“switch-a-roo rates”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
Jessup, Maryland
“switch-a-roo rates”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

spoke with John at front desk who quoted me $75 a night, so we confirmed it.... when i arrive, Imoe at the front desk said John was off today and my rate is now $125... probably a good thing since cigarette butts littered the doorway and a smell of urine greeted me at the door... i had to find another hotel and will never go back to the dungeon that is la quinta jessup

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank laquintasux

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
North Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We spent 2 nights here in early July. All of the desk people we came in contact were kind, courteous and helpful. However, it was the saddest La Quinta I've ever seen. It was hidden away in a little cul de sac and looks like it may have been something else before La Quinta. It wasn't dirty, just shabby. Definitely not a vacation spot. Not even a swimming pool. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank NorthCarolinaSandie
Reviewed 24 June 2014

stayed at Tropicana Hotel for two nights .. rooms were much better than expected. Had a view of ocean. Great place to visit and stay. Housekeeping was very nice and made sure we were in need of nothing. Resort had shops, restaurants and casino did let you play some for your money.. gave great comps too. was able to get some free gifts in one of the shops.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

All the places close to BWI were full. I chose to book on this trip using Hotwire, which I seldom do. Using Hotwire the price of this LQ was great. The service at the front desk was equal or superior to anything I've ever gotten.

I'd stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CRFjockey
Alton Bay, New Hampshire
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were visiting family in this area and wanted a clean, reasonably-priced place to stay
with breakfast included. The breakfast was very good, with plenty of options!! The lobby was small, but clean and comfortable. The front staff were pleasant and accommodating.
We rented 3 rooms for 2 nights and 1 of the rooms was not cleaned/made-up after the first night.
The front desk person apologized and sent up clean towels, cups, etc. when informed.
The location was good, just off Rte 95, and plenty of eating spots nearby. It is dated, but we were not concerned with style!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor overlooking the front parking lot. Quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Willingboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 June 2014

First and foremost, I want to say the staff was nice and courteous. Other than that it really just served the purpose of having a place to shower and lay my head. When I arrived to check in there was only one person working the counter. I along with thousands of others were in town for a very popular jazz festival. You would have thought they would have staffed accordingly as to not have a line just to get checked in. Ayo, was very professional nonetheless and everyone in line was patient and nice about the situation he was left with. Once checked in I thought all was well... then I found out they checked in and gave other guest keys to MY room. Luckily, these were people that I knew and they realized once seeing my belongings in the room (I was out in the parking lot getting the car unpacked) that it was my room and not an empty, unchecked room of which they should have been given. Although we laughed, joked and made light of the situation it could have turned out VERY different had "strangers" been given my room as I had left my purse on the dresser.... Hopefully, I wont have to stay here again (the hotel I usually stay in was sold out) but if so, I hope they get their act together.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank divatgjack
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I will not stay at this la Quinta again. It is over priced, it reeked of smoke, and our room had a skylight ( couldn't change rooms cause they were full). We were in room 400 which smelled horrible and the air conditioner leaked making the floor wet. Moreover, if you plan on sleeping in, you can't due to the sun shinning through the skylight at the crack of dawn.

For the price of 100 bucks a night you should find a different la quinta for you and your pet. Oh yeah... to all of you people who complain about pets at la quinta... GET OVER IT or dont stay at la quinta. It is because of la quintas pet policy, decent breakfast, and WiFi included amenities that my family stays at la quinta.

In my experience la quinta is hit or miss and this la quinta is a miss, pick a different one or pay no more than 60 bucks to stay at this place!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup? Share your experiences!