“Tough for Gluten Free”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I've only ever been to the Hyattsville location, but I like it. I enjoy the relaxing vibe. There's things to look at and do while waiting for a table. I've brought multiple groups of family members from out of town here and they have all enjoyed it.

I like the variety and uniqueness of options on the menu- vegan, more healthy than not, vegetarian... but being allergic to wheat (I eat similar diet to gluten-free) I find it difficult to really eat here. I love the poached pear and goat cheese salad but there's only so many times you can eat that. I would seriously love if they offered to make the paninis on gluten-free bread.

Service is always good. Not great, but good. Very informal and laid back.

Heads up, wear or bring a sweater. They PUMP the A/C here.

1  Thank Jane A

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Went here for happy hour with my co-workers!! Great parking ((two lots behind building)), great staff ((Marley is efficient and adorable)), great environment, great appetizers ((wings and crab fritters)), great drinks ((DC tap water didn't care to much for the Langston Cooler)) had the fried chicken for meal ((yummy greens on the side)) everything was worth the hype. Would definitely return! So to give an estimate my bill alone for an appetizer, drink, and meal was $36 before tip...

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We go to Busboys and Poets a lot. The food is good, imaginative, emphasizes healthful, organic, vegetarian options, but has a wide choice including pizza and burgers, too. Atmosphere is special and promotes civil rights legacy, multicultural values, celebration of diversity, and the arts. Holds a variety of programs with speakers, music, poetry, etc. When the weather is decent, outside table service is nice.
One drawback -- it's noisy, so not the best for a quiet place to talk, except at breakfast.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nice atmosphere for Hyattsville. Decent menu and service. Love the eclectic decorations and the local food options! We've been here several times with larger groups of friends and had a good experience. They could use additional places for parking and a better lit parking lot, the the restaurant is great.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

A friend took me here for dinner after concluding a business trip in Landover. I didn't know what to expect from a small city like Hyattsville. But, I was in for a pleasant surprise. I really love this place. The food is very fresh and so flavorful! The restaurant has a very cool ambiance and the service was very good. It's not only a center for art and culture, but also a haven for food aficionados. I hope I'll get a chance to visit here again.