“Nice place to meet friends”
Review of Busboys and Poets

Busboys and Poets
Ranked #2 of 143 Restaurants in Hyattsville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nice atmosphere for Hyattsville. Decent menu and service. Love the eclectic decorations and the local food options! We've been here several times with larger groups of friends and had a good experience. They could use additional places for parking and a better lit parking lot, the the restaurant is great.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

A friend took me here for dinner after concluding a business trip in Landover. I didn't know what to expect from a small city like Hyattsville. But, I was in for a pleasant surprise. I really love this place. The food is very fresh and so flavorful! The restaurant has a very cool ambiance and the service was very good. It's not only a center for art and culture, but also a haven for food aficionados. I hope I'll get a chance to visit here again.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was dining here on xmas eve and it was very pleasant. Parking was slighty tight but it's hyattsville, MD. It has a very classy but modern feel to they entire place. Lots of interesting books to read while waiting for your table. The bar was huge, tables were nice, and they really bent over backwards to make the dining experience pleasant. I got the Poached pear salad which is described as following: mixed field greens, caramelized onions and caramelized pecans tossed in apple-cider vinaigrette with goat cheese. This was truly an amazing salad to eat and the ingredients were fresh! My father who ate with me got the pecan pie and shrimp pasta with a fairly spicy seasoning to it. (Can't remember the name!)

I was very impressed that you the menu appealed to virtually every picky type of eater: vegans, gluten free eaters, and muslims who will only eat halal meat. The friend chicken is served with halal meat which impressed me. Most restaurants don't really care for that level of attention to detail.

Overall, I would say great spot to explore! Our server was having a rough night working on xmas eve, yet smiled they entire time. Service,food,.. everything top notch!

The food however seemed a little pricy for some of the items. However, you are paying the higher quality ingredients. I wouldn't come here with the intent to spend a little money. Between two people we ordered: pasta dish, salad dish, iced tea, coffee, and pecan pie. It was around 43.00. That didn't include tip! I would gladly spend that money agian, but not that often.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I've been to this location on multiple occasions and the food/drinks are consistently awesome. No matter what I eat/drink, always awesome.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Wonderful atmosphere and great, friendly service. Food was excellent and there is ample parking in the lot closeby.