover DC with ease whether marveling at the monuments of Washington, DC or enjoying a quiet, comfortable workspace near the capital at the Holiday Inn Express® Washington, DC - BW Parkway hotel. Situated in Hyattsville, Maryland, this hotel's location only 7 miles from downtown DC offers capital convenience from tours of the White House to concerts at the Verizon Center. Keep in touch with the office using free Wi-Fi and the 24-hour Business Center. Major corporations, including the IRS and NASA, CSC, Prince George's Hospital Center and Doctors Community Hospital, are all within 11 miles, so you can travel to meetings effortlessly. Our complimentary shuttle takes will take you to area businesses within 5 miles. Cheer on the Redskins at FedEx Field before showing off your athletic skills at Prince George's Sports & Learning Complex. Enjoy free parking then hop on our complimentary shuttle to the New Carrollton Metro Station to enjoy DC. You can begin each morning with a plateful of warm cinnamon rolls, cheesy omelets and pancakes from the free, hot Express Start Breakfast Bar and energize in the well-equipped Fitness Center with a 40-inch HDTV. All guests enjoy free access to laundry facilities and microwave and refrigerator in each room. For a monumental stay in the DC area, book now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel Hyattsville
- Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway Maryland/Hyattsville