“Affordable option for visiting DC”

Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hyattsville
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were traveling with a party of 4 and was able to get 2 rooms in Hyattsville for the cost of 1 in DC close to the attractions. I have nothing negative to say about our stay. It was easy to find, convenient to the city, friendly staff, free shuttle to the metro, good breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms.

I nice feature is the security at the hotel. You must have a key in the elevator to access the rooms.

Only thing missing is a pool.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Daniellestedman

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the Washington Redskins-vs-San Francisco 49ers. The hotel was clean and the staff is friendly. Breakfast was what you would expect at a Holiday Inn (which is not bad). Close to DC. If I was in that particular area, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RobinGetsItIn
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed two nights at the HI Express BW Parkway. The hotel seems recently remodeled and is generally clean. It is very convenient to the BW Parkway and I-495. The hotel seems very secure. The hotel front entrance requires your room key to get in and the elevator also requires your room key 24/7. I like that feature but it also makes you wonder if they have it that way because the area is not very safe. It seemed safe to me and the parking lot was fairly secure.

The room was clean and comfortable with the usual amenities that you would find at a HI Express. The TV was fairly large with a decent amount of channels and the internet connection was usable. The bathroom was small and it had a few minor issues. The shower was kinda of tough to figure out because the water lever was broken and would rotate 360 degrees without stopping. So figuring out where the hot and cold water started and stop was frustrating. Also the door to the bathroom would not open all of the way because it would hit the shower curtain bar. The heater/air conditioner in the room did not keep the temperature as comfortable as I would have liked but I was so tired each night I fell asleep either way. Otherwise I would have probably been a little frustrated by that.

The breakfast room was small but functional. The usual offerings were made available and the area was clean.

I did not pay that close attention to the area around the hotel in the way of restaurants and other shopping but I am sure there are places to eat. Although none seemed within walking distance.

Overall this was a good trip and I will probably use them again when I travel back to the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ewing384
Reviewed 13 November 2013

You get a room that is clean with an updated interior, including a nice sized flat screen and refrigerator. Don't expect a whole lot more. The room is very small and there isn't much else as far as accommodations go - except for the free parking I guess. The staff is nice and the hotel is clean.
There isn't much near buy that I could see for food and entertainment. There is an Italian restaurant and bar next door that was ok. The breakfast was good and got me going in the morning for a 30 min drive to DC. This drive can be longer depending on the time of day you leave.
Overall, it did what it was suppose to do.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Jeff W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 November 2013

What can I say about its, its a Holiday Inn, so don't go expecting 5 star service. It did however serve its purpose as somewhere to leave our suitcases, get some breakfast and sleep and it did those 3 things very well. The beds were comfy and the rooms were clean. We had a wheelchair accessible room which was well sized. The breakfast was average and consisted of pancakes, eggs, sausages and other cake type things, but what you expect from a Holiday Inn. The gym was okay, if a bit limited. Location to the centre of Washington is great and was about a 15 minute drive from the main attractions. I would stay back here again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank the427
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Hello the427,

It's wonderful that our Holiday Inn Express was able to provide you and your family a spacious and comfy room during your stay with us! I hope you enjoyed the updated furniture, hot breakfast in the morning, and short drive into Washington, DC. We look forward to having you return in the future on your next trip to Maryland!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I found the accomodations to be great. I especially found the assistance provide by Vanessa Akosua Adeempena the Front Desk Clerk to be extremely professional and courteous. I will definitely stay at tthis facility again when I'm in the D.C. area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank William S

Dear William S,

We appreciate the wonderful review and rating you have provided, escpecially the compliment to Vanessa! We are very proud to have staff memebers such as Vanessa that uphold the service standard we pride ourselves on. We look forward to having you return in the future!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was my first stay at this particular HIE, and I must say that it was superior to the stays in many others. The contemporary look and feel as well as the service provided by the staff was a pleasant surprise for sure. All of my requests were honored, and I was greeted as a Priority Club member upon arrival, even being offered several ways to earn extra points for my stay, a snack and water bottle. Traveling for business, my company books standard rooms, but you would not have known that from the thick soft towels to the glass shower and spacious room with seating other than the bed. I am a light sleeper typically but had no problem at all with extraneous noise from inside or outside of the hotel on this stay. There was enough white noise from the HVAC unit to subtly drown out any disturbances. Breakfast was the standard HIE spread minus yogurt, and the gym was cardio and free weights which is a bonus minus the exercise balls and mats. The location is just feet off of 295. I certainly would stay here again if business presents itself in that area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank HHMR H
Elaina S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Hello HMMR,
The new contemporary look has just been created in our hotel as we have updated our furniture. It’s wonderful to see you were able to experience the updates we have made to our guestrooms. The showers in our spacious King Standard rooms is definitely a favorite feature in that room, along with the large work desk, ergonomic task chair, and lounge chair. I’m glad the we provided you an inviting and warm atmosphere not only in your room, but also through your interactions with the hotel staff! We encourage you to return whether for business or for free time as we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyattsville
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway? Share your experiences!