“BAD FOOD AND RUDE MANAGEMENT”
Review of Tabeer Restaurant

Ranked #59 of 136 Restaurants in Hyattsville
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Columbia, South Carolina
“BAD FOOD AND RUDE MANAGEMENT”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

The place is a rip off and the food tasted over cooked and burnt. When we paid our bill (full price of course), the manager asked us to leave since we were complaining too much about the food. The place looks like slums and needs a complete makeover, including people working there.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank Jawad420

“WARNING! DO NOT GO HERE!!”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Let me start off my saying that I have been going to this restaurant for the past 15 years but I will never step foot in this place ever again! Their service is terrible and the "owner" (who changed 3 times, a different person every time) is down right rude. They messed up my pick up order and when aske to fix it I got a "show me the receipt". I know all ye workers there and they told managent about me and how my order was messed up but this guy didn't budge. I tried to talk to him on the phone but was hung up on about 10 times. Then he finally tells me "stop calling and don't ever come back to MY restaurant". To be honest there are way better food choices around there that will make you feel 100% more welcomed and serve better fresh food. When you go there ask them how long the food has been sitting out there and I guarantee their response will be that they don't know. DON'T GO THERE!

2 Thank Raheel101
wdc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed 27 March 2010

Well. what can i say i went there on 03/23/10 that was my first time..... i love the food and service very friendly staff from indian city of hydrabad i had good time chatting with that gentelman who was english and math teacher in india but for past 9 yrz he have been working for tabeer restaurent.... anyway all u can eat with 9 $ from the bar or you can order from menu max 15 or 18 $ per person , i will go back again very soon.

1 Thank rick2010Wdc
kce6
“Yuck, and what a rip off”
Reviewed 3 January 2010

We were eager to try Tabeer, having tried all of the Indian restaurants in the area and were excited to try Pakistani cuisine. It is behind a shopping area of a few stores, so after turning around once, we found it. I have to say, it does not rank high in the cleanliness department, and I think it also doubles as a clothing store or tailor. The buffet items were covered with chipped and broken lids, under which I wish I would have checked before grabbing a plate. There were several cafeteria dishes filled with oil and bones. There were old pieces of tape stuck above each with a magic marker describing "mutton" or "beef". Let me tell you, we are fairly certain that the "beef" was very hard liver. I was looking for some vegetarian options, and was seriously let down. One of the offerings was a bag of Birds Eye frozen veggies complete with freezer burned lima beans - this was offered again as another veggie option only they put rice in the dish. The third option was canned green beans with potatoes, and lastly green mushy -- really mushy okra. I was sent to the salad bar for onions or canned peaches. My friend tried the hard liver, and I the canned green beans. After confirming that the food was worse tasting than it looked, we decided to leave in under 10 min. Despite the fact that we had each taken the equivalent of an ice cream scoop we were charged full price for both buffets. My coat was still cold we had been there shortly. I guess enough said - you get the point.

2 Thank kce6
DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not so bad”
Reviewed 14 June 2008

I don't think it's so bad as the other reviewer believes. Yes, it's true that the location is not ideal, but no one was rowdy or difficult when I went. There were actually several families there. The food was presented as a buffet with tradtional Indo/Pak food. I thought it was quite good--a variety of kabobs, breads, and rice as well as some American-style foods like corn.

1 Thank holud