“Nostalgic, not much changed in 40+ years” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 135 Restaurants in Hyattsville
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC
“Nostalgic, not much changed in 40+ years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I went to this place for family dinners from time to time in the 60s, and so had good memories of it. The big sign on the roof with an Italian chef making the "OK" sign was an iconic part of my childhood. The restaurant is little changed from then. This is mid-market Italian food, not haute cuisine to be sure, but pleasantly informal and adequately prepared.

I went back recently, and had the veal parmesian with spaghetti. The veal was freshly and crisply breaded, with a good, rich tomato red sauce. The spaghetti would have been a bit better if cooked less, as I like it al dente, but it wasn't way overcooked. The tossed salad was fresh and attractively served. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful. I was out the door for $20 including a soda, tax, and tip.

If you're looking for a good value in a pleasant Italian dining experience from bygone days, you will like the Italian Inn.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Austin, Texas
“Not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

The food is not terrible (I had a cheese pizza), but it is not very good either. The restaurant is somewhat run down.

Visited June 2013
“Great waiter, avg food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Average family dining. My son got cheese pizza, daughter got chicken fingers and I got chicken Alfredo. Coming from the great Italian restaurants of Chicago, the Alfredo doesn't compare. The sauce was mediocre but the chicken in it was great. The garlic bread, salad and motz sticks were all pretty good. The staff was very friendly!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“A family favorite, and a great place for a gathering of friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

We love the Italian Inn!! The Italian-American cooking is reminiscent of home--comforting food that looks good and tastes great. It's not pretentious in its cuisine or atmosphere.

It's our favorite place to gather with other families for a fun night out--kids and parents enjoy good food and company without breaking the bank. The staff is super friendly and always accommodating. We've been regulars for a few years, and we've always had good experiences.

Texas, United States
“I want more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

I can't stop thinking about the pizza.
I visited the area this past weekend. This was my favorite food stop. The dining atmosphere was relaxed. The service was polite, professional and friendly. The food was out of this world. Everything tasted SO fresh. We ordered a salad & a pizza. Both were excellent but the pizza has stayed on my mind. DELICIOUS. I can't wait for my next visit because I will come back for sure.

(the entire restaurant was clean & prices were very reasonable, also)

• Visited November 2012