“STAY AWAY !!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hyattsville
Senoia, Georgia, United States
“STAY AWAY !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The photos on their website are inviting, but the truth is that I felt so in dangered that I slept with a loaded gun in the room. If it weren't so late and we hadn't been driving for over 12 hours, we would have left.

-Very dangerous part of town.
-Walls are so thin we could hear our neighbor urinating in the toilet (they didn't flush either).
-Room overlooked the parking lot that had high beam security lights that stayed on all night, which is good for the security, but not good if you don't have black out curtains. It was like sleeping with a flashlight in your eyes.
-Manager is only on duty from last morning till about 5:00. Staff is clueless and could careless. So could the manager. He said he would not charge me cancelation fee, but did anyways.

STAY AWAY - I have been staying at Holiday Inn Express hotels for years, this is by far the worst one ever.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Amy A E
hiedc, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectation on this visit.Let me share with you about the area Our hotel located on suburb area of the town more development going on this time.You mentioned
security.The hotel has security personnel all year out we never had security issue in our property.If you have some concern please contact me via email( call me).I am 100% guarantee our location safe for anyone who staying or having a plane to stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Squamish, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended. They have a shuttle to the tulalip casino and outlet malls. The service was great, rooms were clean & comfortable, and breakfast has a great selection. There's even late night cookies and snacks, the 24hr store is conveniently located right beside. We will definitely be back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Angilina L
hiedc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review regarding most recent visit to our property.I appreciate your feedback and i will share it with our team.Our goal is to improve our product and services for our valued guests.Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is a great $ value. Every staff member was accommodating. You will need a car or their shuttle bus, but that is worth the savings. Consistent good quality breakfast. Quiet rooms. Good pool. Phone in my room didn't work, but staff was understanding; had to call AT&T the next day. We use cell phones anyway. Staff came immediately to fix a drip in a bathroom faucet. Microwave and fridge were in great working order. Hotel looks recently renovated. The staff really does surprise with their sincerity and pleasantness. They have all levels of softness/firmness of pillows for each bed already in the room.

Room Tip: Rooms need improvement.They can be better.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Monalisa000
Chicago, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Clean, comfortable room, BUT arrived on a Tuesday for a 4-night stay. Was told only room available was across from ice machine. Each time I opened the door of the room, it hit hangers in closet alcove. On my four day, I arrived back at 3:50 pm and the maid was in my room. In a well-run hotel, they would clean the rooms of returning guests first. Parking lot is a mess, with only a tiny space in front of the hotel, often blocked by guests checking in or service people, and lots of unused asphalt behind the hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Robert B
hiedc, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
First thank you for your feedback. Your feedback very important to us to meet our guests need. We apologize for not satisfying our guest with our housekeeping cleaning Schedule and the parking situation during your last stay. We are working on both areas to make sure satisfy our guests need. Thank You Again
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were traveling with a party of 4 and was able to get 2 rooms in Hyattsville for the cost of 1 in DC close to the attractions. I have nothing negative to say about our stay. It was easy to find, convenient to the city, friendly staff, free shuttle to the metro, good breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms.

I nice feature is the security at the hotel. You must have a key in the elevator to access the rooms.

Only thing missing is a pool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Daniellestedman
Groove City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the Washington Redskins-vs-San Francisco 49ers. The hotel was clean and the staff is friendly. Breakfast was what you would expect at a Holiday Inn (which is not bad). Close to DC. If I was in that particular area, I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RobinGetsItIn
Richmond, Va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed two nights at the HI Express BW Parkway. The hotel seems recently remodeled and is generally clean. It is very convenient to the BW Parkway and I-495. The hotel seems very secure. The hotel front entrance requires your room key to get in and the elevator also requires your room key 24/7. I like that feature but it also makes you wonder if they have it that way because the area is not very safe. It seemed safe to me and the parking lot was fairly secure.

The room was clean and comfortable with the usual amenities that you would find at a HI Express. The TV was fairly large with a decent amount of channels and the internet connection was usable. The bathroom was small and it had a few minor issues. The shower was kinda of tough to figure out because the water lever was broken and would rotate 360 degrees without stopping. So figuring out where the hot and cold water started and stop was frustrating. Also the door to the bathroom would not open all of the way because it would hit the shower curtain bar. The heater/air conditioner in the room did not keep the temperature as comfortable as I would have liked but I was so tired each night I fell asleep either way. Otherwise I would have probably been a little frustrated by that.

The breakfast room was small but functional. The usual offerings were made available and the area was clean.

I did not pay that close attention to the area around the hotel in the way of restaurants and other shopping but I am sure there are places to eat. Although none seemed within walking distance.

Overall this was a good trip and I will probably use them again when I travel back to the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank ewing384
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyattsville
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
BEST WESTERN PLUS College Park Hotel
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway? Share your experiences!